tsarstepan

Reply Fri 9 Dec, 2022 11:35 am
@coluber2001,
False. And I wouldn't pass that geeky curse down to the next generation if I did. Wink

You still haven't put up your Xmas tree or lights despite saying you were going to for the past two weeks.
Bubbles66

Reply Fri 9 Dec, 2022 12:48 pm
@tsarstepan,
False. My tree is up and the twinkling lights are.............twinkling. Very Happy

You wrap a few empty various size boxes in Christmas wrapping paper to just put them under the tree for decoration?.
tsarstepan

Reply Fri 9 Dec, 2022 02:19 pm
@Bubbles66,
False. My house is somewhat depressing during Christmas season. No trees or decorations and not wrapped gifts.

You have a charming set of handmade windchimes at your front door.
P E Dant

Reply Fri 9 Dec, 2022 05:04 pm
@tsarstepan,
False

You have been to an Asian country
Bubbles66

Reply Sat 10 Dec, 2022 06:02 am
@P E Dant,
False, but a local couple recently went to Gilgit, they had a brilliant time, showed me their videos and photos.

You have an apple tree in your garden/yard?
P E Dant

Reply Sat 10 Dec, 2022 06:21 pm
@Bubbles66,
False

You once drove the wrong way down a 'One Way' street
coluber2001

Reply Sun 11 Dec, 2022 10:47 am
@P E Dant,
True. It was in Mexico. At least I think it was one way. Who could tell?

You once drank a vile-tasting liquor that you hated but you drank it anyway because everyone
P E Dant

Reply Sun 11 Dec, 2022 04:59 pm
@coluber2001,
*sigh*... True - Maman always said that 'courtesy costs nothing' (except for the urge to gag and choke and want to throw up)

You have seen a genuine Egyptian mummy (in real life, not on TV, whatever)
Bubbles66

Reply Mon 12 Dec, 2022 05:59 am
@P E Dant,
True. I visited the Egyptian Gallery at Bolton Museum - UK.
A mummy there is of an unknown man.

You have done, or would like to search your family tree?
P E Dant

Reply Mon 12 Dec, 2022 05:40 pm
@Bubbles66,
True! Drunk

You have been to a 'working' museum and seen someone carrying out a long-lost trade

I once watched a man weaving the bottom into a cane chair... fascinating! And so fast!

coluber2001

Reply Tue 13 Dec, 2022 09:39 am
@P E Dant,
I watched a man in a natural history museum picking calcification off of an old fossil. He must have been at it for months.

You have found a fossil in the wild.
tsarstepan

Reply Tue 13 Dec, 2022 12:40 pm
@coluber2001,
False.

Every Christmas season, you buy a lot of candy canes and at the end of the season end up throwing most of them away because you and others don't end up eating as many as expected.
P E Dant

Reply Tue 13 Dec, 2022 05:22 pm
@tsarstepan,
False... have never bought, or eaten, a candy cane

You, or someone you know/are related to, is a 'wine buff'
tsarstepan

Reply Wed 14 Dec, 2022 12:17 pm
@P E Dant,
P E Dant wrote:

False... have never bought, or eaten, a candy cane

Some might consider you a grinch. A scrooge. Or even a monster. I would be one of them. Surprised Neutral Surprised Surprised

Wink
~
I thoroughly enjoy wine. But I don't have the knowledge or the refined taste sensibilities to consider myself a wine buff. I guess I have a friend or two who could be considered wine buffs. One friend, I vacationed with - went to several US states/regions known for their wines and vineyards. The Fingerlakes in NY have some amazing wine and vineyards.

You have a small plot of land in your backyard where you grow small crops like potatoes, tomatoes, etc....
coluber2001

Reply Wed 14 Dec, 2022 01:15 pm
@tsarstepan,
I would grow vegetable crops if I had enough sunlight in my backyard. However, I do forage some of the wild herbs such as chickweed, henbit, and very young bedstraw. These are all winter crops.

You occasionally forage wild plants.
izzythepush

Reply Wed 14 Dec, 2022 01:31 pm
@coluber2001,
Try growing rhubarb.

I gather blackberries and chestnuts and have done rose hips in the past but they're a complete bind when it comes to preparation.

You have never seen The Sound of Music.
tsarstepan

Reply Wed 14 Dec, 2022 03:44 pm
@izzythepush,
I've seen clips. I'm certain I haven't seen the whole film. So, true.

You have well over books from well over 5 separate cozy murder mystery series. AKA you are a cozy mystery book junkie.
izzythepush

Reply Wed 14 Dec, 2022 04:45 pm
@tsarstepan,
False, I read a few murder mysteries when I was a kid, but they were quite popular back then.

I really like Bernie Gunther, but he's more in the sytle of Cgandler and Hammett, so not really murder mystery.

You normally forget one thing when you go shopping.
P E Dant

Reply Wed 14 Dec, 2022 06:22 pm
@izzythepush,
False...

There are several tasks about the house you have been putting off

@ Stepan... have you seen a movie called 'Sideways'?

Jack: If they want to drink Merlot, we're drinking Merlot

Miles: No, if anyone orders Merlot, I'm leaving. I am NOT drinking any ******* Merlot!

tsarstepan

Reply Thu 15 Dec, 2022 10:17 am
@P E Dant,
P E Dant wrote:

@ Stepan... have you seen a movie called 'Sideways'?

Jack: If they want to drink Merlot, we're drinking Merlot

Miles: No, if anyone orders Merlot, I'm leaving. I am NOT drinking any ******* Merlot!

Very Happy One of my all time favorite movies. Very Happy The Academy robbed/snubbed Paul Giamatti of his much deserved Oscar.

There are several tasks about the house you have been putting off.
False. I let all those menial tasks to my landlord. I could declutter my bedroom though.
~~
You have a small amount of money locked in a bet because you are taking part in the office World Cup soccer office pool.