rasmussen

shug23

Reply Fri 18 Sep, 2020 08:07 am
good news, my friends...Rasmussen poll at all time high at 53%..the lowest its been all week is 51%....Such a disconnect between Yahoo and CNN headlines.....The debates will be interesting but we all know the headlines already..."Biden kicked ass"
Biden enthusiasm in the 50% rage and Trump enthusiasm in the upper 70's........let the Trump bashing begin Smile
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 3 • Views: 1,453 • Replies: 60

justaguy2

Reply Fri 18 Sep, 2020 08:44 am
@shug23,
Rasmussen polls from what I've seen tend to favor the Republicans, so probably not a great surprise trump is leading in them. In any case, and that said; individual polls without a decent sample size that's both random and representative of the population are pretty useless, and I would take them with a grain of salt (regardless of who's doing the particular poll in question) - particularly where it's about even or very close to it.

It's the average of different individual polls that will give you a far better idea of where people/the vote likely currently stands. So talking about the "disconnect between Yahoo and CNN" doesn't really tell you much, if anything useful. There is also the fact that a lot can happen between now and polling day that could affect/change whatever the likely result currently is. Judging by your OP, this subject doesn't seem like it's your forte.

I think more than enough has already been said about your hero trump, so I don't see the need to repeat any number of faults that have already been mentioned in other threads that trump has, sorry about that.
engineer

Reply Fri 18 Sep, 2020 08:47 am
@justaguy2,
You can find all the major pollsters and their historic leans here.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Fri 18 Sep, 2020 08:47 am
@justaguy2,
Agreed Trump bashing is redundant. I’d be more interested in why someone who isn’t racist or a gun nut or a religious fundamentalist would consider Trump’s tenure a success.
shug23

Reply Fri 18 Sep, 2020 08:50 am
@justaguy2,
yeah, just giving an update; the trend is definitely up...(totally disagree on the average of polls ; I prefer consistent polling firm on likely voter - not population or registered voters...I do 100% agree that national polls don't have much meaning at this stage other than showing a trend
0 Replies

shug23

Reply Fri 18 Sep, 2020 08:59 am
@izzythepush,
I'm sure what I consider a success is not what you would consider a success but I would include
a) lower tax rates
b) historic low unemployment rates for minorities prior to pandemic
c) two Supreme Court Justice picks
d) mid east success (hopefully/possibly)
e) elimination of ACA mandate
f) USMCA
g) hopefully pulling troops out of every friggin country

without thinking too hard on your question
izzythepush

Reply Fri 18 Sep, 2020 09:03 am
@shug23,
What do you mean by USMCA?
justaguy2

Reply Fri 18 Sep, 2020 09:08 am
@izzythepush,
Possibly this: https://ustr.gov/trade-agreements/free-trade-agreements/united-states-mexico-canada-agreement
0 Replies

shug23

Reply Fri 18 Sep, 2020 09:10 am
yes on USMCA....and I should have also added the change in immigration policy and building the wall.....cant believe I forgot that
izzythepush

Reply Fri 18 Sep, 2020 09:20 am
@shug23,
The wall hasn’t been build, some parts of the existing wall have been replaced.
justaguy2

Reply Fri 18 Sep, 2020 09:30 am
@izzythepush,
It also won't be finished before November either, and if biden wins, he could stop work on it.

In any case, it doesn't actually "fix" the problem, particularly when the cartels just tunnel under it anyway.
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Fri 18 Sep, 2020 09:32 am
@shug23,
I'm sure his supporters would agree with your list. My thoughts:

a) lower tax rates - which are driving huge deficit spending even prior to the pandemic. The US doesn't have a sustainable tax rate. In 2000, the US government was running a surplus and the Treasury Department put out a report saying the entire US debt would be gone by 2012 causing a significant disruption in the world debt markets. Thanks to aggressive tax cuts we are currently in unsustainable debt.

b) historic low unemployment rates for minorities prior to pandemic - can't really argue with that except that Trump inherited the longest economic expansion in US history coming into office. At least he didn't kill it until the pandemic. That said, he did kill it with the pandemic. His mismanagement of the pandemic is why the US is still floundering while our economic counterparts have opened back up.

c) two Supreme Court Justice picks - yep, if you are a Trump fan, this is a win. It's why my brother is voting for him.

