How much Damage will Trump do? And When will Republicans stand up to him.

oralloy

Reply Sun 15 Nov, 2020 10:15 am
I raised this issue in a different thread, but I think it is appropriate here.

Mr. Trump should have the ICBM launch codes reset on the missiles so that the US Air Force has direct control over them and can launch them on their own if they so choose without bothering to consult with Mr. Biden.

I don't trust Mr. Biden to defend our nation in a nuclear war. The US Air Force should be given the ability to disregard Mr. Biden and fight a nuclear war without him.
maxdancona

Reply Sun 15 Nov, 2020 10:18 am
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

I raised this issue in a different thread, but I think it is appropriate here.

Mr. Trump should have the ICBM launch codes reset on the missiles so that the US Air Force has direct control over them and can launch them on their own if they so choose without bothering to consult with Mr. Biden.

I don't trust Mr. Biden to defend our nation in a nuclear war. The US Air Force should be given the ability to disregard Mr. Biden and fight a nuclear war without him.

Do you have trouble understanding democracy? Or do you just not believe in it?
oralloy

Reply Sun 15 Nov, 2020 10:23 am
@maxdancona,
I do understand and believe in democracy. But that's a separate issue from what I was talking about here.

What I am suggesting is that the Air Force be in control of their own launch codes so they can launch their ICBMs without the permission of the president.

This was done during the Cold War, so there is precedent for it. We didn't want to lose our ICBMs in a preemptive strike while the President hesitated to launch in case it was a false alarm, so the Air Force secretly gave themselves the ability to launch their ICBMs without the president's permission.

I merely suggest that Mr. Trump covertly restore the nation's ICBMs to their Cold War posture so that the Air Force can disregard Mr. Biden and act on their own during a nuclear war.

Really, does anyone trust Mr. Biden to launch the ICBMs if he finds himself in a nuclear war? I sure don't.
oralloy

Reply Sun 15 Nov, 2020 10:28 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:
After the results of the 2016 election where announced in the media, there is not a single progressive I know who had any doubt that Trump would be inaugurated. There is not a single person I know who said that he shouldn't be inaugurated.

Progressives have just spent the last four years attacking and undermining Mr. Trump at every turn.

Turnabout is fair play.

maxdancona wrote:
you could argue in 2000 was similar

I do in fact.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Sun 15 Nov, 2020 10:31 am
@oralloy,
I realize that your IQ is only 170... you might have trouble understanding democracy. This is basically covered in third grade.

A key part of democracy is civilian control over the military. In our democracy, the president of the United States is the "command in chief" of the military. The word "commander" means that he has control over the military. They work for him.

What you are suggesting is that President Biden would no longer have control over the military.

The fact is that 78 millions Americans voted for Joe Biden to be commander in chief. So yes, that means that we trust Joe Biden with the ICBMs.
oralloy

Reply Sun 15 Nov, 2020 10:36 am
@maxdancona,
I don't trust him to launch the ICBMs. I favor giving the Air Force the ability to disregard Mr. Biden and fight a nuclear war on their own.

This should be done secretly. He doesn't need to know about it unless the Air Force actually chooses to launch.

We did this during the Cold War. The Air Force secretly had the ability to launch the ICBMs without the permission of the President just in case he hesitated and refused to launch in the face of an incoming attack in case it was a false alarm.

Our democracy functioned just fine during the Cold War.
maxdancona

Reply Sun 15 Nov, 2020 10:45 am
@oralloy,
Quote:
The Air Force secretly had the ability to launch the ICBMs without the permission of the President just in case he hesitated and refused to launch in the face of an incoming attack in case it was a false alarm.

Could you provide a link for this?
oralloy

Reply Sun 15 Nov, 2020 10:48 am
@maxdancona,
Link: https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2013/12/launch-code-for-us-nukes-was-00000000-for-20-years/

The President's nuclear codes were still useful for ensuring that a launch order from the President was valid (had such an order been given).

The President's codes just weren't necessary to launch the ICBMs.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sun 22 Nov, 2020 07:08 pm
Quote:
Trump Exits Open Skies Treaty, Moves to Discard Observation Planes
Quote:
Without specialized aircraft and equipment, Biden administration would have difficult time re-entering post-Cold War pact

https://www.wsj.com/articles/trump-exits-open-skies-treaty-moves-to-discard-observation-planes-11606055371

Mr. Trump should make sure to chop the wings off those planes so they are good and scrapped.
glitterbag

Reply Mon 23 Nov, 2020 09:17 pm
@oralloy,
What do you think Putin should do with the Long Range Bombers TU-95 Bears that fly fully armed thru the US and our European Allies airspace?. Do you have any idea how long they can fly before needing to be refueled? Go ahead, google it, I'll wait.
oralloy

Reply Mon 23 Nov, 2020 10:47 pm
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:
What do you think Putin should do with the Long Range Bombers TU-95 Bears that fly fully armed thru the US and our European Allies airspace?.

I have no opinion. That's his business.

glitterbag wrote:
Do you have any idea how long they can fly before needing to be refueled?

No. Although I do know that long-range heavy bombers have a pretty long reach.

glitterbag wrote:
Go ahead, google it, I'll wait.

No. You can look it up yourself if you really want to know.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/20/2024 at 05:33:14