Ice Cream Trucks and COVID coming this summer!

Linkat

Reply Tue 2 Jun, 2020 07:16 am
So recently in the past month or so - about the covid time - I hear an ice cream truck almost every day going by my neighborhood. I think who the h*ll wants to buy ice cream from a truck now and is this essential? This was going on even prior to phase one starting.

I mean these things appear to be germ fests to begin with - even though I have and let the kiddies get ice cream from these things. How else are kids to build up their immune systems?

Well recently it was announced that one of our beachside towns was not allowing ice cream trucks this summer. But our town it is a free for all - even in my local town internet forum thing - someone ask on there if they could have the ice cream truck they hear in the distance to come down her road as there are multiple of little kids just dying to get their little grubby hands on those germ invested cannon balls, snow cones and sponge bob shaped ice creams.

So are ice cream trucks and COVID a good mix this summer?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 669 • Replies: 21
No top replies

maxdancona

Reply Tue 2 Jun, 2020 07:19 am
@Linkat,
Aren't ice cream trucks generally pretty hygienic?

All of the ice cream treats are individually wrapped. The kids aren't touching anything but their own dessert.

As long as social distancing is enforced, I don't see a problem.
Linkat

Reply Tue 2 Jun, 2020 07:27 am
@maxdancona,
Yeah it probably is cleaner than a lot of things.

Just seeing all those kids outside playing in the dirt (basically being kids) and they taking their greedy grimy hands with germy cash - and then afterwards their faces all sticky with chocolate.

It just reeks of dirt and sticky goodness.
mark noble

Reply Tue 2 Jun, 2020 11:52 am
@Linkat,
Associating: Ice-cream, germ-gateways, Trucks & covid (Your interpretation thereof) as, symbiotically-attached, NEGATIVE-RELATIVES is likely to 'Stick'.

'Negativity' doesn't care what you attach it to - As long as you ATTACH it.

Guess that saying's origin?

Have a Lovely Day
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Tue 2 Jun, 2020 12:31 pm
@Linkat,
You have a point about the cash (we are going to have to get these kids credit cards).

I am not at all worried about the chocolate.
Linkat

Reply Tue 2 Jun, 2020 12:58 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

You have a point about the cash (we are going to have to get these kids credit cards).

I am not at all worried about the chocolate.

Do you know what chocolate does to some kids? Makes them crazy hyper!
mark noble

Reply Tue 2 Jun, 2020 01:50 pm
@Linkat,
It's the sugar, in the mix, that fuels hyperactivity.
Sugar (Refined) has no purpose in the human body other than to facilitate chronic diseases, such as cancer (ALL types), diabetes and heart disease.

It's the primary 'physical' killer of homo-sapiens.
Slow, but sure.

'Stress' is the primary 'psychologically-induced' killer.

Have a Lovely Day
maxdancona

Reply Tue 2 Jun, 2020 01:51 pm
@mark noble,
Scientifically speaking ... Sugar does not cause hyperactivity in children. This is a myth.
mark noble

Reply Tue 2 Jun, 2020 02:04 pm
@maxdancona,
Keyword 'Glucose'
Typing 'scientifically speaking' is unnecessary when you're speaking scientifically.
What I stated is accurate.
Are you suggesting otherwise?
If so - That's brilliant.

Have a Lovely Day
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Tue 2 Jun, 2020 02:15 pm
@maxdancona,
chocolate has caffeine -
maxdancona

Reply Tue 2 Jun, 2020 03:04 pm
@Linkat,
Linkat wrote:

chocolate has caffeine -

A cup of coffee has 95mg of caffeine.
A cup of chocolate ice cream has 4mg of caffeine.

Scientific research has shown that parents will swear that sugar makes kids hyperactive just from the expectation of the parents. When you do a double blind study (so the parents don't know if their kids have been fed sugar or not) sugar has no effect on kids behavior.

I suspect the same effect could happen with 4mg of caffeine.

Linkat

Reply Tue 2 Jun, 2020 03:23 pm
@maxdancona,
You do realize I am joking through out this whole thing - --- right?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 2 Jun, 2020 05:57 pm
@Linkat,
Our neighbourhood ice cream trucks are out - as is the guy who sharpens knifes at a cart attached to his station wagon. Everyone's pretty damn happy to see them all.

Kids don't get their hands on the ice cream until after their parents have paid - the windows are pretty damn high. I can reach the counters, but just barely. Kids that want the ice cream are pretty much too short. The kids that are tall enough are too cool for the ice cream truck. They're going to the gourmet place a few blocks away.

I'm just waiting for it to be hot enough to order a banana split to share with Set. Really looking forward to it. I normally don't love soft serve but our guy makes great sundaes and splits - and his wagon wheel is amazing.

0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 2 Jun, 2020 05:59 pm
@Linkat,
Linkat wrote:
those germ invested cannon balls, snow cones and sponge bob shaped ice creams.

how is the virus getting in/on pre-packaged treats?
maxdancona

Reply Tue 2 Jun, 2020 06:58 pm
@ehBeth,
Linkat,

EhBeth has me on ignore... how about quoting my posts for her.

She has forgotten how much she is missing, and it doesn't make sense for you to have the same conversation twice.
izzythepush

Reply Wed 3 Jun, 2020 05:03 am
@Linkat,
Strangely enough I heard an ice cream van outside my house yesterday, but there was something wrong with it. It kept making crackling sounds like a starter motor misfiring. It wasn’t the starter motor though, it was part of the jingle, like an ice cream van from some sort of spoof horror film.

I had to go to the front door just to see what it was because it sounded a bit like an ice cream van, but not an actual one if that makes sense.

It wasn’t even selling ice creams just playing this terrible crackling jingle. After about five minutes it drove off.

I live just around the corner from a busy high street, we don’t get ice cream vans down here because there are two very good ice cream parlours just a couple of minutes walk away.

It was well weird.
Linkat

Reply Wed 3 Jun, 2020 07:02 am
@maxdancona,
I just feel like ignoring it - when I see someone has not read everything I just rather not respond.

ehBeth - you can go back and read through comments from what you said.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 3 Jun, 2020 07:14 am
@izzythepush,
some oddball just cranking "ice cream" truck music instead of thump thump thump music? Nothing surprises in the world we are living in now.
izzythepush

Reply Wed 3 Jun, 2020 07:44 am
@Linkat,
There was a definite ice cream van, it did sound like the chimes hadn’t been used since the 60s.

I live opposite a half way house for recovering addicts and there’s often weird stuff going on outside there.
Linkat

Reply Wed 3 Jun, 2020 08:02 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

There was a definite ice cream van, it did sound like the chimes hadn’t been used since the 60s.

I live opposite a half way house for recovering addicts and there’s often weird stuff going on outside there.

Maybe it wasn't ice cream he was selling. Maybe the van had a bit too much of what the driver was actually selling and was a bit stoned itself.

1. Forums
  2. » Ice Cream Trucks and COVID coming this summer!
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.09 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 05:00:05