UK PEOPLE PLEASE READ THIS.

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2005 03:58 pm
I have posted a copy of this in the "General" Forum, but thought I'd put it here, just to cover all angles......

This is a really good idea that I have just received via email, particularly in light of last week's atrocities in London.

Here in the UK, the East Anglian Ambulance Service has launched a national "In case of Emergency (ICE)" campaign with the support of Falkland's war hero Simon Weston and in association with Vodafone's annual life savers award.
The idea is that you store the word " I C E " in your mobile phone address book, and against it enter the number of the person you would want to be contacted "In Case of Emergency".

In an emergency situation, ambulance and hospital staff will then be able to quickly find out who your next of kin are and be able to contact them.

It's so simple that everyone can do it, and yet it really could save your life.
For more than one contact name ICE1, ICE2, ICE3 etc......

Any UK members reading this, can log this into their phones straight away, as it is a recognised code that all Emergency services here have been made aware of in the past week.

The next bit for the UK members, is to email their entire address list with these details, and ask them to do the same, and so on......

Pretty soon, everyone will be aware, and will have entered their I.C.E.

However, any USA members who think that they could take this idea (oops, sudden thought....it may be a USA idea that has come over here...if so, ignore the next bit) forward over there, and get it recognised as a national emergency code, please have a go, as it could really speed things up when someone has been injured.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 914 • Replies: 2
No top replies

material girl

Reply Tue 9 Aug, 2005 09:32 am
I heard this was a sick joke and would end as a phone virus.
0 Replies

kashka

Reply Thu 19 Jan, 2006 04:15 am
it is not a sick joke, it is a genuine campaign. makes sense in light of what has happened.
0 Replies