Share some of your favorite Bible Verses and Bible Quotes.

Reply Tue 29 Dec, 2020 08:51 pm

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 1,826 • Replies: 15
No top replies

Real Music

Reply Tue 29 Dec, 2020 08:54 pm
Philippians 2:3-4
"Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit. Rather, in humility value others above yourselves, not looking to your own interests but each of you to the interests of the other"

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Philippians+2%3A3-4&version=NIV
0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Tue 29 Dec, 2020 09:09 pm
Romans 13

Submission to Governing Authorities

13 Let everyone be subject to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God. 2 Consequently, whoever rebels against the authority is rebelling against what God has instituted, and those who do so will bring judgment on themselves. 3 For rulers hold no terror for those who do right, but for those who do wrong. Do you want to be free from fear of the one in authority? Then do what is right and you will be commended. 4 For the one in authority is God’s servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for rulers do not bear the sword for no reason. They are God’s servants, agents of wrath to bring punishment on the wrongdoer. 5 Therefore, it is necessary to submit to the authorities, not only because of possible punishment but also as a matter of conscience.

6 This is also why you pay taxes, for the authorities are God’s servants, who give their full time to governing. 7 Give to everyone what you owe them: If you owe taxes, pay taxes; if revenue, then revenue; if respect, then respect; if honor, then honor.
0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Tue 29 Dec, 2020 09:14 pm
Matthew 25:31-46

The Sheep and the Goats

31 “When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, he will sit on his glorious throne. 32 All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate the people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. 33 He will put the sheep on his right and the goats on his left.

34 “Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. 35 For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36 I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’

37 “Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38 When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39 When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’

40 “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’

41 “Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. 42 For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, 43 I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.’

44 “They also will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?’

45 “He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.’

46 “Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life.”
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Tue 29 Dec, 2020 09:24 pm
1 Peter 3

Quote:
1 Wives, in the same way submit yourselves to your own husbands so that, if any of them do not believe the word, they may be won over without words by the behavior of their wives, 2 when they see the purity and reverence of your lives.

3 Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as elaborate hairstyles and the wearing of gold jewelry or fine clothes. 4 Rather, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God’s sight.

5 For this is the way the holy women of the past who put their hope in God used to adorn themselves. They submitted themselves to their own husbands, 6 like Sarah, who obeyed Abraham and called him her lord. You are her daughters if you do what is right and do not give way to fear.

7 Husbands, in the same way be considerate as you live with your wives, and treat them with respect as the weaker partner and as heirs with you of the gracious gift of life, so that nothing will hinder your prayers.
0 Replies

Dr Sliptinschit

Reply Tue 29 Dec, 2020 09:25 pm
@Real Music,
If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death.

I guess liberal, progressive men are screwed!
Real Music

Reply Tue 29 Dec, 2020 09:27 pm
Proverbs 14:31

31 Whoever oppresses the poor shows contempt for their Maker, but whoever is kind to the needy honors God.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Tue 29 Dec, 2020 09:47 pm
@Dr Sliptinschit,
I think it is rather interesting that the Bible doesn't support either liberals or conservatives. On the other hand, what do you expect from a document written over thousands of years ago.

1) The Bible is unquestionably homophobic (which conservatives like and liberals don't).

2) The Bible is unquestionably in favor of mercy for the poor and amnesty for illegal immigrants. (which liberals like and conservatives ignore). It is also in favor of breaking the law to help poor people.

3) The New Testament is against using violence self-defense.

4) The Bible also allows for rape, and is pro-slavery. (I don't know who likes that any more).

0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Tue 29 Dec, 2020 10:15 pm
I am curious if the real human being behind the Dr. Sliptinschit character considers himself a Christian.
Leadfoot

Reply Wed 30 Dec, 2020 10:32 am
@maxdancona,
I thought it was odd that the good Doctor thinks all liberal progressive men are gay.

Maybe I am more out of touch than I thought.

Whoops, almost forgot.

Quote:
Let there be light.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 30 Dec, 2020 11:46 am
@Real Music,
Real Music wrote:

This one tells you most of what you need to know about the god of the Bible:

"Slaves, male and female, you may indeed possess, provided you BUY them from among the neighboring nations. You may also BUY them from among the aliens who reside with you and from their children who are born and reared in your land. Such slaves YOU MAY OWN AS CHATTELS, and leave to your sons as their hereditary property, MAKING THEM PERPETUAL SLAVES. But you shall not lord it harshly over any of the Israelites, your kinsmen."

Leviticus 25:44ff
0 Replies

hightor

Reply Wed 30 Dec, 2020 12:27 pm
J0hn 11:35

"Jesus wept."

0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Mon 22 Feb, 2021 01:42 am

I am wondering why JGoldman10 hasn't responded to this thread.

chai2

Reply Mon 22 Feb, 2021 07:13 pm
@Real Music,
From there, Elisha went up to Bethel, and as he was walking up the road, a group of boys came out of the city and jeered at him, chanting, “Go up, you baldhead! Go up, you baldhead!” Then he turned around, looked at them, and called down a curse on them in the name of the LORD. Suddenly two female bears came out of the woods and mauled forty-two of the boys
maxdancona

Reply Tue 23 Feb, 2021 11:13 pm
@chai2,
chai2 wrote:

From there, Elisha went up to Bethel, and as he was walking up the road, a group of boys came out of the city and jeered at him, chanting, “Go up, you baldhead! Go up, you baldhead!” Then he turned around, looked at them, and called down a curse on them in the name of the LORD. Suddenly two female bears came out of the woods and mauled forty-two of the boys

As a balding man, this has always been one of my favorites.
0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Sat 16 Mar, 2024 11:22 am
1 Corinthians 13
New International Version (NIV)

Quote:
13 If I speak in the tongues[a] of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. 2 If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. 3 If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.

4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

8 Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. 9 For we know in part and we prophesy in part, 10 but when completeness comes, what is in part disappears. 11 When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me. 12 For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.

13 And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1%20Corinthians%2013&version=NIV
0 Replies