Being called a racist

maxdancona

Reply Sun 28 Feb, 2021 09:03 am
@BillRM,
Quote:
Let see over the years I have given enough information about myself in bits and pieces along with the information contain in my handle for example to be ID if someone wish to take the time to do so using modern search engines.

Maybe you are correct. I am a little curious to see if I could identify you... but frankly I don't want to waste the time. And that is my point I guess.

Even if this is true, does this mean that you let people like Tsarstepan threaten you into not expressing yourself?
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Sun 28 Feb, 2021 10:41 am
We are talking about hunting down someone's private information with the goal of punishing them through public shame or ruining their career. Under what circumstances is this correct behavior.

- If you judge them to be racist?
- If they use the wrong pronouns?
- If they went to a southern themed party 20 years ago?

In my opinion, doxing is never appropriate. We are setting up a system of public shaming where people who commit thought crimes can be punished in way that have real consequences.

0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Mon 1 Mar, 2021 01:05 pm
@maxdancona,
Tell that to young girls who were encouraged to post salacious pots on the internet only to find once there they were forwarded forever.
maxdancona

Reply Mon 1 Mar, 2021 01:32 pm
@RABEL222,
RABEL222 wrote:

Tell that to young girls who were encouraged to post salacious pots on the internet only to find once there they were forwarded forever.

1. In one case we have adults who are being threatened with public exposure and shaming for asking questions about racism.

2. In the other case we have children who are being threatened with public exposure and shaming for making "salacious pots[sic]".

I am not sure the connection you are trying to make between these two things. They are both bad.

0 Replies

bulmabriefs144

Reply Thu 4 Mar, 2021 07:56 am
@SilentEvil,
Why should it bother you? The fact of the matter is, it's a label that you inherit for being conservative, and lately, simply for being white. You clearly like whar you like, and it doesn't sound racist to me.

These people want you to apologize for being born. Forget it.
0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Fri 5 Mar, 2021 10:34 pm
Motown released the debut album by Teena Marie, but no photo of Teena on the cover.

Label executives may have worried that R&B fans wouldn't warm to music from a white girl, but they did.

In 1979 Motown released Teena's first single, which was written and produced by Rick James.

Then Rick joined Teena on her national tv debut to perform this sizzling duet, 'I'm a Sucker for your Love'

0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/29/2024 at 10:47:17