d) mid east success (hopefully/possibly) - The Mid East is on fire. Our ally Qatar (and home to US military operations in the Gulf) is being blockaded by our ally Saudi Arabia while Trump does nothing, Israel is annexing occupied territories and stepping up oppression of the Palestinians, Trump pulling out of the Iranian Nuclear Accord has led to a cold war, close to a hot war between Iran and Saudi Arabia and US arms continue to be used by Saudi Arabia to wipe out towns in Yemen.

e) elimination of ACA mandate - I'm not sure why conservatives consider denying healthcare to people to be a conservative value, but it clearly is, so I guess they would consider this a win.

f) USMCA - I don't know any business person who considers this as anything other than a bit of window dressing on NAFTA. The big changes promised never occurred. A few small changes were made and a big made for TV ceremony was held.

g) hopefully pulling troops out of every friggin country - "hopefully" is an accomplishment? Last I heard, there were Russian bounties on US troops and Trump was not all that concerned. After all, he isn't a sucker and a loser who serves in the military.
izzythepush

Reply Fri 18 Sep, 2020 09:37 am
@engineer,
We’ve still got foreign military bases over here.
0 Replies

shug23

Reply Fri 18 Sep, 2020 09:57 am
@engineer,
brief response to yor comments :
1) yes, government spending is out of control and has been for years...If you throw in the unfunded liability for our Social Security and Medicare system, it is frightening...I favor zero corporate tax rates and generally happy with the progressive rate levels we have now; although I think everybody should pay taxes- I think about 48 percent of the American population does not pay any federal income tax
b) Obama's expansion (if you want to credit him) had GNP growth of under 2% every quarter for 8 years I think.....waasn't so good com pared to Trump's 3.5 give or take prior to pandemic
c) hoping Ginsberg retires soon
d) I don't know a lot about the mid east other than it's been a disaster since when I was a kid in the 1960's. The US has wasted a lot of money there historically
e) getting rid of the mandate is not the same thing as eliminating guaranteed issue...I can tell you that when I had to buy it, it cost me $1200 per month and I had a $6000 deductible....( I wasn't eligible for subsidy). ACA was poorly designed from the initial outset
f) agree - we have too may troops in too many countries..Trump is first president I know of who at least says he wants to draw them down and/or make other countries pay for their own defense. Kind of tired being the patsy or policeman for the whole world. Are you foreigners paying your fair share (2% of GDP) for Nato? I kinda doubt it
izzythepush

Reply Fri 18 Sep, 2020 10:06 am
@shug23,
You say you don’t know much about the ME, yet claim success.
0 Replies

justaguy2

Reply Fri 18 Sep, 2020 10:12 am
@shug23,
Quote:
...although I think everybody should pay taxes- I think about 48 percent of the American population does not pay any federal income tax

Yes, it's taxes that is where any government gets it's revenue from to pay for things like basic services, roads, etc. I doubt you will see more people paying income tax under trump. The right-wing Liberal party here likes cutting taxes, the trade off is they also like cutting services too.

Quote:
getting rid of the mandate is not the same thing as eliminating guaranteed issue...I can tell you that when IU had to buy it, it cost me $1200 per month and I had a $6000 deductible....( I wasn't eligible for subsidy). ACA is poorly designed from the initial outset

There is a similar thing here in Australia where you pay a LHC loading if you don't take out private health insurance. But we also already have a universal health care system, unlike the USA.

https://www.ato.gov.au/Individuals/Medicare-levy/Private-health-insurance-rebate/Lifetime-health-cover/
0 Replies

shug23

Reply Fri 18 Sep, 2020 10:13 am
seems like the trend is going right re ME......but yes, could be wrong
izzythepush

Reply Fri 18 Sep, 2020 10:33 am
@shug23,
You don’t know enough about it to say which way it’s going.

Israel is making an accord with rich gulf states, people who are more concerned with oil revenue than human rights.
0 Replies

shug23

Reply Fri 18 Sep, 2020 10:54 am
Hopefully the US will reduce or stop it's annual funneling ofbillions of dollars to the region. That is one metric I might use to measure success
izzythepush

Reply Fri 18 Sep, 2020 11:26 am
@shug23,
Does that include all the military aid given to Israel?
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » rasmussen
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 06:41:58