7
   

Murder sentencing

 
 
Reply Fri 31 Jul, 2020 09:44 pm
I have been wondering for years about what I am going to write but I just now decided to find a forum to vent I hope I am in the right place? I do not like this idea of every town, city, state or government deciding what laws to enforce on the people because it is different everywhere you go. When you commit an act such as murder you should not be able to live your life in prison costing us thousands of dollars and endless parole hearings. You get one parole hearing maybe and sentenced to death not life or life with parole within the next lets say 3 months then you are executed. Look how much money that could save the taxpayers. Well of course we need to get rid of the corrupt justice system that includes all of the bad politicians, judges, lawyers, police and so on. I know we have it good here in the U.S. but it could be better before it gets worse.
What do you think people?
 
CalamityJane
 
  3  
Reply Fri 31 Jul, 2020 10:46 pm
@saturnxjc,
I think you're full of crap.

Other civilized nations work towards a rehabilitating penal system in order for prisoners to become full members of society again and the US should thrive to follow in their footsteps. Death penalty is wrong and barbaric - there is no eye for an eye in modern prison reform. The US needs to abolish private prisons and it needs to stop throwing people in prison for minor fractions. Education is the key here. The number 1 issue to address is gun control and once we have this accomplished we're much more ahead of the game.
Sturgis
 
  3  
Reply Fri 31 Jul, 2020 11:10 pm
@saturnxjc,
The overall cost of the death penalty, tends higher than the cost for a life sentence.

The death penalty affords numerous appeals. Automatically. Being kept apart from the general prison population. These costs add up.

A life sentence is often final. If given "life without possibility of parole". an appeal in general, requires new evidence.

Additionally,the death penalty when carried out, often decades after sentencing, has been found many times to have been administered to an innocent person. There is no bringing them back.

Besides which, the death penalty, in whatever way it is carried out, is barbaric.

Life sentence, the person must live with their crime for however long they live. That can be a good long time.

Death penalty execution, it's over. Their mind no longer sees what they did.

Life without parole, often leads to the inmate, turning their life around and becoming a positive influence within the prison.
ekename
 
  1  
Reply Sat 1 Aug, 2020 01:34 am
@saturnxjc,
Quote:
I have been wondering for years


It was in the moment when I thought you were peripatetic that I knew I couldn't spell to save my life.
0 Replies
 
oralloy
 
  -4  
Reply Sat 1 Aug, 2020 03:20 am
@CalamityJane,
CalamityJane wrote:
The number 1 issue to address is gun control and once we have this accomplished we're much more ahead of the game.

Violating people's civil liberties for no reason may be a lot of fun for progressives who enjoy that sort of thing, but it's really no good for America.
Dr Sliptinschit
 
  -3  
Reply Sat 1 Aug, 2020 02:16 pm
@CalamityJane,
Quote:
Death penalty is wrong and barbaric


Do you feel the same about abortion?
mark noble
 
  1  
Reply Sun 2 Aug, 2020 10:30 am
@saturnxjc,
The US - Pre-fluvid was approximately 25 trillion in debt - With QE pumping the markets & fluvid - You're closer to 30 trillion in debt (Labour-based-debt).

I wouldn't worry about appropriately dealing with criminals, if I were you.
US Dollars aren't worth anything anymore.

Have a Lovely Day

oralloy
 
  -2  
Reply Sun 2 Aug, 2020 11:24 am
@mark noble,
I just managed to use dollars to buy a pizza. It seemed to work OK.
mark noble
 
  2  
Reply Sun 2 Aug, 2020 11:32 am
@oralloy,
Enjoy your pizza.

Your descendants will labour for approx (350ml into 30trl X 250k expected life-labour value X 50% actually able to work - Benefit claims, more QE and Future lockdown costs) 75,000yrs.

Don't fret though - We'll all be extinct by 2026 (Except those 'offworld', of course).

Have a Lovely Day
oralloy
 
  -1  
Reply Sun 2 Aug, 2020 11:36 am
@mark noble,
Thank you. I will. I got it piled high with all-meat toppings.

