0
   

Did Yahweh do us a favor by denying us eternal life?

 
 
Reply Thu 23 Jul, 2020 01:47 pm
Did Yahweh do us a favor by denying us eternal life?

It seems that the older I get, the less enjoyable and desirable the thought of living eternally becomes, even though I am quite pleased with how my life has evolved and how I will end this life.

Be it with a body here on earth, or as a spirit in some heaven, I cannot imagine anyone living eternally and enjoying it.

It would be like living watching the same T V program running over and over and over, since there is nothing new under the sun. All would be seen as allegories and or analogous of other situations.

Thoughts?

Regards
DL
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 426 • Replies: 11
No top replies

 
BillRM
 
  2  
Reply Thu 23 Jul, 2020 02:29 pm
@Greatest I am,
It is impossible to live forever even if you never grown old an never can get a disease that could kill you as probability sooner or later will kill you such as being in a plane that come apart at two miles high or similar events.
0 Replies
 
NealNealNeal
 
  0  
Reply Thu 23 Jul, 2020 03:07 pm
@Greatest I am,
All people will live forever. The only question is whether it will be in heaven or in hell.
Sturgis
 
  1  
Reply Thu 23 Jul, 2020 03:30 pm
@Greatest I am,
Once you've arrived at the hands of The Grim Reaper, and then been transported to the afterlife, you may find Heaven to be an absolutely amazing, delightful, groovy, like WOW MAN! place to spend your eternity. New activities all the time. Reunions with all your pals and loved ones of the time you spent on Earth or some other planet in some galaxy or place in the universe.
Never is it ever boring!

Of course, you may find your spirit/soul eternally residing in the other direction. Where Satan hangs out. Still, there's variety there too and the opportunity to reconnect with friends and family. (though a different group from the ones in Heaven)

Or, you might land in Purgatory. Now, that might be rough. However, you can exit from there by being either superbly good or horrifyingly bad.
Sturgis
 
  1  
Reply Thu 23 Jul, 2020 03:32 pm
@NealNealNeal,
No, not all.

Sometimes the soul is completely destroyed. Varied reasons.
NealNealNeal
 
  0  
Reply Fri 24 Jul, 2020 01:38 pm
@Sturgis,
The body can be destroyed. However, the soul will always exist..
Read what Jesus said about hell. Also, read Revelation.
Even Gehenna is a bad place to be (which is where the unbeliever will be before the White Throne Judgment).
0 Replies
 
mark noble
 
  0  
Reply Thu 30 Jul, 2020 10:30 am
@Greatest I am,
What if you (Source) were to live 'Every' Life - Which it must?

In order To Know 'Everything' - One must 'Be' 'Everything'

Have a Lovely Day
Greatest I am
 
  1  
Reply Thu 30 Jul, 2020 02:30 pm
@NealNealNeal,
NealNealNeal wrote:

All people will live forever. The only question is whether it will be in heaven or in hell.


You believe the Christian myth to be real?

Talking serpents and donkeys and a genocidal Yahweh and all?

Regards
DL
0 Replies
 
Greatest I am
 
  1  
Reply Thu 30 Jul, 2020 02:33 pm
@Sturgis,
Sturgis wrote:

Once you've arrived at the hands of The Grim Reaper, and then been transported to the afterlife, you may find Heaven to be an absolutely amazing, delightful, groovy, like WOW MAN! place to spend your eternity. New activities all the time. Reunions with all your pals and loved ones of the time you spent on Earth or some other planet in some galaxy or place in the universe.
Never is it ever boring!

Of course, you may find your spirit/soul eternally residing in the other direction. Where Satan hangs out. Still, there's variety there too and the opportunity to reconnect with friends and family. (though a different group from the ones in Heaven)

Or, you might land in Purgatory. Now, that might be rough. However, you can exit from there by being either superbly good or horrifyingly bad.


New activities all the time?

Activities are a finite list and even sexual variety would soon be booooooring.

Regards
DL
Greatest I am
 
  1  
Reply Thu 30 Jul, 2020 02:35 pm
@mark noble,
mark noble wrote:

What if you (Source) were to live 'Every' Life - Which it must?

In order To Know 'Everything' - One must 'Be' 'Everything'

Have a Lovely Day


I can think of nothing more boring than to know everything.

One might as well shut ones brain down as it would be a stagnant never changing organ.

Death would be welcomed by such a dead mind.

Regards
DL
mark noble
 
  1  
Reply Sat 1 Aug, 2020 09:12 am
@Greatest I am,
You 'DL' don't get to exist as everything (That'd be illogical) - 'It' has to exist as 'you'.

You are just a journey.

Have a Lovely Day
0 Replies
 
Sturgis
 
  1  
Reply Sat 1 Aug, 2020 02:26 pm
@Greatest I am,
Quote:
Activities are a finite list...

...soon be boring.


How can you know? Have you ever experienced eternal life? If you were living in a pleasurable eternity, what brought you back here? Could it have been your lack of appreciation for the wonderland you had reached?
0 Replies
 
 

Related Topics

 
  1. Forums
  2. » Did Yahweh do us a favor by denying us eternal life?
Copyright © 2020 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.59 seconds on 12/05/2020 at 03:35:01