COVID-19 Best Case Scenario

Reply Mon 28 Sep, 2020 09:08 pm
There has been a lot of blame Trump for COVID and I just now read on here how it is Trump's fault that 200,000 Americans have died due to his response... So, what was the optimal response?

No cheating and looking at what we knew when. Take us through the Calendar, starting last November and go through what should have been done and when.

This way, the next time something like this happens, and it will, we can look at this thread as a roadmap of what should happen and when...
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 1,568 • Replies: 36

McGentrix

Reply Mon 28 Sep, 2020 09:20 pm
Also, didn't we have a big discussion on where the term COVID-19 came from? I think someone said that it was named for the year it was discovered and others bashed those people to death with some other reason?

I knew I had read this somewhere, and that somewhere was the CDC

Identifying the source of the outbreak
Quote:
The novel (new) coronavirus that first appeared in China had never been seen before, so it quickly gained the attention of scientists around the world.

Epidemiologists did field investigations to find out how the new virus started. They conducted surveys in the community and in health facilities and collected nose and throat specimens for lab analyses. These investigations showed them who was infected, when they became sick, and where they had been just before they got sick.

Using this information, epidemiologists determined that the virus possibly came from an animal sold at a market. The new virus was found to be a coronavirus, and coronaviruses cause a severe acute respiratory syndrome. This new coronavirus is similar to SARS-CoV, so it was named SARS-CoV-2 The disease caused by the virus was named COVID-19 (COronVIrusDisease-2019) to show that it was discovered in 2019.

An outbreak is called an epidemic when there is a sudden increase in cases. As COVID-19 began spreading in Wuhan, China, it became an epidemic. Because the disease then spread across several countries and affected a large number of people, it was classified as a pandemic.
McGentrix

Reply Mon 28 Sep, 2020 09:26 pm
Here is a timeline we can probably all agree on.

https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/interactive-timeline#!
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Mon 28 Sep, 2020 10:03 pm
Trump had been forewarned. He was informed of the coming health crisis. He went silent on the matter. Was that wise? The jury is still out. To a degree I do understand his initial reasoning; however, once the bodies started stacking up, he, as President, had a responsibility to take charge.

If he had been honest about what might happen, if he had encouraged both social distancing and glove and mask wearing, the death toll likely would have been lower.

He knew there was a high level risk early on. Part of that was evidenced by not allowing passengers on cruise ships to disembark.

Further, he could see that things were getting worse. Much worse. Even some of his new fellow Floridians were dying horrid deaths. Some were even wealthy Republicans.

Obviously, there is no way to know with certainty what things would be like, how it all would have gone had he been honest and proactive with the people. It does though make one womder, when soon after his political gatherings, people began landing in hospitals and often emerging in body bags.
glitterbag

Reply Mon 28 Sep, 2020 10:32 pm
@Sturgis,
Stop trying to cheer me up.
Sturgis

Reply Mon 28 Sep, 2020 10:34 pm
@glitterbag,
Now why would I do that?

Or maybe not do that?

Are we all confused yet?
glitterbag

Reply Mon 28 Sep, 2020 10:36 pm
@Sturgis,
sighhhhh
Sturgis

Reply Mon 28 Sep, 2020 10:44 pm
@glitterbag,
Cheer up, October is less likely to have a heavy snowfall before it starts....

....I need to give up on creating quotes....
glitterbag

Reply Mon 28 Sep, 2020 10:49 pm
@Sturgis,
Mr. G'bag and I got our ballots today. hehehehehehehehehehehe
Sturgis

Reply Mon 28 Sep, 2020 10:55 pm
@glitterbag,
Check them carefully....

Deliver them in person of you or a trustworthy friend of family member can.

glitterbag

Reply Mon 28 Sep, 2020 11:03 pm
@Sturgis,
We want to deliver them to a collection center.......right now, it's Annapolis High School which is close, but I honestly worry about security. I hate that I'm so paranoid about the safety of our ballots. I've never ever thought that my vote or anyone elses vote would not be counted. This is outrageous.
Sturgis

Reply Mon 28 Sep, 2020 11:07 pm
@glitterbag,
Nobody expected the present voting nightmare scenario. I dread the entire month of November.

(I may be in a horror induced coma by December)
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 28 Sep, 2020 11:07 pm
@McGentrix,
just like WD-40. 19 has always been explicit. Whose getting pummeled?
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 28 Sep, 2020 11:10 pm
@glitterbag,
make sure youve got your ballots in their :Hidey hole: nvelope, so that they can be read. Otherwise they will be voided.
Here in Pa the offices of election are setting out rules of ubmitting your vot if using the "mail-in option"
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Mon 28 Sep, 2020 11:18 pm
@Sturgis,
Somehow, I've worn a mask and washed my hands regularly since March when my place closed up for awhile.

I did not need the President to go on TV and tell me that. It was all over the media. Who, amongst you, would have listened to or believed what Trump said on TV anyways? At that point, everyone had seen what was happening in Asia and Europe.

So, one thing is that the President should be open and honest with the American people about the seriousness of what could possibly happen.

Where on the timeline does that become necessary?
glitterbag

Reply Mon 28 Sep, 2020 11:22 pm
@McGentrix,
And yet, he won't do it. He's very easily bored and prefers fun things. Like teenagers.....
McGentrix

Reply Mon 28 Sep, 2020 11:24 pm
@glitterbag,
Biden? This is for next time it happens. You think that whoever the President is they will be more interested in teenagers?

That doesn't make sense.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Mon 28 Sep, 2020 11:28 pm
@McGentrix,
He should have done it at the start. Of course there would have been people who would not have believed, or listened, or followed requests or orders. People in 1918-19 balked at having to do certain things.

Trump dismissed any and all advice from the medical field, including his advisors and topped it off by claiming all was well.
McGentrix

Reply Mon 28 Sep, 2020 11:36 pm
@Sturgis,
But what happens when the advice contradicts itself? When does The President announce something?

For example... Dr. Fauci, an expert, said that people should not wear masks in May. Does the President then, listening to experts, announce that no one should wear masks?

Dr. Fauci then reversed his decision in July and said people should wear masks. Does the President then announce that everyone should wear masks?

Does the President make it a Federal law (which he really can't do as Congress makes laws) or should he leave it to states (in my opinion this would be the right course) how decisions are made?
hightor

Reply Tue 29 Sep, 2020 05:25 am
@McGentrix,
Quote:

For example... Dr. Fauci, an expert, said that people should not wear masks in May.

No, it was in early March when there was a severe shortage of KN95 masks. The CDC recommended we wear face coverings in April when asymptomatic infection became widely known.

I think a national response was called for. I believe that the response should have been directed by doctors and scientists through the CDC. I really think that Trump downplayed the danger, undercut his own experts, and worked to politicize the situation, thinking he could get a hand on it before it got too bad. The entire covid experience would have been different if he hadn't started on the Me vs. the Deep State, "you're always picking on me", red states versus blue states, blame it on Obama crap. But his psychopathology drives him to exploit every possible chance to cause division and provoke anger and resentment.

1. Forums
  2. » COVID-19 Best Case Scenario
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 07/27/2024 at 01:33:08