Break music search ('80s)

KaJe

Reply Tue 10 Nov, 2020 11:10 am
Could you tell me whose song is this one and how it can be found, besides this thing? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Et5_wOXXFlY

View best answer, chosen by KaJe
Ragman

Reply Tue 10 Nov, 2020 11:48 am
@KaJe,
There’s no one here that has the answer you’re seeking. Repeating the requests will not give you any answers, either.
KaJe

Reply Tue 10 Nov, 2020 12:20 pm
@Ragman,
That is the first time I ask this as an own topic. The other day I've asked this in a topic of Real Music. But the last person wrote there months before me, so I thought it was seen by very few people. Yes, then you was one of those people, but I don't think that you are everybody.
Ragman

Reply Tue 10 Nov, 2020 12:21 pm
@KaJe,
Rolling Eyes
KaJe

Reply Tue 10 Nov, 2020 12:27 pm
@Ragman,
Is it an apology? Then ok, no problem.
Ragman

Reply Tue 10 Nov, 2020 12:35 pm
@KaJe,
No, it’s not an apology. It’s an emoji for Eye roll. You’re quite annoying as you don’t grasp that you’ll no find the answer here.
nimh

Reply Tue 10 Nov, 2020 01:34 pm
@KaJe,
Oh that is priceless! Late communist-era Hungarian TV had a breakdance group competing in a talent contest? That's very cool.

As for the song, I recognize that they use Gil Scott-Heron's The Bottle a couple of times, but I suppose it's a lot harder to find out who made the whole mix. Maybe it was the Harlem Company, apparently a trendsetting Hungarian breakdance outfit at the time, themselves? Unlikely, though..
nimh
  Selected Answer

Reply Tue 10 Nov, 2020 01:47 pm
@nimh,
FOUND IT

I went through the WhoSampled.com listing of samples and covers of Gil Scott-Heron's The Bottle, and presto: the very last link I was going to try before giving up turned out to be the right one :-)

In The Bottle, by C.O.D., from 1983

KaJe

Reply Tue 10 Nov, 2020 02:14 pm
@nimh,
Oh, yes! I found only the original Gill Scott-Heron's song, on the basis of the lyrics. But the music was very different. But it's really that one! It was a great job! Thanks very much!!!
oralloy

Reply Tue 10 Nov, 2020 07:47 pm
@KaJe,
Don't forget to award nimh's post with the "correct answer" ribbon.
nimh

Reply Tue 10 Nov, 2020 09:09 pm
@KaJe,
No problem, this was fun! I lived in Hungary for years and first visited the country as tourist in 1988, so it was fun to see that video — and I gotta say, a Hungarian 80s breakdance video was the last thing I expected to find on Able2Know Very Happy
KaJe

Reply Wed 11 Nov, 2020 01:13 am
@oralloy,
Thanks, you're right, I haven't know anything about that ribbon, and even now I don't know. Where is that ribbon, please?
oralloy

Reply Wed 11 Nov, 2020 01:55 am
@KaJe,
You should have a button that says "select answer".

That awards the ribbon for the correct answer.
KaJe

Reply Wed 11 Nov, 2020 07:25 am
@oralloy,
Thank you!
0 Replies

KaJe

Reply Wed 11 Nov, 2020 10:12 am
@nimh,
Hello! Thanks to Oralloy, I was able to give you the ribbon. Sorry for not knowing about it before. Yes, and I'm a Hungarian. A few years ago the talent show series was going in rerun in one of our tv channels. So that is how I've seen this. It was such a great music that I searched the same production on Youtube, hoping that I would find whose song it is, but I failed in it, till this time. By the way, before you mentioned your being in Hungary, I had gone to your page, where your location is written as Hungary. So I thought maybe you too are a Hungarian, and I was almost about to write something in Hungarian. By the way, do you speak Hungarian? Anyway, if you would like to know anything happening in my country, I'll reply (in private message) gladly.
0 Replies

KaJe

Reply Wed 11 Nov, 2020 11:12 am
@Ragman,
And what are you saying now, Ragman?
0 Replies