Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2005 12:43 am
I think this should really go in the Art section, but I could not make up my mind.

1/6/2005
Bill Gates Buys Booger Sculpture

LONDON - Billionaire Bill Gates purchased a sculpture made of dried human mucous for $2.5-million today at the Chartreuse Auction House in London.

The creator of the booger sculpture was only asking $20,000, but Gate's keen interest in the item started a bidding war with other wealthy nerds.

As the auction concluded, the buzz was that Gates was buying the sculpture to prevent less financially successful nerds from eating it. This accusation turned out to be false.

Andrea Messdos, a spokeswoman for Gates, said the sculpture would be placed in a "shrine to nerdom" which Gates personally maintains at his home in Redmond, Washington.

"Mr. Gates, as nerds often are, was teased as a child for picking his nose at school and in church," Messdos said. "He believes the purchase of this beautiful peace of art shows bullies around the world, once and for all, that picking your nose can have good consequences."

Ewwwwwwwwww
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 726 • Replies: 1
No top replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2005 03:14 am
Ewwwwwwww...indeed! He now has to pick a spot for it to be displayed.

Rich, daft booger.
0 Replies