What is the link between White Pride and Trump Supporters?

maxdancona

Reply Sun 23 Aug, 2020 10:12 am
@shug23,
That is an interesting perspective Shug... you are making a difference between a belief that in genetic difference, and a belief in human rights and equality.

How does this impact your opinion about white supremacy?
farmerman

Reply Sun 23 Aug, 2020 10:33 am
@shug23,
Quote:
yet there are differences between the races that are undeniable
could you please identify a few.?

Quote:
Could it be that one race is smarter than another ?

When provided with the same opportunities , the answer is definitely HELL NO.

farmerman

Reply Sun 23 Aug, 2020 10:41 am
@shug23,
Quote:

There those that think that men and women are 'equal', but we all know that is not so. Generally, men are stronger and taller. Generally, women live longer than men as examples.

youre confusing sexual polymorphism, (Dimorphism in humans)

with some racial claim. You should read Ernst Mayr and EO Wilson
0 Replies

shug23

Reply Sun 23 Aug, 2020 10:48 am
@maxdancona,
it doesnt; I don't believe in white supremacy.....
0 Replies

shug23

Reply Sun 23 Aug, 2020 10:54 am
@farmerman,
Europeans are taller than Asians
farmerman

Reply Sun 23 Aug, 2020 11:21 am
@shug23,
you confuse polymorphism with anything important. Are you taller tha your mother??

Given that many races were held under subjugation for a reason that they were PRESUMED inferior, they were held back. In the US this involved inferior schooling, disallowing schooling among jim crow days. breaking-up families, red lining, excluding blacks from certain military roles (The Tuskegee pilots were about the BEST P51 pilots we had in WWII). The MAnhattan project had hundreds of black scientists and engineers (Of which they were omitted from the various books)

I think, as an upper class and middle class has grown among the black populations all over, we see that they are every bit as smart (and stupid) as other races.
If e look at Asian populations we see that the supreme honor associated with complete respect of leadership and family , has created a un realistic degree of competition in academics , not a populational difference in intelligence.

The very white supremacist groups out there make me worry about how un intelligent most of thos clowna really are, and theyre all whitey white
maxdancona

Reply Sun 23 Aug, 2020 11:28 am
@farmerman,
This thread is about political White Supremacy. There are people right here on Able2Know who are posting that Black people are, by nature, more prone to crime and claiming that Black people want the ability to shoot police officers without consequences.

This type of White Supremacy is nasty, and is harmful to any civil discussion because it starts with the supposition that White people are superior, and that other races are inferior based solely on race.

We do have blatant White Supremacy be expressed on Able2know (and I believe that what is happening here is a pretty good indication of the overall debate in America. We also have a spectrum of beliefs that stem from White Supremacy... from denying the opinions of Black men toward the police who are supposed to serve and protect them, to assuming that Black communities are poor because they are Black (rather than looking at social and economic factors).

This "Bell Curve Nonsense" (and it is nonsense) is a useless tangent. There are Asian centers playing successfully in the NBA (in spite of their alleged short stature). But I am talking about the politics here... and White Supremacy is awfully common in the arguments being made by Trump supporters.

shug23

Reply Sun 23 Aug, 2020 11:33 am
I absolutely concur about the differences in culture....I don't disagree with most of your post.... but if intelligence is a physical characteristic of a person, and if we can agree that different races have different physical characteristics, how can you reject completely out of hand, that different races might have different distributionsc of intelligence ?
izzythepush

Reply Sun 23 Aug, 2020 11:33 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

This type of White Supremacy is nasty, and is harmful to any civil discussion

Is that why you constantly engage with them, giving them the oxygen of publicity while constantly arguing that Trump and his cronies be spared any legal consequences?

You’re not fooling anyone.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sun 23 Aug, 2020 11:35 am
@shug23,
Aren’t Okies considered stupid even by other Americans?

0 Replies

shug23

Reply Sun 23 Aug, 2020 11:46 am
Strike one. I am not an okie....retired four years and live where ever my fifth wheel takes us. Now I am in the blue state of michigan
izzythepush

Reply Sun 23 Aug, 2020 01:22 pm
@shug23,
That’s where the drinking water has been found to rot the brain, right?

Strike one. What the **** is that even supposed to mean?

I’m just pointing out that it’s a bit rich someone from a state known for two things, a shitty musical, and the biggest case of stupidity of Earth, namely the creation of the dustbowl, a state used as a byword for stupidity by other states, to impugn the intelligence of any one else.

