No top replies

maxdancona

Reply Fri 6 Nov, 2020 12:05 pm
@tsarstepan,
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Fri 6 Nov, 2020 12:32 pm
@tsarstepan,
They’re very nice. I stopped off at M&S on the way back from Hayling Island on Wednesday. It’s not just the Christmas ones that are called that. I got a box of assorted ones too.

I really didn’t think that much about it.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Fri 6 Nov, 2020 12:44 pm
@tsarstepan,
A yum yum is a type of glazed doughnut. It’s hard to see how a hybrid could exist unless it’s the shape. Yum yum s are usually square or rectangular, not circular.

It’s M&S trying to be cheeky, make little kids laugh. M&S is a prestige brand that has been losing customers in fashion. It’s increasingly being associated with old people, and they certainly do dominate.

The food however is of a very high standard, always been held in high regard. I stop off for food but I don’t bother with clothes. Their cheese scones are really good.
tsarstepan

Reply Fri 6 Nov, 2020 05:15 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

A yum yum is a type of glazed doughnut. It’s hard to see how a hybrid could exist unless it’s the shape. Yum yum s are usually square or rectangular, not circular.

I'm pretty sure a Yumnut is just a rebranded cronut (a name that also has been trademarked): croissant/donut hybrid invented by a NYC pastry chef.
izzythepush

Reply Fri 6 Nov, 2020 05:17 pm
@tsarstepan,
There’s not much croissanty about them.

It’s a hybrid between a yum yum and a doughnut. That’s what it says on the box, and that’s what they taste like.
tsarstepan

Reply Fri 6 Nov, 2020 05:19 pm
@izzythepush,
With how they're described, they read what a cronut was several years ago.

And WTH is a Yum Yum then?
izzythepush

Reply Fri 6 Nov, 2020 05:28 pm
@tsarstepan,
It’s a type of glazed doughnut.

I did say, they’re usually square or rectangular, and sometimes flavoured, apple or toffee.

They keep longer than ordinary doughnuts.

0 Replies