Woman wages secret hate campaign against 6 year old child

Reply Sun 10 Jul, 2005 11:06 am
Woman who framed child is jailed

A mother has been jailed for running an 18-month hate campaign against a friend's six-year-old daughter.
Kathryn Skinner, 40, from Whipton, Exeter, was jailed for three years for deliberately getting her into trouble at home and school.

Exeter Crown Court heard she stole money and even spiked drinks with anti-depressants at children's parties and blamed it on the child.

Judge Graham Cottle told her the story of the case "almost defies belief".

Yours were the actions of a warped and twisted mind

Judge Graham Cottle

The young victim was left traumatised and bewildered after being punished for offences she had not committed.

Skinner even faked letters which appeared to come from the girl which accused her parents of mistreating her and claimed she was being sexually abused.

She drew obscene drawings on walls at school which the girl was blamed for and smuggled a note into the school toilets which appeared to have been written by the girl and called her head teacher a bitch

She slashed every curtain and 100 different items of clothing in the girl's home and even sabotaged electrical appliances with knives.

I don't believe I have previously dealt with any case which matches this for pure wickedness

Judge Graham Cottle

Skinner caused £2,000 worth of damage and then planted razor blades in the victim's room to ensure she was accused of the vandalism.

When she protested her innocence she was branded a liar and she became so confused she ended up admitting things which she was completely innocent of.

The girl, now eight, was repeatedly punished at home including a smacking and suspended from school for almost six months.

At one point she was smacked and kept her in her room for nine days as punishment after her father's passport was slashed when he was about to go on holiday.

Skinner admitted causing the girl actual bodily harm through the mental torment she suffered.

She also admitted stealing £60 from her mother and £170 from another woman.

'Twisted mind'

Judge Cottle told her: "The story of this case almost defies belief. Your conduct can only be described as wicked. I don't believe I have previously dealt with any case which matches this for pure wickedness.

"Yours were the actions of a warped and twisted mind. This poor child was repeatedly blamed for your actions and the strain which was put on her and her family was enormous."

Mr Sean Brunton, prosecuting, said Skinner was unable to tell police why she had targeted the child.

The defence said that said although Skinner was aware of the consequences of what she was doing, she never intended what had happened to the girl.

SOURCE
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,358 • Replies: 19
No top replies

Chai

Reply Sun 10 Jul, 2005 11:15 am
I'm speechless
0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Sun 10 Jul, 2005 11:18 am
Imagine walking in the shoes of that poor child. Being repeatedly FRAMED and forced to admit "crimes" she never committed in order to alleviate the punishment. How on earth did they ever figure out that the child was an innocent victim of this adult's madness? I bet the child grows up being more than a little paranoid.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sun 10 Jul, 2005 12:12 pm
I think Ms. Skinner should have a psychiatric exam. Yes, making a child a scapegoat is "evil"--it is also the sign of a disturbed personality.

Still, whether her actions were prompted by the devil or by her own unhealthy needs, Ms. Skinner should not have contact with children.

The Skinner children may also need some help.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 10 Jul, 2005 12:17 pm
I've seen people have it in for kids before, but not on this scale. The woman needs a whole team of psychiatrists working on her while she's away.
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Sun 10 Jul, 2005 12:37 pm
Jeez, what kind of warped mind goes to that sort of trouble to create problems for a 6 yeal-old kid??? Yikes!
0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Sun 10 Jul, 2005 03:39 pm
Noddy24 wrote:
I think Ms. Skinner should have a psychiatric exam. Yes, making a child a scapegoat is "evil"--it is also the sign of a disturbed personality.

Still, whether her actions were prompted by the devil or by her own unhealthy needs, Ms. Skinner should not have contact with children.

The Skinner children may also need some help.

