THEY** ARE NOT AFRAID OF TRUMP

Reply Sat 14 Nov, 2020 03:17 am
I think Frank started this thread, but it has been closed. I don't know why, anybody have a guess???

farmerman

Reply Sat 14 Nov, 2020 04:36 am
@glitterbag,
Id say that the military leadership of this country fears little of Trump.
0 Replies

hightor

Reply Sat 14 Nov, 2020 04:38 am
@glitterbag,
My guess is that it turned into a proverbial **** show, which seems to be the right-wing tactic of choice for shutting down any discussion on A2K these days.
izzythepush

Reply Sat 14 Nov, 2020 04:54 am
Once more the stupidest person on A2K claimed to be the smartest person on A2K, and there’s only so much bullshit people can take.
farmerman

Reply Sat 14 Nov, 2020 05:12 am
@izzythepush,
what;d he do now??? Im gonna have that boy cut all the neighbors lawns and then limit his gaming to 6 hours a day.
oralloy

Reply Sat 14 Nov, 2020 09:08 am
@farmerman,
As usual I was defending myself from your lies and false accusations.

You have no power to do anything of the sort. Although, I doubt that I spend that much time playing WOW every day.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sat 14 Nov, 2020 09:09 am
@hightor,
hightor wrote:
My guess is that it turned into a proverbial **** show, which seems to be the right-wing tactic of choice for shutting down any discussion on A2K these days.

Hardly. When conservatives defend ourselves from progressive lies, the point is not to shut down discussion. The point is to defend ourselves from vicious lies.

If progressives shut down their own discussions by diverting their own threads into pointless name-calling, there's quite a bit of poetic justice in that, but it's nothing to do with conservative tactics.

What a2k needs is a section with much stricter moderation. If progressive name-calling was always removed, there would never be a need for people to defend themselves against progressive name-calling.

I know that's nothing that any of us here can make happen. It would be up to Robert to implement such a change. But it is still the way to solve the problem of progressives wrecking threads over and over again.
oralloy

Reply Sat 14 Nov, 2020 09:10 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
Once more the stupidest person on A2K claimed to be the smartest person on A2K, and there’s only so much bullshit people can take.

Actually you're the one with the low IQ here. You shouldn't run around falsely accusing your betters of your own lack of intelligence.
0 Replies

hightor

Reply Sat 14 Nov, 2020 09:48 am
@oralloy,
Quote:
What a2k needs is a section with much stricter moderation.

What A2K needs is for more people to resist being baited — on either side. As I posted the other day:
Quote:
There's no real political discussion when neither side accepts the factual foundation of their opponent's argument. There's only fighting and name-calling. And this is the only reason a lot of people show up on message boards like this one — simply to insult people who don't share their political beliefs.

There are conflicting narratives on each side based on certain "facts" that the respective sides accept. And if the facts can't be verified, because they're inconvenient, the cited source is distrusted, or the member posting them is considered unreliable, there's really no sense in continuing the discussion.
oralloy

Reply Sat 14 Nov, 2020 09:58 am
@hightor,
I think I suggested stronger moderation in reply to your post there as well.

If you replied to my response I probably haven't seen your reply yet. a2k is posting at a greater volume right now than I have time to devote to reading and replying.

I do plan to catch up, but I'll be catching up slowly, and thread-by-thread as I get time (and probably the shorter threads first).

I think that when there is a disagreement about facts, the best way forward is to look into the matter and see what the truth is. I don't think there is any such thing as a fact that can't be verified.
hightor

Reply Sat 14 Nov, 2020 10:04 am
@oralloy,
You did reply:

Quote:
Except, it's actually progressives who rely on fictional realities.

Which illustrates my point.
oralloy

Reply Mon 16 Nov, 2020 09:21 pm
@hightor,
I agree that talking with progressives is frequently pointless.

This is why I sometimes suggest placing progressives in China-style labor camps.
0 Replies