I'm going to go warm up the leftovers right now.
0 Replies
 
Jimeo
 
  2  
Reply Sun 2 Aug, 2020 11:42 am
@Sturgis,
Sturgis... Nicely stated. Thank you for the gift of your time to write it.
0 Replies
 
Teufel
 
  2  
Reply Sun 2 Aug, 2020 12:30 pm
@saturnxjc,
What do I think as someone who has education in criminology and whose wife is a Dr of Psychology & Criminology? ... People like you are risible, scary and desperately uneducated.

Do you know what the death certificate says in the case of a person executed by a state in the USA? Cause of death: Homicide. So the state has murdered someone because that person has murdered someone .... But it is OK for the state to murder people apparently because they have the right paperwork. Which they decided was the right paperwork. Is the disgusting irony lost on you?

Then you want to murder people because it is 'cheap' ... Yet you want to be deeply moralistic. It's bizarre. Your country is burning right now because there is no decent society, there is not enough tax collected to create a decent society ... Plus of course your bully country spends vast sums on it's military ... If we take that the USA is #1 military spender every year in the world. Then look at the next 9 countries, so Russia, China, France, UK, Germany and so forth ... America spends more a year than the next 9 countries put together. But you have no effective health system .... It is sick.

You have it good in the USA? 😂 So you're white then, plus consider yourself middle class and probably think Trump is a good idea.

America is the most corrupt criminal system there is in the developed world. It has 5% of the world's population but 25% of the world's prisoners. I could explain why systemic racism has caused this in the last 25 years but what is the point.

Under 15% of the US population is African American, yet that group are 4x's more likely to be imprisoned over white Americans and 2x's when set against Hispanics ...... that is not by ratio, that is a flat number. An African American child is more likely to get a criminal record than a GED.

Talk Detroit city itself .... Almost entirely black after decades of 'white flight' .... 50% of the citizens left are functionally illiterate.

If one purposefully diverts funding to people who vote, then criminalises the losing group to majorly pay for the policing to control the issues that have been created by diverting funding initially ... Then you end up with the USA you have today.

In the USA they of course vote for a District Attorney .... Who votes? People with money, i.e those not in poverty ... Who is mostly in poverty?African Americans ... So the mostly white 'middle class' want to feel safe (which is a perception not a reality) and therefore they vote for some 'gung ho' DA.

The US 'legal' system works on bail bonds, which is a grossly unfair system for the poor of course ... Then there is the cancerous plea bargain system ... It is in the political interests of the DA office to indict anyone that moves ... Then to have their office create a ludicrous list of charges so the slightest thing can mean a 100/200/300 year indictment.

Who are facing this National Socialist style 'justice'? Mostly always the poor and in the majority poor African Americans with their public defender who has 800+ cases at a time .... So the accused is given a choice, court in a few years time and 300 yrs if found guilty or 3 years if they take the plea ... The court appointed defender makes the best recommendation "Take the plea bargain and hope to get your life back". So innocent or guilty they simply take the plea.

There are c.17,000 different policing authorities in the USA and up to 60% of their budget comes from fining people .... Guess who? Affluent whites? Good lord no, poor people, mostly of course African Americans ...... Do you know you can get a $200 fine for 'walking with sagged trousers in public' or you can get a $200 fine for having 'two different window coverings on windows facing a public road' ..... Academic research shows that in all US cities you can plot where the most tickets will be issued just by picking out the poor black areas.

Your country only got shot of the Jim Crow laws in the mid 1960's, laws so racist and foul they made S Africa blush ... to be replaced by the war on drugs 7 years later, which is totally racist against the same group as always - African Americans.

Don't worry I have been saying this for decades, I am not some 'Johnny come lately' ...... Be assured this diatribe of loathsome facts can continue for pages and pages where the USA is concerned. But what's the point, you and your ilk are not listening are you.