Now you’re telling me it’s all that lead you chug down which has caused such profound ignorance, otherwise why would you use baseball references with someone who has no time for silly little niche sports?
0 Replies

shug23

Reply Sun 23 Aug, 2020 02:04 pm
Strike two...I'm not from Michigan either
izzythepush

Reply Sun 23 Aug, 2020 02:26 pm
@shug23,
I don’t play baseball.

It’s interesting what concept of a game it is you imagine we’re playing. You don’t deny being an idiot, (or consuming poisoned water for that matter,) just what sort of variety of idiot you happen to be.

America is far too big to pinpoint all the centres of idiocy.

Howzatt!
0 Replies

shug23

Reply Sun 23 Aug, 2020 03:15 pm
and since you only seem to be able to toss insults at America and some of the states, rather than engage in any of the substance of what people are discussing, strike three, you are out.
izzythepush

Reply Sun 23 Aug, 2020 03:24 pm
@shug23,
Well done, you managed to come out with that in less than an hour.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Sun 23 Aug, 2020 05:29 pm
@shug23,
shug23 wrote:

I absolutely concur about the differences in culture....I don't disagree with most of your post.... but if intelligence is a physical characteristic of a person, and if we can agree that different races have different physical characteristics, how can you reject completely out of hand, that different races might have different distributionsc of intelligence ?

The question of whether one race might have different distributions of intelligence is irrelevant. When you said that Asians are taller than Europeans... I pointed out that there are successful centers in the NBA that are over 7 feet tall. You might be right in a statistical distribution sense. It is still irrelevant.

The problem with White Supremacy is that it given an excuse for the differences in how people are treated by police, by lending institutions, by schools.

When two people with identical credit histories apply for a loan, and one is denied based only on their race... there is a problem. Would you agree?
farmerman

Reply Sun 23 Aug, 2020 07:08 pm
@maxdancona,
I am asserting that somehow the intelligence quotion is a cultural artifact borne of an information system that is skewed to the test administrators culture.
Given the same opportunities such as family structur, education, nutrition etc, works out that no race is statistically more intelligent than any other.
Im just amazed at how this crap seems to live on despite all we know about how nurture and nature collaborate .

Yet we still are in shock over black folks who excel in so many fields of intellectual pursuits, including cosmology physics not to mention arts , and hispanics who, as children crossed the US border and who are today bilingual PHDs in engineering, medicine arts etc.

I knew the authors of the Bellshape curve. I was doing resewrch as a post doc in Delaware and(besides meeting my future partners), we had a chance to view these clowns who bought into that POS

0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 23 Aug, 2020 07:09 pm
@maxdancona,
PS , this thred is whatever it morphs into. Your job is to try not to be a hall monitor but a facilitator
0 Replies

shug23

Reply Mon 24 Aug, 2020 04:46 am
@maxdancona,
Yes, when race is the sole determination as to whether one person gets a loan or another gets accepted to college, that is a problem.

When I said that Europeans are taller than Asians, I meant on average. You take samples of both population, make sure that the samples aren't biased (eg similar age and sex distributions) and likely will see that the average European is taller. This isn't to say that there aren't tall Asians or short Europeans. To assert that all races have the same average height is just not true.

Likewise, consider strength and agility. There are thousands of college athletes, but I observe that the NBA and the NFL are largely black. This is anecdotal, but I conclude that black men are probably stronger and more agile than white men, on average. I might be wrong, but I'll take the bet.

Now consider intelligence. There are 4 or 5 races depending upon who you ask. You are free to assume that this physical characteristic is the same for all races, but I don't know why you would be closed to the idea that you might be wrong and that the races could be ranked in order of intelligence.

This isn't to say there aren't brilliant people in each race and each race, for sure, will have their share of morons. Note, I am NOT saying that races have differences in average intelligence. I am saying, it is POSSIBLE that there are differences .

Differences in physical characteristics, also might be extended to subsets within the races as well. Poles have different physical characteristics than Swedes, for example. Differences aren't necessarily good or bad, they are just different.

Now, to go down a slightly different road, consider two populations, where one population thinks small feet on women is desirable. This population binds their infant girls feet to suppress growth and the other population does not. So someone comes along and does an analysis of the adult women and concludes that one population has adult women with larger feet than the other.....Seems like your argument would be ' Oh no, they have the same size feet...it's just that cultural differences and society have caused the one population to have small feet'...

You might , of course, be correct but it doesn't change the fact that there is a foot size difference between the two. But you might also be incorrect. If the population were to stop binding their little girl's feet, we don't know if the two populations would ultimately have the same foot size.

(BTW, my comments were initially in response to maxdancona's comment that we are all created equal...I don't think we are, but I do think we all should have equal rights )

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/21/2024 at 05:31:58