Able2Know website is trying to fingerprint the users???

oralloy

Reply Fri 25 Sep, 2020 12:45 pm
@justaguy2,
justaguy2 wrote:
Now granted, while yellow cake (aka "oralloy") is quite severely mentally handicapped, so we need to make some allowances for them...

You lie about people because you aren't capable of making an intelligent argument.

justaguy2 wrote:
Now granted, they just recycle the same insults every time,

I merely tell the truth.

If you were passing familiar with the truth, you'd realize that it doesn't change from post to post.

justaguy2 wrote:
and they never seem to be able to rebut much, if anything someone else has said (like in response to my previous post in this thread)...

I tend to address the important points that I disagree with, and not address things that don't seem relevant or that I have no objection to.

Perhaps with your incompetence you aren't capable of identifying important points or things that are untrue, so you just babble your childish name-calling at whatever is in front of you.

justaguy2 wrote:
PS: And I see yellow cake has let you keep your lunch money today. Laughing

I consider BillRM an old friend. That doesn't prevent me from speaking out when I see something that is untrue (or protesting when I am falsely accused of racism), but I am certainly not going to disagree with him when he isn't wrong.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Fri 25 Sep, 2020 12:47 pm
@maxdancona,
Max it getting time to just block the man as the time it take dealing with him is not worth the effects at this point even those I do feel bad for any members of this board that might take actions base on his words.
justaguy2

Reply Fri 25 Sep, 2020 12:50 pm
@maxdancona,
So I clearly say to you "it doesn't matter to me what you believe or think", and you respond anyway. You really do think quite a lot about yourself, don't you?

maxdancona wrote:
This is very much like the Australia thread.

A thread that YOU started, talking about a country that you freely admit to know nothing about, and now you admit in addition, that you've never even been to Australia...hmmm. And you honestly wonder why people here call you a hypocrite?! Because if we are being honest (assuming you're capable of that), I'm far from the only one that's called you that (among other things).

maxdancona wrote:
If I started talking about what life is like in Australia, you quickly know that I had never been to Australia. I could probably get some of the phrases right, and I could list some cities. But as soon as I said anything, you or anyone else from Australia would know that I had never been there.

...or you just aren't a very good liar. But all sarcasm aside; I wouldn't have honestly thought that for someone who claims to be a programmer, particularly someone who has "been doing it for a long time" and is employed as one; you would not only have a far better grasp of something called "critical thinking", but also I'd think that the difference between a declared variable and a defined value would have been fairly basic for you. But clearly it wasn't, and clearly you didn't have a very good grasp of even just what should have been very basic. I was honestly shocked, and I'm not just saying that either, I truly was.

maxdancona wrote:
You can probably tell who the Australians are pretty quickly just by how they talk. They probably don't have to tell you they are from Australia... and if I claim to be from Australia, you will quickly know that I am full of crap.

Unlike you, not all of us live in some nationalistic bubble, even if you do. Every time you talk about anything here, regardless of the topic at hand you find a way to condemn one particular side and/or another poster that you don't like. You can't just discuss a topic openly and honestly without being sanctimonious asshole, and I can point to many examples of that. Believe it or not, there is a difference between being direct and being an sanctimonious asshole (like yourself).

And like I said above: I've got plenty of experience with computers, the desktop machine I'm using right now I built myself this year in fact, just like the desktop before my current desktop I built myself years ago (and it still works no problem). I haven't just used nearly every version of M$ Windows since probably before I was even a teenager, I've also used MS-DOS before that, and some time later, various Linux distributions for decades once again. So things like command-line's aren't anything new to me, and don't scare me one little bit. But again, you have no idea what experience someone has or doesn't have. In fact, the last forum I was on before A2K was in fact a Linux forum where I was answering other people's technical questions and helping them solve their problems. So it made me laugh with your "You are probably in some kind of introductory training program." comment, which clearly shows how badly you misread and misunderstand what you get told. You've even done it again with another poster, accusing hightor in your "Australia bashing/bullshit" thread of being from a different country, when in fact they clearly implied in their previous post that they are American themselves - Izzy even had to point that out to you. You talk about ignorance, when you are just as ignorant (if not more so) yourself, so there's your hypocrisy coming out yet again. None of that inspires much hope in you so-called abilities, either as a programmer (since you've kinda gotta be able to understand what you're getting told) or you as a person.

maxdancona wrote:
That is why I know that BillRM knows what he is talking about.

And I could lookup whatever myself on the internet and claim to be whatever too, that doesn't mean I am that whatever myself. I've not seen BillRM post to a lot of IT related threads here, and regardless of the topic, the guy cannot seem to put a coherent sentence together. And probably more to the point: when I was at a certain Linux forum, if we had someone asking a question like "how do I install XXXXXX driver?" it would very likely mean they didn't have a high level of skill or knowledge. So I've seen more than enough questions to be able to tell how much someone likely knows or doesn't know, and the question in this thread's very thread title is just like such a question that tends to imply the OP doesn't have a firm handle on the subject at hand. This is why I said what I said, and while I once again couldn't give a rats ass what a sanctimonious asshole like yourself thinks, I've not seen anything from the OP in any thread here that makes me believe otherwise, be that this particular subject, be that IT in general. The same as I question the extent of your own knowledge. To be clear, I'm not saying you don't know anything, but given what I said above about you, I do question how much you really do know all the same.

I also would have thought that as a programmer yourself, you'd understand the problem with making too many assumptions. And what can happen when you do, particularly if they are wrong. That's why personally, I try and base my views on what I can call facts as much as I can, rather than just assuming because someone talks a particular way or whatever other bullshit you come up with, it must mean they know little to nothing. But you seem to love yourself that much, that you sit there and make assumption after assumption.

