Mainstream media gives airtime to murderer

Reply Fri 4 Sep, 2020 12:03 am
PORTLAND PSYCHO SPEAKS: CLAIMS HE “HAD NO CHOICE” BUT TO KILL…

Totally sick.

Against the advice of all lawyers, the man who allegedly murdered a Trump supporter in cold blood has gone to Vice News, of all people, to tell his side of the story…or so he claims.

Ever since a member of the right-wing “Patriot Prayer” group was shot and killed during a violent rally in downtown Portland August 29, the police investigation has reportedly focused on 48-year-old Michael Forest Reinoehl, a former military contractor and father of two who has provided what he called “security” at Black Lives Matter protests.

Reinoehl has not been arrested or charged, and Portland police declined to say if he is the target of its investigation into the killing of Aaron “Jay” Danielson, who was taking part in a pro-Trump rally with an estimated 600 trucks winding through the city that night. But in a conversation with freelance journalist Donovan Farley provided to VICE News and airing in full Thursday night, Reinoehl said he believed he and a friend were about to be stabbed, and that he acted in self defense.

“You know, lots of lawyers suggest that I shouldn’t even be saying anything, but I feel it’s important that the world at least gets a little bit of what’s really going on,” Reinoehl said.” “I had no choice. I mean, I, I had a choice. I could have sat there and watched them kill a friend of mine of color. But I wasn’t going to do that.” [Vice News]

It is absolutely sickening that Reinhoehl has not been arrested or charged. We are not trained psychologists, but this man just seems like he is totally lying.

There is not a shred of evidence that has turned up so far indicating Reinoehl killed in self-defense. And yet, Reinoehl is still walking the streets and giving interviews to Antifa-affiliated media outlets, while Rittenhouse sits in a county jail in Illinois. There are two standards of justice in this country, and this situation is intolerable.

https://www.revolver.news/2020/09/michael-reinoehl-speaks-vice-news/

BillRM

Reply Fri 4 Sep, 2020 01:54 am
@FreedomEyeLove,
For a moment I was under the impression from the title that you was referring to one of Trump news conferences as he is surely cover by the news media and he is surely guilty of many tens of thousands of deaths under the reckless or negligent Homicide laws.
0 Replies

hightor

Reply Fri 4 Sep, 2020 02:48 am
Quote:
Law enforcement agents killed Michael Forest Reinoehl while trying to arrest him, four officials said. He was being investigated in the fatal shooting of a supporter of a far-right group.

nyt

Of course there's this:

Quote:
Reinoehl said he believed he and a friend were about to be stabbed, and that he acted in self defense.

If that explanation is a good enough excuse for killer cops and and right-wing vigilantes like Kyle Rittenhouse it's sort of hypocritical to condemn Reinoehl.

More gunz! Gunz for all!! Gunz everywhere!!!
FreedomEyeLove

Reply Fri 4 Sep, 2020 02:16 pm
@hightor,
LOL, for the millionth time, the New York Times is a PROVEN far, far left propaganda outlet, not a credible source.

An eyewitness at the scene was interviewed last night on Tucker Carlson and refuted the claims you posted.

Thank God this piece of human garbage was killed by the police.
BillRM

Reply Fri 4 Sep, 2020 03:06 pm
@FreedomEyeLove,
Quote:
LOL, for the millionth time, the New York Times is a PROVEN far, far left propaganda outlet, not a credible source.

How is never never land where you are living?

0 Replies

hightor

Reply Sat 5 Sep, 2020 08:14 am
@FreedomEyeLove,
Quote:

What isn't credible in the NYT story? They quoted the same statement from the Vice interview that you posted in the piece from Revolver. Are you saying that the Portland shooter did not claim he was acting in self-defense?
Quote:
An eyewitness at the scene was interviewed last night on Tucker Carlson and refuted the claims you posted.

But I didn't make any claims. I did suggest that the self-defense argument can be used anytime someone claims to fear for his life. That's Rittenhouse's defense as well. And if you can use paleo-conservative Tucker Carlson as a source it seems silly to complain about my use of the NYT.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Sat 5 Sep, 2020 08:49 am
@hightor,
Quote:

At the time of hijacking of planes to Cuba all in the family Archie Bunker actor stated that as you board the planes all repeat all the passengers should be given guns to end the Hijacking problem.
oralloy

Reply Thu 10 Sep, 2020 05:14 am
@BillRM,
Archie Bunker was frequently correct on political issues.

0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Thu 10 Sep, 2020 05:15 am
@hightor,
hightor wrote:
If that explanation is a good enough excuse for killer cops and and right-wing vigilantes like Kyle Rittenhouse it's sort of hypocritical to condemn Reinoehl.

What people need to do is look at the evidence and see if the facts match the claims.

I've not bothered to look at the evidence regarding this Oregon shooter guy, so am not qualified to assess his claim.

hightor wrote:

Yes.
0 Replies