tsarstepan

Reply Thu 7 Mar, 2024 12:07 pm
@Glennn,
False. I'm pretty particular about dosage with these types of over the counter medicine.

You recently had to throw away some food due to an FDA recall.
P E Dant

Reply Thu 7 Mar, 2024 05:19 pm
@tsarstepan,
False - Fortunately for me, I have never had that experience with food, or any other thing, come to think of it

You have looked at, or held, or examined, a very, very old book or document
tsarstepan

Reply Fri 8 Mar, 2024 09:02 am
@P E Dant,
P E Dant wrote:

You have looked at, or held, or examined, a very, very old book or document

I've seen really old books in museum and library cases (AKA behind glass). But I won't say that counts. I have never handled any particularly old or valuable books. My father had some antique books. None which were any particular value. I guess with that part of the question, I could answer true. Depends on how you define old.

You are attending a lunch or dinner for today's International Women's Day.
P E Dant

Reply Fri 8 Mar, 2024 04:14 pm
@tsarstepan,
False

You have been asked to sign a document as a witness (Will, Statutory Declaration, that sort of thing)

tsarstepan

Reply Fri 8 Mar, 2024 04:54 pm
@P E Dant,
False.

Your favorite actor has passed away in the past 5 years or so.
coluber2001

Reply Sat 9 Mar, 2024 01:07 pm
@tsarstepan,
True, Alan Arkin was one of my was one of my favorite actors.

You have bought a movie DVD recently.
Glennn

Reply Sat 9 Mar, 2024 01:31 pm
@coluber2001,
False. Got Tubi.

You will watch March Madness.
P E Dant

Reply Sat 9 Mar, 2024 04:32 pm
@Glennn,
False

You have fond memories of Easter egg 'hunts'

@ coluber - did you ever get to see Arkin in 'The Heart Is A Lonely Hunter' (1968)? Arkin was outstanding!
Glennn

Reply Sat 9 Mar, 2024 05:16 pm
@P E Dant,
False. Too many brothers and sisters, with younger siblings receiving insider information from the event organizer. It was just bullshyt . . .

Your freezer is too full.
P E Dant

Reply Sun 10 Mar, 2024 04:30 pm
@Glennn,
False

You like lemon juice in iced water as a drink
tsarstepan

Reply Mon 11 Mar, 2024 10:07 am
@P E Dant,
If I'm at a restaurant or bar that has some mildly weird but drinkable tap water, a slice of lemon would be appreciated. Other than that? I'm not going to just add lemon juice to water.

You lose most of your winter accessories (hats, gloves, scarfs, etc...) well before the season is over.
Glennn

Reply Mon 11 Mar, 2024 10:53 am
@tsarstepan,
False. I treat such things as if they were my . . . hat and gloves. Razz

You collect interesting looking stones.
P E Dant

Reply Mon 11 Mar, 2024 04:08 pm
@Glennn,
False - not deliberately, but rather as they turn up when working in the garden (seldom interesting tho')

You have been, or know someone who has been to China
tsarstepan

Reply Tue 12 Mar, 2024 12:33 pm
@P E Dant,
I never been. But I know at least a few people who travelled there. And I'm pretty sure I met more than a few ... in passing ... during Meetups from China who have moved here to NYC.

On Easter (this year or in the past), you will wear (or have worn) rabbit ears.
P E Dant

Reply Tue 12 Mar, 2024 03:56 pm
@tsarstepan,
False - I am so bald that the rabbit ears would have to be glued on!

You once had a very interesting chat with a complete stranger
Glennn

Reply Tue 12 Mar, 2024 05:17 pm
@P E Dant,
True. We discussed whether or not the mass of individual humans is just an illusionary manifestation of the mind's attempt to separate itself from itself.

You enjoy watching old Westerns like Have Gun, Will Travel.
P E Dant

Reply Wed 13 Mar, 2024 03:52 pm
@Glennn,
True Smile

You have eaten paw-paw

Asimina triloba, aka the American papaw, pawpaw, or paw paw

https://www.google.com/search?q=paw-paw&client=firefox-b-ab&sca_esv=9b74a4c0b9e67cb5&sca_upv=1&tbm=isch&sxsrf=ACQVn0_6VN2P2fFgxz-M2f7lZeI3oQOTjg:1710366633079&source=lnms&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwi4s-acnPKEAxW9TmwGHVklBnIQ_AUIBigB&biw=1006&bih=616
tsarstepan

Reply Thu 14 Mar, 2024 07:56 am
@P E Dant,
False. I have never eaten that fruit. I have only seen it on the internet, specifically The Atlantic Magazine's Facebook posts - lamenting the fact that it's a shame that no one (generally speaking) the the US considers paw paws the greatest fruit of all time.

You have recently bought a charity raffle ticket with a new truck or car as grand prize.
P E Dant

Reply Thu 14 Mar, 2024 05:22 pm
@tsarstepan,
Close! The prize is a brand new registered car trailer, full of garden tools, sports goods, a fold-up step ladder etc etc and includes vouchers for 5 pairs of new shoes/sneakers/joggers (everything is donated by local businesses)

You have given some thought to investing in some new 'green' industry/business

Glennn

Reply Tue 19 Mar, 2024 03:18 pm
@P E Dant,
Kind of. I'm thinking about burying a long length of non-perforated tile on my land, and then draw the air through it to get free cool air. It's harebrained, but I see no reason why it wouldn't work.

When you were younger you broke something that belonged to a sibling, and never 'fessed up.