Hey Mills,

You ever pick one of them up?
0 Replies

Mills75

Reply Tue 20 Sep, 2005 03:22 pm
jpinMilwaukee wrote:
Hey Mills,

You ever pick one of them up?

Not yet. I started back to work shortly after my last post on this thread and things have gone from busy to hectic since. I'm keeping them on the list.
0 Replies

viva chiapas

Reply Thu 6 Oct, 2005 06:10 am
*gasp* no one has said "Our Word Is Our Weapon" yet by Subcomandante Marcos. i am in huge hurry so will elaborate later.

EDIT: ok so now i have a little time to elaborate. "Our Word Is Our Weapon" is a collection of writings, essays and communiques by Subcomandante Marcos, the spokesperson for the EZLN (zapatista national liberation army). The EZLN is the fighting arm of the FZLN (zapatista front of national liberation), an organisation in the south-eastern state of Chiapas, in Mexico. The aim of their organisation is to end the pillage of the lands of the indigenous inhabitants of Mexico, end the human rights abuses to these indigenous peoples, oppose neo-liberalism, and generally end the rife corruption in the mexican government.

Marcos is a wonderful and extremely witty writer, and the collected works are on many topics such as neo-liberalism, human rights abuses, solidarity and generally anything that goes against ones conscious. If you have not read this book i highly recommend you do. It can change your life. It sure did change mine.

Cheers
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Mon 17 Apr, 2006 09:24 am
Just finished Black Rednecks White Liberals by Sowell.

Very good read.
0 Replies