Ironic. Skinner is the name of a renowned behavior scientist who conducted experimental work in comparative psychology building on the conditioned response theories of Ivan Pavlov.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 10 Jul, 2005 05:45 pm
Yes, and B. F. Skinner was a nut-case who extrapolated from pidgeons given electric shock and bird seed to humans in their considerably more complex environment.
0 Replies

KiwiChic

Reply Sun 10 Jul, 2005 05:52 pm
....and top of all that shes a mother herself???????
shes a flamin psycho!
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Sun 10 Jul, 2005 06:43 pm
It would be interesting to hear her rationalization for her behavior. I suspect there is envy, envy of that child compared to her own, involved. I also suspect that she was amusing herself as well.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 10 Jul, 2005 07:25 pm
Sounds very Texas-cheerleader-mother.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sun 10 Jul, 2005 07:39 pm
InfraBlue--

Her defense lawyer said that she couldn't explain why she did it. I suspect that the maligned child was her sister/neighbor/mother/nemensis.

Ms. Skinner certainly put a great deal of energy into tormenting a child for two years. She cannot be absolved or forgiven for choosing to inflict great pain on child no matter what her tormented rationale demanded.

ehBeth--

I thought about Texas Cheerleader mothers. In this case it is though the mother avenged her own "daughter's" wrongs.

Right now I'm dealing with a number of flawed kin folk from Mr. Noddy's side of the family and I could wish that "Let it all hang out" had never reached the sanctified status of folk medicine.

A plague on everyone's house!
0 Replies

Lady J

Reply Sun 10 Jul, 2005 09:07 pm
Incredible....
Sadly, pathetically incredible.

3 years is all she got? For a lifetime of trauma, confusion, mistrust and therapy that the little girl probably gets?

I'm having a tough day today...and when I have a tough day, vigilante justice always sounds so good. Until my rational side kicks in again. Sad
0 Replies

dupre

Reply Sun 10 Jul, 2005 09:17 pm
What a nightmare.

Poor baby.

I'm mortified to hear this.
0 Replies

Sanctuary

Reply Mon 11 Jul, 2005 07:53 am
That's horrible.

But EhBeth and Noddy, I am curious about this Texas Cheerleader Mothers case? Can you give me a brief run-down on what that was about?
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Mon 11 Jul, 2005 12:14 pm
Sanctuary--

Once upon a time there were two girls who aspired to be members of a Texas High School cheerleading squad.

Now in Texas, high school sports and high school cheerleading are a Big Deal--a very Big Deal.

The mother of one of the aspiring cheerleaders wanted to improve her daughter's chances of making the squad and decided to kill the other girl.

Quote:
In 1991, a Mrs. Wanda Halloway was imprisoned for six months for plotting to kill Verna Heath, a prospective cheerleader, in an attempt to clear a spot for her own daughter on the cheerleading squad. This sordid tale has recently been adapted into a made-for-TV-movie. The young girls were beginners, a mere 13 years old, but already young Holloway's mother was taking action to revenge her own failed dreams. By God, if she couldn't look cute in a mini-skirt, her daughter would! Juror Tim Evans claimed that Mrs. Holloway's hatred was "venomous."

http://snipurl.com/g6g5

Mother love!
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Wed 13 Jul, 2005 06:56 am
I'd go boiled bunny on her ass.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Wed 13 Jul, 2005 07:16 am
Hey, this woman was nuts, but...

Who among us would have believed our 6 year old to be capable of these things and punished her?

My children at 6 couldn't spell bitch, and although they may have heard it on the bus from an older kid, they wouldn't have used it.

My children at 6 wouldn't have had access to razors.

My kids at 6 wouldn't have had an opportunity to slash Dads passport.

I'm pretty sure I would have noticed my chilren, at 6, slashing draperies, clothing and appliances.

My kids at 6 certainly wouldn't have had an opportunity to vandalize a school with pictures on walls or hateful messages.

See? Who here would have had their 6 year old out of sight and mind long enough for all of this to happen? What were the parents doing with this 6 year old that would have allowed them to believe this evil woman over their own child?
0 Replies

Sanctuary

Reply Wed 13 Jul, 2005 02:06 pm
Thanks for the info, Noddy Surprised
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Wed 13 Jul, 2005 03:20 pm
Squinney--

Good points.

All I can think is that the lunatic and her six-year-old victim were somehow related and living under the same roof--and even so.
0 Replies