Glennn

Reply Sun 12 Feb, 2023 08:08 pm
@P E Dant,
False. Hate the city, farm or no farm!

You hate city driving.
glitterbag

Reply Sun 12 Feb, 2023 08:13 pm
@Glennn,
I guess I do, I didn't mind it years ago but now I think I'd rather Uber.

You call lightening bugs, fireflies.
tsarstepan

Reply Mon 13 Feb, 2023 10:10 am
@glitterbag,
True.

AT the moment of reading this post, your cell phone has less than 20% battery charge.
Glennn

Reply Mon 13 Feb, 2023 03:53 pm
@tsarstepan,
False. I don't own a cell phone.

Your water pipes never freeze up.
P E Dant

Reply Mon 13 Feb, 2023 05:36 pm
@Glennn,
True... this house is built 'slab on ground' and the pipes are all encased in the slab

You once heard a rumour about a person known to you, that upset you somewhat
Glennn

Reply Mon 13 Feb, 2023 07:18 pm
@P E Dant,
False. I never listen to rumors . . . unless it's rumored that the rumors are legitimate.

You've worked more than ten jobs over the years.
tsarstepan

Reply Tue 14 Feb, 2023 08:49 am
@Glennn,
Pretty sure it's true.

You always buy a lotto ticket whenever the pot goes over $500MM.
Glennn

Reply Tue 14 Feb, 2023 09:32 am
@tsarstepan,
False. I recognize that lotto is basically a tax on the mathematically challenged.

You once took a long walk and ended up having to call someone to come get you because you weren't up to it.
tsarstepan

Reply Tue 14 Feb, 2023 09:52 am
@Glennn,
Glennn wrote:

You once took a long walk and ended up having to call someone to come get you because you weren't up to it.

Knock on wood. It hasn't happened yet. I don't expect it to happen for many years. Walking (fast and at long distances) is my one and only superpower.

You go to family style restaurants even though they're a bit pricey because you can get an extra one or two meals out of this one dinner with leftovers because of the extra large portions.
Glennn

Reply Tue 14 Feb, 2023 11:48 am
@tsarstepan,
False. However, I used to be so greedy that I would go to an all-you-can-eat buffet and order two.

You get the feeling that life is as long as it is short.
tsarstepan

Reply Tue 14 Feb, 2023 01:55 pm
@Glennn,
A very existential sentiment. Deserves a very existential response.

You have a Facebook friend who genuinely believes that by copying and pasting the following quasilegal statement or a variation on that hoax of a legal sentiment is legally binding and it could be held up in a court of law against Facebook?
Quote:
Deadline tomorrow !!! Everything you’ve ever posted becomes public from tomorrow. Even messages that have been deleted or the photos not allowed. It costs nothing for a simple copy and paste, better safe than sorry. Channel 13 News talked about the change in Facebook’s privacy policy. I do not give Facebook or any entities associated with Facebook permission to use my pictures, information, messages or posts, both past and future. With this statement, I give notice to Facebook it is strictly forbidden to disclose, copy, distribute, or take any other action against me based on this profile and/or its contents. The content of this profile is private and confidential information. The violation of privacy can be punished by law (UCC 1-308- 1 1 308-103 and the Rome Statute). NOTE: Facebook is now a public entity. All members must post a note like this. If you prefer, you can copy and paste this version. If you do not publish a statement at least once it will be tactically allowing the use of your photos, as well as the information contained in the profile status updates. DO NOT SHARE. Copy and paste.
P E Dant

Reply Tue 14 Feb, 2023 05:17 pm
@tsarstepan,
False... am not on Facebook, have never been on Facebook, and have no intention of going on Facebook... ditto Tic Toc, TRUTH Social, Instagram, YouTube, Twitter, Pinterest, Snapchat, Linkedin etc etc

You have observed a watchmaker/repairer at work
Glennn

Reply Tue 14 Feb, 2023 05:28 pm
@P E Dant,
True. But he didn't see me.

You know it's time to change the dirt in your plant pots, but still haven't.
P E Dant

Reply Tue 14 Feb, 2023 06:04 pm
@Glennn,
False

There is a florist in your neighbourhood
tsarstepan

Reply Wed 15 Feb, 2023 10:01 am
@P E Dant,
True. Though I had to use Yelp to verify that fact.

You accidentally leave your wallet at home at least 1 or 2 times a month.
Glennn

Reply Wed 15 Feb, 2023 02:41 pm
@tsarstepan,
False. I do it intentionally.

Like me, you believe that this site could use a Chess Room.
P E Dant

Reply Wed 15 Feb, 2023 04:55 pm
@Glennn,
False... Gens una sumus... ergo, we are bound by the majority opinion

You have a set of steak knives you won in a competition

coluber2001

Reply Thu 16 Feb, 2023 01:47 pm
@P E Dant,
You have a set of steak knives you won in a competition

Partially true. I recently found a set of steak knives that somebody had given me, which is ironic because I don't eat meat.

You will stop eating meat if the price doubles or triples.