Well again, you've proven yourself to be nothing but a sanctimonious asshole in my book, regardless of whatever your level of IT knowledge is or isn't. So I just don't have any respect for you as a person. It would be a shame to have to say that if you weren't such a sanctimonious asshole, given that on at least some subjects, I could see myself agreeing with you if it weren't for that. But enjoy ignorance, and you're lucky you even got this response out of me, don't think you'll be as lucky next time...
maxdancona

Reply Fri 25 Sep, 2020 01:10 pm
@BillRM,
The term "sandbox" is a generic term that can mean any number of things (from a Linux kernel mode to a bash command to a google Chrome feature).

Occasionally I want to play with code that I suspect is infected by a virus. Someone sent me a phishing email a while ago, and my co-workers and I wanted to see how it worked. My go to tool is a virtual machine, and I use VirtualBox for this purpose (mainly because it is the toolbox I know).

I don't generally need to do this. I would be interested in hearing what other people actually use.
BillRM

Reply Fri 25 Sep, 2020 01:20 pm
@justaguy2,
The man is making this thread worthless all by himself but let see the sandbox program name sandboxie had just gone into the public domain and can be found to download by way of a fast google search.

If people wish to learn from a real expert on internet security I would strongly suggest listening to the podcast SECURITY NOW by Steve Gibson to begin with.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Fri 25 Sep, 2020 01:36 pm
@justaguy2,
By my friend as you are block out of my universe.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Fri 25 Sep, 2020 03:44 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

The term "sandbox" is a generic term that can mean any number of things (from a Linux kernel mode to a bash command to a google Chrome feature).

Occasionally I want to play with code that I suspect is infected by a virus. Someone sent me a phishing email a while ago, and my co-workers and I wanted to see how it worked. My go to tool is a virtual machine, and I use VirtualBox for this purpose (mainly because it is the toolbox I know).

I don't generally need to do this. I would be interested in hearing what other people actually use.

I do not go near anything I have questions about and run sandboxie as my first level of protection from anything coming by way of the internet, with one of the common anti virus next.

I used to run a white lists only software as a third level of protection but it was too must of a pain with special note of even minor version updates that need to be approve by me to run again.

Oh I also have large areas of my disk encrypt when I am not using that information or programs in it at the moment.
maxdancona

Reply Fri 25 Sep, 2020 03:54 pm
@BillRM,
Interesting. I never heard of sandboxie (I was just reading about it). You are a lot more careful than I am. It seems to me that a full virtual machine is more secure, but this is certainly more convenient. I was thinking about how years ago I used to use "chroot"... but that was in the good old days.

I run a linux machine at home, and my work machine is locked down pretty well by people paid to worry so I don't have to (I don't do anything risky on my work machine).

I am careful with checksums and certificates. But I am nowhere near as careful as you are. But I also don't have much to protect.
BillRM

Reply Fri 25 Sep, 2020 04:04 pm
@maxdancona,
For a time I was traveling with a netbook that contain my whole family finance information along with access codes.

Given the percent of computers that go missing in airports every day heavy Disk encryption is the least you can do with a vpn.
maxdancona

Reply Fri 25 Sep, 2020 04:09 pm
@BillRM,
I love the idea of having a hidden partition in your encrypted drive for border checkpoints.

The border patrol agent will notice the first level of encryption... and they can force you to provide a password so they can snoop around. But there is no way for them to see if you have a second (or third) level of encryption that can have completely hidden information on it. They can't coerce you to provide a password for information that may or may not exist.

Plausible deniability is coolness. (Sadly, my life is too boring to ever need it, but it is still a cool idea).
BillRM

Reply Fri 25 Sep, 2020 05:39 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

I love the idea of having a hidden partition in your encrypted drive for border checkpoints.

The border patrol agent will notice the first level of encryption... and they can force you to provide a password so they can snoop around. But there is no way for them to see if you have a second (or third) level of encryption that can have completely hidden information on it. They can't coerce you to provide a password for information that may or may not exist.

Plausible deniability is coolness. (Sadly, my life is too boring to ever need it, but it is still a cool idea).

I always kind of look forward to the possibility of US custom demanding to access my computer as first there was nothing illegal on the computer and I was using Truecrypt so no matter how many dollars of computer time they used there was not way for them to force encrypt the drive.

Nor at least at that time period could they force me to give them the pass phrase all they could do was to take the computer for a few months and I always have more then one computer with the same information on the drives in case of lost or hardware failure.

But sadly no one ever demand a look at my hard drives so the ACLU never had a reason to give me a free membership.

Now if I had been dealing with a non US control border and have anything that I did not wish to share I would had encrypted the files and send them to the cloud to be download after clearing the border whatever border.

0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Fri 25 Sep, 2020 05:46 pm
@maxdancona,
There is also a problem with plausible deniability beginning with windows 7 OS due to the way the OS from then on does back up restore points that leave traces of areas of the disks that had been used as hidden encrypt areas.
maxdancona

Reply Fri 25 Sep, 2020 10:45 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

There is also a problem with plausible deniability beginning with windows 7 OS due to the way the OS from then on does back up restore points that leave traces of areas of the disks that had been used as hidden encrypt areas.

Another reason to use Linux.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sat 26 Sep, 2020 01:20 pm
A bit off topic, but:

Windows XP source code published on 4 Chan

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/microsoft/the-windows-xp-source-code-was-allegedly-leaked-online/

https://www.windowscentral.com/alleged-windows-xp-source-code-leaked-spread-4chan

What are the odds that there are bits and pieces of XP in Windows 10?
BillRM

Reply Sat 26 Sep, 2020 03:17 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:

What are the odds that there are bits and pieces of XP in Windows 10?

Hundred and twenty percent at a minimum is my guess.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/23/2024 at 11:15:11