Dealing with Denial: Can any Trump supporter admit that Trump is losing?

Reply Mon 22 Jun, 2020 09:48 am
Any objective analysis will conclude that Trump is losing. The betting markets say Trump is losing. The polls say Trump is losing. The polls from conservative outlets say Trump is losing. The attendance at Trumps big rally say Trump is losing. Prominent conservatives saying they won't vote for Trump say Trump is losing.

And he is losing electoral race. And he is losing in key swing states like Florida and Wisconsin.

Is this really going to be Trump supporters in denial until November (or later)? Or can you read the writing on the wall.

justaguy2

Reply Mon 22 Jun, 2020 10:21 am
@maxdancona,
In answer to the question in the thread title, no, I seriously doubt it - look at any number of "trump threads" and the posts of his fanboys here alone.

Quote:
Is this really going to be Trump supporters in denial until November (or later)?

I'd say the answer to that question is "yes". And I doubt they will accept the result of your country's election if Biden wins and trump loses.

Quote:
Or can you read the writing on the wall.

In regards to trump's most loyal supporters, I doubt it. And likely in at least some cases it will be what you would call "willful ignorance" on the part of the average trump supporter/fanboy.

In regards to anyone looking at it in any objective way, then while I don't agree it's a foregone conclusion just yet, it's not looking good for trump at this point. But I still wouldn't count your chickens just yet, that said.
0 Replies

hightor

Reply Mon 22 Jun, 2020 10:57 am
Too early in the campaign to be making this sort of conclusion. A lot can happen in four months and the US electorate is notoriously fickle. Watch him roll out a big tax cut, announce the creation of a USA-made vaccine, and reveal that Melania is pregnant.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Mon 22 Jun, 2020 12:51 pm
What did the polls say last time?
izzythepush

Reply Mon 22 Jun, 2020 12:54 pm
@Brandon9000,
There you go again, telling everyone else what to do. Find your own polls. You’ve already said you only go outside for essentials so you’ve got plenty of time.
Brandon9000

Reply Mon 22 Jun, 2020 12:59 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
There you go again, telling everyone else what to do. Find your own polls. You’ve already said you only go outside for essentials so you’ve got plenty of time.

Geez, we all know exactly what the polls said the last time. It was rhetorical.
izzythepush

Reply Mon 22 Jun, 2020 01:01 pm
@Brandon9000,
I don’t know what they said. I don’t follow American news that closely.
maxdancona

Reply Mon 22 Jun, 2020 01:07 pm
@Brandon9000,
If you ignore Izzy, the conversation will be a lot better.

I assume you are talking about the 2016 polls. I would make the following points.

1) The national polls in 2016 were pretty accurate nationally.
2) It was the state polls that lead to a bad overall prediction. They missed by 5% or so in key states.
3) Some polling experts questioned the polls before the election happened. For example, the polling experts at 538 suggested that a Trump victory in 2016 was possible before it happened.
4) This time around the polling data is quite a bit worse for Trump in pretty much every way.

izzythepush

Reply Mon 22 Jun, 2020 01:18 pm
@maxdancona,
You’re another one who thinks he can tell everyone else what to do.

Why don’t you get your far right sock puppets to post on here so you can claim to be reasonable?

You’re not fooling anyone.
maxdancona

Reply Mon 22 Jun, 2020 01:27 pm
@izzythepush,
Hi Izzy
izzythepush

Reply Mon 22 Jun, 2020 01:28 pm
@maxdancona,
Hi Oralloy.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Mon 22 Jun, 2020 01:44 pm
@maxdancona,
Until November, he has the same chance of a win as anyone else.

Most people swore up and down that he would be defeated in 2016. You might recall how that went.

...for the record, I told folks in 2016 that Trump was likely going to win.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Mon 22 Jun, 2020 01:52 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
I don't follow American news that closely.

Usually a wise decision. My method is browse and choose. I also have the common sense to look over at Fox 'News' occasionally. Keeps me aware of their latest blather and lies. Many (most?) liberal democrats don't soil their fingers or eyes with Fox. Then too, most of the far right won't glance at CNN.

America, once so promising, now mainly uninformed.
izzythepush

Reply Mon 22 Jun, 2020 02:02 pm
@Sturgis,
I always found CNN a bit too right wing for my tastes.
0 Replies

neptuneblue

Reply Mon 22 Jun, 2020 08:23 pm
It is interesting that no Trump supporter has chosen to respond to your inquiry.

farmerman

Reply Mon 22 Jun, 2020 09:09 pm
@neptuneblue,
Trump announced that, 2020 will be the most "rigged" election in history. What if he wins??
"Oh I just lied"
justaguy2

Reply Tue 23 Jun, 2020 04:33 am
@farmerman,
Wasn't the 2016 election "rigged"... even though trump still won it anyway ?

I think you'll find if god forbid he wins another term, he'll say something to the effect of "they rigged it and the people still love me and re-elected me anyway. Because I'm such a great president" or some such dribble.

The reason why he's saying "it's rigged" isn't really because he thinks it actually is (although it doesn't mean he doesn't think the democrats along with the mainstream media would try to rig it), it's so if he loses, he can say "I told you they rigged it because they hate me" - a cover in case he loses. Basically setting up an argument "in the event of" him losing. It's very much a political strategy on trump's part, rather than anything else.

I'll be willing to bet if he loses, he won't accept it, and will likely take it to court.
farmerman

Reply Tue 23 Jun, 2020 12:35 pm
@justaguy2,
hes never been able to pprsent any facts or evidence about "rigging" os 2016. Id really like to see Biden debate him about such evidence.

Trump's 2016 campaign was brilliantly executed. His team counted electoral votes. Hillary's did not. Trump scored on having heard the wishes of untapped resources (, old white guys, old white HS and lower educated white guys, southerners and tea partiers ).
As weve seen in almost 4 years of his regime, he generally stands for nothing except his own wealth and his uninformed opinions. His capture of the GOP will quickly disappear if the Senate GOP discovers that their home constituencies have lost patience and respect foor Trump. His base will evaporate.

Ill be a happy camper if he goes down in a landslide for Biden.
TRUMP's memory must be repudiated
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Tue 23 Jun, 2020 05:35 pm
@neptuneblue,
neptuneblue wrote:
It is interesting that no Trump supporter has chosen to respond to your inquiry.
Brandon9000 wrote:
What did the polls say last time?
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Tue 23 Jun, 2020 05:47 pm
maxdancona wrote:
Is this really going to be Trump supporters in denial until November (or later)? Or can you read the writing on the wall.

I'd prefer it if he was doing better. But I think there is quite a bit that he can do to turn this around.

Taking charge of the National Guard and ordering them to restore order in Seattle will boost his popularity for example.

Prosecutions and long prison terms for these statue vandals will boost his popularity too.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Dealing with Denial: Can any Trump supporter admit that Trump is losing?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 01:35:48