Privilege

Wed 2 Sep, 2020 09:01 pm
In the following scenario, who do you believe has more 'privilege'?

A white person who grew up poor and lives in poverty?

or

A black person who grew up in an affluent, socially connected family?

Can anyone act like a grown up and answer this question honestly?

BillRM

Wed 2 Sep, 2020 09:25 pm
@FreedomEyeLove,
Black had a hell of a large amount of privilege such as having a 12 years old son gun down in a public park by the police.

Opening your front door with a metal keys case in you hand an having police approach you from behind an one of them seeing you keys yell gun and you then get to find out the skin color of Jesus.

Like moving into a new home and finding someone had report you to the police as a possible burglar an you end up on the ground facing guns.

Like being in a store looking for razor blades and having a store employees following you around.

No amount of money is going to have you treated like whites.
FreedomEyeLove

Wed 2 Sep, 2020 09:29 pm
@BillRM,
Quote:

So according to you, Bubba who lives in a trailer park has more privilege than Michelle Obama.

Nice to know.
maxdancona

Wed 2 Sep, 2020 09:30 pm
@FreedomEyeLove,
FreedomEyeLove wrote:

or

I think you have a valid point. Someone born into wealth has privilege even if they are Black. Someone who is born into a depressed community is at a disadvantage even if they are White.

I agree with the point I think you are trying to make.
0 Replies

maiden-usa

Wed 2 Sep, 2020 09:44 pm
Wealth privilege > Race privilege
It's pretty standard in America that the pecking order is:

Rich whites/asians
Rich others
Middle Class - all races
Poor whites
Poor others

maxdancona

Wed 2 Sep, 2020 09:52 pm
@maiden-usa,
I think it depends on what the privilege is.

Wealth begets wealth, having wealthy parents is the best indicator of educational success.

But race has a much greater impact on how you are treated by police no matter how wealthy you are. And someone who murders a White person gets a significantly higher sentence than someone who murders a Black person.

There is also lots of data showing that race has an effect in things like renting a house or getting loan. It is pretty easy to show this... when they have two couple with identical rental application (everything on the application from employment to credit history are the same) a White couple is more likely to get a loan with better interest rates than a Black couple.
0 Replies

Real Music

Wed 2 Sep, 2020 10:04 pm
@FreedomEyeLove,
Quote:

or

Using the exact scenario that you are posting here, which of these two individuals is most likely to be racially profiled in a negative or harmful way by the police?
BillRM

Wed 2 Sep, 2020 10:09 pm
@FreedomEyeLove,
FreedomEyeLove wrote:

Quote:

So according to you, Bubba who lives in a trailer park has more privilege than Michelle Obama.

Nice to know.

Obama before he become a well known senator an even then he was in far greater danger from a police traffic stop and so on then I would be
0 Replies

FreedomEyeLove

Wed 2 Sep, 2020 10:12 pm
@Real Music,
The white person. 100%

Because any white cop, heck ANY cop that arrests a black person (no matter how guilty they are) will be publicly hounded to the ends of the earth, or lose his job, or be arrested for murder, or all of the above!

And then when it turns out that the thugg who died was high on drugs and that's why he couldn't breathe, the media will do everything in their power to keep the video from being released!

Absolutely ZERO punishment for black criminals in America in the year 2020, and ALL police offers are afraid to confront them.
Real Music

Wed 2 Sep, 2020 10:17 pm
@FreedomEyeLove,
At least we all now know where you stand.
FreedomEyeLove

Wed 2 Sep, 2020 10:18 pm
@Real Music,
Do you disagree?

If so, how am I wrong?
Real Music

Wed 2 Sep, 2020 10:27 pm
@FreedomEyeLove,
Quote:
Do you disagree?
I definitely disagree.

Quote:
If so, how am I wrong?
1. It's simple.

2. One of the two races have a real fear of being unjustly killed by the police,
while the other race doesn't necessarily have that same real fear.
FreedomEyeLove

Wed 2 Sep, 2020 10:35 pm
@Real Music,
Quote:
One of the two races have a real fear of being unjustly killed by the police,

Jacob Blake is a violent criminal and rapist. He's not in jail. His family started a go fund me and raised millions of dollars.

Kyle Rittenhouse is 17 year old KID who was trying to defend his town and himself. He's in jail facing murder charges. His family tried to start a go fund me to help with legal fees, and it was shut down.

Oh, such 'white privilege'.
Real Music

Wed 2 Sep, 2020 10:40 pm
@FreedomEyeLove,
1. As I already stated. At least we all know where you stand.

2. I have nothing further to say to you, because you really truly disgust me.

3. Have a good night.
FreedomEyeLove

Thu 3 Sep, 2020 12:28 am
@Real Music,
Are you ever going to apologize to the woman who you made lewd comments to here who survived being violently raped at the hands of BLM?
0 Replies

Teufel

Thu 3 Sep, 2020 02:22 am
@FreedomEyeLove,

It is plainly a loaded null & void proposal .... privilege is a many faceted issue, not a black and white question ... Unless the person proposing it is a moron, ergo an IQ below 75, but above 40 ... Below 40 would make them a cretin.

Which country or continent? You are painfully parochial, little boy.

If for example I drove through Hong Kong in the 1990's in my Porsche 911, as I did, then I knew that the Chinese street sweeper saw me as a Gweilo ... a nothing.

Whilst I know for sure if a person of colour arrived at your trailer park hovel in their new BMW 745e iPerformance ... You would not think "Ahh, a lawyer or Dr!" as you would with a white person .... No, you'd think 'Drug dealer, gang member, ring 911, where is my gun!!!!" ... That is because of all the negativity, racism and innate hate that inbreeds like you have for anyone not white and as plainly stupid as you.

Why don't you stop being a racist fool and instead, think about why your life is so nasty, tawdry and utterly pointless. Here's a huge hint boy... It is because you are in it.

0 Replies

BillRM

Thu 3 Sep, 2020 06:00 am
@FreedomEyeLove,
FreedomEyeLove wrote:

Quote:
One of the two races have a real fear of being unjustly killed by the police,

Jacob Blake is a violent criminal and rapist. He's not in jail. His family started a go fund me and raised millions of dollars.

Kyle Rittenhouse is 17 year old KID who was trying to defend his town and himself. He's in jail facing murder charges. His family tried to start a go fund me to help with legal fees, and it was shut down.

Oh, such 'white privilege'.

What s piece of @#@$ you are. Running into such a person as yourself in the year 2020 is similar to running into a Stegosaurus in the local park.

God it will be wonderful to have a real president back in office and not someone that had empower you to once more come out of hiding from the 1950s

Love to think that you are in fact not a real american but some Russian troll but sadly that is not likely the case.
0 Replies

hightor

Thu 3 Sep, 2020 06:48 am
somebody wrote:

Kyle Rittenhouse is 17 year old KID who was trying to defend his town and himself.

How was he defending his town when he was twenty miles away from it? Hell, his town could have been in flames and he wouldn't even have known. How was he defending himself by attending a demonstration where violence was expected to break out? He should have stayed at home.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Thu 3 Sep, 2020 08:03 am
@FreedomEyeLove,
Its apples and oranges.

Your premise assumes that all poverty and wealth is equal.

First by any parameter there are more poor blacks than poor whites and that poor blacks most definitely have suffered 400 years of slavery, Jim Crow, etc that not even ONE poor white ever has.

That what percentage of rich whites have inherited wealth and what percentage of rich blacks have inherited wealth says an awful lot about white privilege.
0 Replies