There are three really good VP candidates.

Reply Fri 10 Jul, 2020 07:53 pm
I was sold on Kamala Harris. Harris can reach middle America. She can't realistically be accused of being part of the radical left wing. She is intelligent, well-spoken and perfectly able to step in and be president if required (a rather important quality in this administration).

But Susan Rice excels even more on the ready to be president criteria. She was the National Security Adviser and has foreign policy chops to spare. Of any of the candidate, she is most ready to step in and be president.

And... now increasingly I like Tammy Duckworth. She is a combat veteran who fits the political bill. Watching Tucker Carlson try to question the patriotism of someone who lost her legs in combat is maddeningly amusing.

Any of these candidates would be perfectly good. Any candidate will help the ticket, and any of these candidates can do the job president should the other guy be unable.

To be honest, I am now leaning toward Susan Rice. What do you all think?

View best answer, chosen by maxdancona
FreedomEyeLove

Reply Fri 10 Jul, 2020 09:41 pm
@maxdancona,
Quote:
Watching Tucker Carlson try to question the patriotism of someone who lost her legs in combat is maddeningly amusing.

What max is really saying here is "No one should be allowed to criticize someone with stupid ideas who openly hates America if they happen to be disabled."

Boy, I can't wait until Duckworth is vice POTUS so that she can hide behind her disability so that no one is allowed to question her batshit policies.
FreedomEyeLove

Reply Fri 10 Jul, 2020 09:49 pm
@maxdancona,
Quote:
What do you all think?

None of them are men.
0 Replies

FreedomEyeLove

Reply Fri 10 Jul, 2020 09:51 pm
@FreedomEyeLove,
Quote:
Boy, I can't wait until Duckworth is vice POTUS so that she can hide behind her disability so that no one is allowed to question her batshit policies.

Correction: So she can hide behind the trifecta of being disabled, being Asian, AND being a woman. Literally no one will be allowed to question her.
maxdancona

Reply Fri 10 Jul, 2020 09:58 pm
@FreedomEyeLove,
Do you know how Tammy Duckworth became disabled (if you do know the reason, you seem to be avoiding it).
FreedomEyeLove

Reply Fri 10 Jul, 2020 10:07 pm
@maxdancona,
Quote:
Do you know how Tammy Duckworth became disabled

How does how she became disabled make her above criticism?

Hmmmmmmm????????
maxdancona

Reply Fri 10 Jul, 2020 10:38 pm
@FreedomEyeLove,
FreedomEyeLove wrote:

Quote:
Do you know how Tammy Duckworth became disabled

How does how she became disabled make her above criticism?

Hmmmmmmm????????

Does getting your legs blown off in combat while serving your country mean anything to you?

If there is anything that makes someone above criticism, putting your life on the line while serving our country would be it.

If you don't respect that, you don't respect anything.
McGentrix

Reply Fri 10 Jul, 2020 11:25 pm
@maxdancona,
Do you think for a second that Duckworth will hide behind her disability like you are doing?

I doubt it.
maxdancona

Reply Fri 10 Jul, 2020 11:32 pm
@McGentrix,
McGentrix, what have done to you lately (if that was your sister... I promise you I didn't know really). I don't believe that you are my conscience, you seem to be following me around tonight.

FreedomEyeLove came out swinging at Duckworth. I don't think my response was out of line.

The woman deserves respect. (She will kick the collective asses of nasty Trump supporters with a titanium zeal. If I need to hide behind someone, she's the one I would choose).

You are right to say that I don't see her hiding from anyone. I am not her.

McGentrix

Reply Fri 10 Jul, 2020 11:35 pm
@maxdancona,
Disagreeing with ones political views is hardly disrespecting them.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Fri 10 Jul, 2020 11:36 pm
@FreedomEyeLove,
FreedomEyeLove wrote:

This is the exactly line that started this particular bit of drama. I would say that FreedomEyeLove is disrespecting Tammy Duckworth.

Do you honestly think that FreedomEye is being respectful to Tammy Duckworth?

McGentrix

Reply Fri 10 Jul, 2020 11:43 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

FreedomEyeLove wrote:

This is the exactly line that started this particular bit of drama. I would say that FreedomEyeLove is disrespecting Tammy Duckworth.

Do you think that FreedomEye is being respectful?

Oh, I'm sorry, did politics just suddenly become about "respect"?

Politicians don't get respect and should Duckworth throw a hat in the arena then I am sure she can expect much worse than what FEL has said here.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Fri 10 Jul, 2020 11:44 pm
@maxdancona,
Tammy Duckworth is a true war hero.

After what Trump Supporters did to John McCain (another true war hero) I shouldn't be surprised.
McGentrix

Reply Fri 10 Jul, 2020 11:49 pm
@maxdancona,
And I appreciate her service and feel bad that she took such a devastating injury.

Doesn't give her a free pass if she decides to get into politics.
maxdancona

Reply Fri 10 Jul, 2020 11:51 pm
@McGentrix,
McGentrix wrote:

And I appreciate her service and feel bad that she took such a devastating injury.

Doesn't give her a free pass if she decides to get into politics.

Nor does it give FreedomEye a free pass. If he is going to be an asshole to a war hero, he should expect incoming fire.

For the record I didn't agree with John McCain very much (I did appreciate his pro-immigration stance when I held it). I didn't vote for him. I never disrespected John McCain and I would have expected to be slapped back if I had.
McGentrix

Reply Fri 10 Jul, 2020 11:55 pm
@maxdancona,
Maybe you didn't, but the left was hardly complimentary to both McCain and Dole during their runs for President.

You do agree with that, right?
maxdancona

Reply Sat 11 Jul, 2020 12:14 am
@McGentrix,
Did anyone from the left ever suggest that McCain was hiding behind his disability?

Trump disrespected McCain's service and sacrifice. I don't believe that anyone prominent from the left ever did, and if they did they would have been shot down from the left.
McGentrix

Reply Sat 11 Jul, 2020 12:57 am
@maxdancona,
Did I miss where someone prominent from the right insulted or disrespected her?

So far, the only one I have seen or heard of suggesting she hide behind her disability is you "bragging" that she would be untouchable.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Sat 11 Jul, 2020 10:17 am
The way I see it is this...

1) Attacking Tammy Duckworth for her positions is fair.

2) Attacking her for her disability is just nasty. It is best to not even bring it up (and if someone does, they deserve whatever pushback they get). Someone who is gravely injured in the service of the country deserves respect.

3) Questioning the patriotism of Tammy Duckworth is ridiculous and an offense to anyone who values service.

I felt the same way about Bob Dole and John McCain. I had no problem disagreeing with either of them. I never questioned their patriotism. Suggesting that Bob Dole or John McCain "hid behind their disability" would have been equally nonsensical.

0 Replies

Real Music
  Selected Answer

Reply Sat 11 Jul, 2020 10:26 am
@maxdancona,
1. Yes, there are several good potential choices that Biden could pick as his VP.

2. I could probably come up with a handful off the top of my head.

3. I personally believe that Susan Rice is clearly the best choice to be Joe Biden's VP pick.

1. Forums
  2. » There are three really good VP candidates.
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/15/2024 at 06:29:06