My wife and I have lived and worked over much of the world including substantial time in 3rd world countries .... But even as Caucasian Europeans we would never even set foot in N America ... 'Arrive on vacation and leave on probation' oddly enough doesn't appeal to us.
mark noble
 
  1  
Reply Sun 2 Aug, 2020 12:43 pm
@Teufel,
Good post, Sir.
I agree.

Have a Lovely Day
0 Replies
 
oralloy
 
  -1  
Reply Sun 2 Aug, 2020 01:36 pm
@Teufel,
Teufel wrote:
Do you know what the death certificate says in the case of a person executed by a state in the USA? Cause of death: Homicide. So the state has murdered someone because that person has murdered someone .... But it is OK for the state to murder people apparently because they have the right paperwork. Which they decided was the right paperwork. Is the disgusting irony lost on you?

All murders are homicides. Not all homicides are murder.

That doesn't mean I'm for the death penalty. We are way too eager to execute innocent people for us to be allowed the use of the death penalty IMO.


Teufel wrote:
Plus of course your bully country spends vast sums on it's military ... If we take that the USA is #1 military spender every year in the world. Then look at the next 9 countries, so Russia, China, France, UK, Germany and so forth ... America spends more a year than the next 9 countries put together.

This is a good thing. Someone has to police the little countries.


Teufel wrote:
America is the most corrupt criminal system there is in the developed world.

Are you are excluding Italy from the developed world?


Teufel wrote:
Talk Detroit city itself .... Almost entirely black after decades of 'white flight' .... 50% of the citizens left are functionally illiterate.

The Detroit suburbs are doing just fine however. No one in Michigan pays any attention to Detroit.


Teufel wrote:
Who are facing this National Socialist style 'justice'?

Godwin's Law. Another well-deserved victory for America.
0 Replies
 
saturnxjc
 
  0  
Reply Sun 2 Aug, 2020 03:28 pm
@CalamityJane,
This is why this does not work with people like you around. Rehabilitation does NOT work. Death penalty is wrong but murder is ok. Guns do not kill PEOPLE do. I am not talking about minor crimes , read my post.











0 Replies
 
saturnxjc
 
  0  
Reply Sun 2 Aug, 2020 03:43 pm
@CalamityJane,
I am not talking about other nations I am talking about the U.S. What you are saying is death penalty is wrong but murder is OK in your eyes. You would sing a different song if it happened to one of your family. I also am not talking about minor crimes. Guns do not kill people, people kill people no matter how you spin it that is the truth. Education is a waste of time. Do you think that people like Gacy, Bundy, Berkowitz and Dahmer to name a few that were paroled out citizens would be safe and they would be cured and would not offend again Bull s---. Would you like for one of them to live close to you. If you say yes then are insane.
0 Replies
 
saturnxjc
 
  0  
Reply Sun 2 Aug, 2020 04:04 pm
@Sturgis,
Ok A death penalty does cost more as they are given endless appeals and often they die on death row not by lethal injection. A life sentence does not mean life many people have been given lesser sentences in time and let out to re-offend.
Why is the death penalty bad did the murderer think about that before it was done. NO. OK OK we can argue for ever but all I was saying why cannot we have one law that says if you murder a person and get convicted you have have two months to live. I am not talking about people being framed or innocent of the crime I am talking about 100% guilty people.
0 Replies
 
saturnxjc
 
  0  
Reply Sun 2 Aug, 2020 04:06 pm
@oralloy,
All that means is more law abiding people get killed because only the criminals will have guns.
0 Replies
 
saturnxjc
 
  0  
Reply Sun 2 Aug, 2020 04:11 pm
@Dr Sliptinschit,
Lethal injection is not barbaric. I suppose you think putting an animal asleep is ok right. But a human is not. Your priorities are out of whack. I am pro life as abortion goes.
saturnxjc
 
  0  
Reply Sun 2 Aug, 2020 04:19 pm
@Teufel,
I could go on for days disputing your self righteous attitude but I do not want to waste my time or breath. If you do not like it here get the ---- out and live where you think you have it better and like so many other idiots you will just stay and bit--.
0 Replies
 
 

Related Topics

Meredith Kercher - Question by FOUND SOUL
The Horror of Hate Crimes - Question by Arella Mae
The Ultimate Mass Murderer - Discussion by gungasnake
Manhattan Murder Mystery - Discussion by Pamela Rosa
Illegal Songs - Discussion by jespah
 
  1. Forums
  2. » Murder sentencing
Copyright © 2020 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 08/08/2020 at 12:13:58