Last mortgage payment!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reyn

Reply Sat 9 Jul, 2005 08:57 am
Yippee, my wife and I have confirmed that we made the last mortgage payment on our townhouse yesterday and we actually are the sole owners of the unit!!

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Whatever will we do with that extra money we have left over every month now?

And, I'm headed for pre-retirement leave in 6 months now! Very Happy
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,153 • Replies: 38
No top replies

sozobe

Reply Sat 9 Jul, 2005 08:58 am
Exciting!
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Sat 9 Jul, 2005 09:10 am
Wonderful prospects, Reyn!
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sat 9 Jul, 2005 09:16 am
Hold your dominion.
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Sat 9 Jul, 2005 09:39 am
i need to borrow like 20 bucks...is that possible?
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sat 9 Jul, 2005 09:40 am
Thanks guys! Not too bad for having bought this place back in November 1992.

We went on a bit of a buying spree last year. New furnace, laminate flooring for kitchen, carpet for living room, some new light fixtures, new toilets.

And, not to be forgotten, a nice fairly large extra mortgage payment which helped to speed things up, I'm sure! Laughing
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sat 9 Jul, 2005 09:41 am
Seed wrote:
i need to borrow like 20 bucks...is that possible?

Hey, do I look like a bank? Laughing

Actually, we just bought some investments at our bank, so that's the next step, I guess.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sat 9 Jul, 2005 09:46 am
Invest, invest, invest. Since you were spending the money before, you won't miss it, and you can salt away a nice bundle to use when you do retire!
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sat 9 Jul, 2005 09:51 am
Yup! Considering rolling GIC's. As I mentioned before, we just took out a rather large one. Kind of like the idea of having investments mature every 6 months, so interest comes in on a regular basis. :wink:
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sat 9 Jul, 2005 09:52 am
Reyn, what is "pre-retirement leave"?

The concept escapes me.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Sat 9 Jul, 2005 09:58 am
might be like early retirement
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sat 9 Jul, 2005 09:59 am
Hi Eva! Pre-retirement leave is a combination of banked annual vacation, current vacation, and "reduced work week leave" days that I have available to push ahead to reduce the time I can leave my job permanently!

Officially, I retire 1 May 2006, but with various accumulated leave, I can say "bye, bye" at the end of this year.....if current contract negotiations don't screw that up, that is.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sat 9 Jul, 2005 10:00 am
Congratulations Reyn!!
One payment less from now on Wink
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sat 9 Jul, 2005 10:45 am
Reyn wrote:
Hi Eva! Pre-retirement leave is a combination of banked annual vacation, current vacation, and "reduced work week leave" days that I have available to push ahead to reduce the time I can leave my job permanently!

Officially, I retire 1 May 2006, but with various accumulated leave, I can say "bye, bye" at the end of this year.....if current contract negotiations don't screw that up, that is.

Oh, that's interesting! No such thing as banked annual vacation here. It's strictly "use it or lose it" for us. So we use every single day of it.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sat 9 Jul, 2005 12:10 pm
CalamityJane wrote:
Congratulations Reyn!!
One payment less from now on Wink

I look at it that I'm saving $700 each month!
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sat 9 Jul, 2005 12:19 pm
Eva wrote:
Oh, that's interesting! No such thing as banked annual vacation here. It's strictly "use it or lose it" for us. So we use every single day of it.

That's one advantage to belonging to a union. Although, the "current company" is trying to change that, like you say above, through the labor contract negotiations that are underway right now.

What's happened is that the "old company" that I used to work for was a crown (public) company. The government here privatised the customer service portion of said company, thereby moving about 1/3 of the employees to the private sector. Unfortunately, as a meter reader I was part of that move.

The new, private company now is trying to negotiate some very radical changes to our collective agreement. So, I hope to get out before any strike, which appears inevitible, occurs.

Some of the changes to leave could affect my pre-retirement by a few days. Hopefully, being this close, perhaps I would be "grandfathered" in.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Sat 9 Jul, 2005 12:31 pm
Reyn
Reyn, congratulations, you paid it off very fast in only 13 years. Good for you.

It is so comforting to own your home free and clear. I cashed out my California home nearly three years ago and paid cash for my new Albuquerque home. No mortgage payments make retirement so much easier.

BBB
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sat 9 Jul, 2005 12:45 pm
Yes, agreed! What worked out in our favor was the fact that it occurred just before my retirement was to take place. This wasn't deliberately planned that way, although I had hoped that it would coincide in that manner. Icing on the cake, for sure!

Now, tonight, our 649 Lottery is up to $14 million. I can dream.....
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sat 9 Jul, 2005 08:42 pm
Having a child at 40 changes your financial plans! We figure our mortgage will be paid off at about the same time he goes to college. Then we should be able to retire about the time he graduates. If all goes as planned, we hope to avoid too many big payments at the same time. Big IF, though.

Still have about 12-15 years until retirement, so a lot could change.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sat 9 Jul, 2005 09:06 pm
Life can sure be one big 'IF', can't it? I hope your plans work out well.

<fingers crossed for Eva>
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Last mortgage payment!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 09/28/2024 at 06:22:19