I think BiPolarBear is having a little fun with me....

Reply Thu 7 Jul, 2005 08:02 pm
I received in the mail today a magazine from a conservative book club. The club is entitled "American Compass -- The Conservative Alternative" I skimmed through the magazine and discovered such literary heavyweights as Michael Savage, Zell Miller, Arnold Schwartzenegger, Anne Coulter, Sean Hannity, and, of course, the Shakespeare of our times, Chuck Norris.

What the hell are the Conservatives thinking? If they're trying to recruit new members, surely they could have come up with a better group of writers. I mean, they already have the illiterate crowd in their corner and if they are now seeking recruits that are capable of reading , wouldn't if make sense to offer someone a bit more stimulating and convincing than Chuck Norris?

There was one book offered by the title of "The O'Reilly Factor for Kids" The book was described thusly...

Responding to the issues and concerns of today's teens, O'Reilly provides straightforward advice on surviving in school, at home, and in the real world. Here are his thoughts on bullies, spoiled kids, sex, drug abuse, cultivating positive relationships with parents, peers and teachers, and much more.

I read that and became very distraught. Why couldn't Bill O'Reilly have been around during my formative years? Where was he when I needed his tutelage? With his guidance I probably could have cultivated a positive relationship with my parents rather than murdering them with an axe.

Another book is entitled "God and George W. Bush"
President Bush isn't shy about his faith -- which drives his enemies wild. Examing Bush's life and public record, Paul Kengor shows us a man who walks humbly with his God, but believes it is our duty to do what God called us to do -- whatever Maureen Dowd may say.

I can picture Bush walking humbly with God. "Hey, God", says Bush, "How about if we kill about 100,000 of those brown people? Just for kicks."

"I'm not sure Maureen Dowd would like that." says God.

"Who cares what Maureen Dowd says!", replies Bush. "Let's kill the bastards!"

Yep, some fine reading there. I'm sure Bear is chuckling right now. He's probably telling Squinney, "You're not going to believe what I sent Gus."
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,646 • Replies: 57
No top replies

squinney

Reply Thu 7 Jul, 2005 08:07 pm
Shocked

Sounds like the postman may have removed the Condi centerfold, or you woulda mentioned it.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 7 Jul, 2005 08:07 pm
So. Did you sign up for a subscription?
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Thu 7 Jul, 2005 08:11 pm
I signed you up, k.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 7 Jul, 2005 08:12 pm
If only you had my address......
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Thu 7 Jul, 2005 08:19 pm
We live in scary times.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Thu 7 Jul, 2005 08:25 pm
Yes, we do, GW, yes we do.

Oh, my friggin lord! I just realized what your intials were! I'll start calling you Green from now on. I don't want to offend you.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Thu 7 Jul, 2005 08:25 pm
bear is a fargin' bastich but, you knew that already. Stay tuned for your script to "Capt'n Underpants" but I caution you, don't pay the postage due, it's a trick.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Thu 7 Jul, 2005 08:28 pm
ok Dys how do you know about "Capt'n Underpants"? lol
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Thu 7 Jul, 2005 08:28 pm
I am the model.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Thu 7 Jul, 2005 08:30 pm
uhhh - to much information - you have ruined my fantasy
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Thu 7 Jul, 2005 08:30 pm
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
Yes, we do, GW, yes we do.

Oh, my friggin lord! I just realized what your intials were! I'll start calling you Green from now on. I don't want to offend you.

I thought He Who Must Not Be Named had the middle initial of "Dubya".
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Thu 7 Jul, 2005 08:33 pm
Ok, this whole thing is becoming too confusing. I will start calling you by your real name, which I believe is Sandy.

Will that work?
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Thu 7 Jul, 2005 08:38 pm
Sandy? I've been called worse. Actually our rescued border collie mutt is named Sandy. I didn't chose the name, she came with it.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Thu 7 Jul, 2005 08:39 pm
the green witch real name is Puce, not Sandy.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Thu 7 Jul, 2005 08:42 pm
SandyPuce it is. That's kinda catchy.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Thu 7 Jul, 2005 08:42 pm
Shall we play Rumpelstiltskin? If you guess my name I'll let you keep your oldest child. If not - he (or she) is mine.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Thu 7 Jul, 2005 08:43 pm
Ok, let me think.

Clarice?
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Thu 7 Jul, 2005 08:44 pm
Nope.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Thu 7 Jul, 2005 08:45 pm
Debbie?
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » I think BiPolarBear is having a little fun with me....
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/03/2024 at 03:18:00