Kids in the sun

maxdog

Reply Sun 7 Jun, 2020 08:14 am
Why is not illegal to take your kids to the beach and for hours they play in the scorching sun . Why their parents are not being arrested?
Im talking the most for 3 to 8 year olds approxiamtely .
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 703 • Replies: 25

Region Philbis

Reply Sun 7 Jun, 2020 08:22 am
@maxdog,

responsible parents make sure their kids are slathered with sunscreen...
maxdog

Reply Sun 7 Jun, 2020 08:28 am
@Region Philbis,
Still not safe in my opinion. What s the guarantee that after 20 yrs they don t develope any disease because of the sun ? Are they gonna sue the sunscreen company then ? They will be permanently sick.
A law should be set .
Region Philbis

Reply Sun 7 Jun, 2020 08:35 am
@maxdog,

there are no guarantees in life, period...
maxdog

Reply Sun 7 Jun, 2020 08:46 am
@Region Philbis,
It s true but this can be avoided easily . It s only selfishness
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 7 Jun, 2020 08:55 am
When I was a boy me and my ten bros and sisses played in the sun at the river and beach like any normal people would. We didn't know what sun screen is and we all got through it just fine.
maxdog

Reply Sun 7 Jun, 2020 09:22 am
@edgarblythe,
I think you are joking , are you serious that you didin t consider the sun of back then and today s sun . ?do a quick little research ,you will know what I mean .
0 Replies

maxdog

Reply Sun 7 Jun, 2020 09:27 am
@edgarblythe,
By the way, those were times ,when we didin t need to import people because of the low birth rate because you were 11 kids in 1 family . Nowdays only 1 or 2 .
knaivete

Reply Sun 7 Jun, 2020 07:47 pm
@maxdog,
As it says in the song, it's the way you abortion the blame.

RABEL222

Reply Sun 7 Jun, 2020 08:29 pm
@maxdog,
I played in the sun when I was a kid and I am 84 years old. How do you explain that? And we had fobs of gun.
maxdog

Reply Sun 7 Jun, 2020 10:00 pm
@RABEL222,
I wrote that the sun got a lot more powerfull today. God bless for your age
0 Replies

maxdog

Reply Sun 7 Jun, 2020 10:01 pm
@knaivete,
And it means ?
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Mon 8 Jun, 2020 07:10 am
@maxdog,
maxdog wrote:

Why is not illegal to take your kids to the beach and for hours they play in the scorching sun . Why their parents are not being arrested?

Because there is potential for sunscreen, sitting under an umbrella, etc.

And quite honestly it is "normal" for kids to play outside. Granted too much sun is unhealthy and harmful, but so is about a billion other things.

Linkat

Reply Mon 8 Jun, 2020 07:13 am
@maxdog,
maxdog wrote:

Still not safe in my opinion. What s the guarantee that after 20 yrs they don t develope any disease because of the sun ? Are they gonna sue the sunscreen company then ? They will be permanently sick.
A law should be set .

There is no guarantee - and there are some kids that can play outside in the sun all day and will not develop any sun related diseases. And there are others that can be out in the sun for 15 minutes and get a really bad burn. Each child is different and some are more susceptible to sunburns and others are not.

maxdancona

Reply Mon 8 Jun, 2020 09:08 am
@maxdog,
maxdog wrote:

My kid spends 10 hours a day shut in her darkened room with her cell phone. It's another problem solved by technology.
Linkat

Reply Mon 8 Jun, 2020 10:02 am
@Linkat,
My parents told me to go outside and play in traffic.

I wish they took me to the beach and allowed me to get a sunburn!
0 Replies

maxdog

Reply Mon 8 Jun, 2020 10:02 am
@maxdancona,
Same here , it s awful
0 Replies

maxdog

Reply Mon 8 Jun, 2020 10:06 am
@Linkat,
But like I said this can be avoided easily, just go early or late to the beach, umbrellas should be uv protection now days, I have experience being burned under a normal one .
0 Replies

maxdog

Reply Mon 8 Jun, 2020 10:08 am
@Linkat,
Could be that it can make difference from one to another when it comes what they feel, but I think the uv rays will damage their cells any way .
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Mon 8 Jun, 2020 10:20 am
@maxdog,
maxdog wrote:

Still not safe in my opinion.

And that's fine, but others have different opinions. There are lots of people who want to restrict others' behaviors to match theirs, but remember that you do some things that others consider wrong. Maybe you wear mismatched socks or shorts that show your underwear or wear a hair style that some people don't like. It takes a pretty broad consensus in society to pass a law to restrict behavior and as you can see here, you are not in the majority.

1. Forums
  2. » Kids in the sun
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/21/2024 at 05:45:35