Three meanings of the word "lynch".

Olivier5

Reply Tue 23 Jun, 2020 12:59 am
@oralloy,
And murder is not self-defense, except for cowards of course.
oralloy

Reply Tue 23 Jun, 2020 01:01 am
@Olivier5,
When you protect yourself from someone who is trying to harm you, that is self defense, not murder.
Olivier5

Reply Tue 23 Jun, 2020 01:08 am
@oralloy,
And when someone is NOT trying to hurt you, but you kill him neverthekess, it's murder. What you do here, with the blessing of a2k, is apologise for murderers, day in and day out.
oralloy

Reply Tue 23 Jun, 2020 01:10 am
@Olivier5,
That is incorrect. I have never apologized for a murderer.

I only justify cases of lawful self defense.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Tue 23 Jun, 2020 06:29 am
This is a silly argument.

Oralloy is factually wrong about what constitutes self-defense. His mistake could be fixed with a quick Google check, but instead he chooses to just make stuff up.

There is really no point to having a discussion when the basic premise is based on incorrect assumptions.
oralloy

Reply Tue 23 Jun, 2020 06:56 am
@maxdancona,
You cannot provide any examples of an untrue statement in my posts.

You should know by now that I can always see through your empty bluffing. Consider this bluff called too.
maxdancona

Reply Tue 23 Jun, 2020 07:05 am
@oralloy,
Really Oralloy, you should learn to google for yourself. The law varies from state to state, but the Minnesota statute seems appropriate.

Quote:
In order for the taking of a life to be justified for this reason, four conditions must be met.

First, the defendant’s act must have been done in the belief that it was necessary to avert death or great bodily harm.

Second, the judgment of the defendant as to the gravity of the peril to which (he) (she) (or another) was exposed must have been reasonable under the circumstances.

Third, the defendant’s election to defend must have been such as a reasonable person would have made in light of the danger perceived and the existence of any alternative way of avoiding the peril.

Fourth, there was no reasonable possibility of retreat to avoid the danger. All four conditions must be met.

https://lawofselfdefense.com/jury-instruction/mn-7-05-self-defense-generally/#:~:text=In%20Defense%20of%20Self%20%5B1%5D&text=No%20crime%20is%20committed%20when,death%20or%20great%20bodily%20harm.
oralloy

Reply Tue 23 Jun, 2020 07:09 am
@maxdancona,
The definition that you provided is consistent with my use of the term self defense.

I don't need to Google when I am already an expert in a subject.
maxdancona

Reply Tue 23 Jun, 2020 07:36 am
@oralloy,
The definition you gave above is (and I quote verbatim)

"When you protect yourself from someone who is trying to harm you, that is self defense, not murder."

oralloy

Reply Tue 23 Jun, 2020 07:38 am
@maxdancona,
My statement is consistent with your quote.

Your quote did go into more detail than my statement. But that does not mean that they contradict each other.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Fri 3 Jul, 2020 02:42 am
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:
neptuneblue wrote:
oralloy wrote:
I'd point a gun at a stranger who tried that with one of my cats. Although I don't think I would actually fire if he didn't try anything further.

This is totally irresponsible and dangerous. Weapons should not be used as an intimidation factor. You pull a gun, you use it. That's what it's there for, not for some trivialized situation that can be de-escalated in other ways.

I understand the doctrine that you are advocating. But I don't see any other response that would be appropriate to deal with the severity of the threat.

I changed my mind. You're right. If it ever gets to the point where my cats are in danger it's straight to the three S's.
Olivier5

Reply Mon 6 Jul, 2020 11:52 pm
@oralloy,
... the three S's...
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 04/23/2024 at 07:49:34