I NEED A HAIRCUT BADLY

Reply Sun 10 Jan, 2021 06:02 am
Havent had one since March. My wife trimmed some of the greying lox and it didnt help. I am trying the "Hippie Look" with a tail and a rubber band. Now I just look like somme of those crazed hillbillies that raided the Capitol.

Im a wee bit scared of barbers in our town (we have 2). Both are non-mask-wearing Trumpistas always full of platitudes deroven from the previous customer.

I was not meant for this retro look at my age. The band aint gettin back together and I sorta like being groomed .
Thing is , NOW Im wearing these homeless hats (You know the knitted thingys) and that makes me stop shaving and wearing Henley lands end sweaters over two tee shirts. Next thing Ill be doing is looking for bridge abutments under which to take a snooze.

Do I need some help?

I was thinkin about theMr Clean Look but Id just look like a refuge from Andersonville.

Its tuff in the bubble

izzythepush

Reply Sun 10 Jan, 2021 06:18 am
@farmerman,
The Kid got a really good set of clippers and gave me a Jason Statham.
farmerman

Reply Sun 10 Jan, 2021 06:21 am
@izzythepush,
ats ok if you look like him. I ctually LOOK likeUS Grant so that "Jason" would just make me look more like a bum .
Anyway, I had chemo once I coulda starred ina Treblinka Movie (I would be the AFTER character)
izzythepush

Reply Sun 10 Jan, 2021 06:29 am
@farmerman,
I’m sorry I don’t know who US Grant is.
Tai Chi

Reply Sun 10 Jan, 2021 07:02 am
Has the Mrs ever helped with the sheep shearing? Can't be much different than that. :-)
Tai Chi

Reply Sun 10 Jan, 2021 07:05 am
Seriously I have been cutting Mr Fixit's hair since we moved here. Just get a set of clippers and follow the instructions. Only ever had one disaster and then I guess everyone we met was too polite to say anything....
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Sun 10 Jan, 2021 07:18 am
@izzythepush,

it's his avatar...
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ulysses_S._Grant
izzythepush

Reply Sun 10 Jan, 2021 07:28 am
@Region Philbis,
Thank you.

I had heard of the president, didn’t know that was his avatar, I thought he meant Lou Grant.
Region Philbis

Reply Sun 10 Jan, 2021 08:14 am
@izzythepush,

i grew up a few blocks from Grant's Tomb.

one of the first jokes i ever heard was "who is buried in Grant's Tomb?"

R(trick question)P
izzythepush

Reply Sun 10 Jan, 2021 08:58 am
@Region Philbis,
I had to look that up.

It’s not a joke, it’s a riddle, or at least the website I looked at said it was.

I normally get jokes, and was feeling a bit thick.

At least FM’s avatar has some gravitas, mine is Roger Mellie, the man from the telly, and he has none.
farmerman

Reply Sun 10 Jan, 2021 09:17 am
@Tai Chi,
she sheared sheep a few times and I was always in charg of stopping the blood flow. So, weve, since then, employed professionals. We raise Corriedale and Merino. These all have very wrinkly skins
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 10 Jan, 2021 09:20 am
@Region Philbis,
Thanx, good wiki. My guy is Grant. Over blamed and underappreciated
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 10 Jan, 2021 09:23 am
@izzythepush,
RP was giving up one of Grouchos greatest quiz jokes. When people fucked up the quiz so bad that they answered NOTHING CORRECTLY, he would ask them a "gimme" question like
who's buried in (ULYSSES) Grants Tomb??

What color was "The Old Grey Mare"

Sometimes people even got these wrong .
izzythepush

Reply Sun 10 Jan, 2021 09:28 am
@farmerman,
Like the one about a train crash on the border of two countries where you decide where the survivors should be buried.
farmerman

Reply Sun 10 Jan, 2021 09:30 am
@izzythepush,
Thatll do till something better coms along.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Sun 10 Jan, 2021 09:50 am
@farmerman,
Farmerman,

Would you feel comfortable going to a barber who followed covid protocols?

Around here you have to make an appointment to get a hair cut. You call from your car when you get there and wait outside the shop until the previous customer has left. There are masks and temperature checks.

I wonder if there is a shop like this near you.
farmerman

Reply Sun 10 Jan, 2021 11:10 am
@maxdancona,
not within about 30 miles. This is rural and woodsy
chai2

Reply Sun 10 Jan, 2021 11:41 am
@farmerman,
What’s wrong with a 30 mile drive?

What’s your wife doing about her hair?

I go to my hair stylist with no worries. She has small shop, masks and has been as busy as she wants to be throughout. No one is getting anything fancy, just quick cuts

I feel completely safe with her.
I should go every 6 wks but I keep forgetting so it’s more like every 2 months.
Then again, I’m in an urban area where no one goes out publicly unmasked
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Sun 10 Jan, 2021 11:42 am
Remember the Flowbee from the late 80's? They're making their haircutting system again.

I got one in October last year. It keeps the bushiness in control. You still need clippers for the hair on the sides of your nape. The clippers on an electric razor work well for that.
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Sun 10 Jan, 2021 07:30 pm
@izzythepush,
Wouldn't it depend on which country they came from.

1. Forums
  2. » I NEED A HAIRCUT BADLY
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/24/2024 at 07:38:25