Why are corona virus statistics going down even in places without lock downs?

Reply Thu 21 May, 2020 09:19 am
I am listening to all of the one-sided arguments on the Coronavirus threads. There is a simple question what none of the links or videos or explanations have been able to answer.

The number of corona virus cases and deaths have been going down everywhere, included in places like Sweden that have not been locked down. Yes, Sweden has more deaths than places around it, but the shape of the curve is similar to anyone else. You would expect that you would see a difference, where places that are not locking down are still seeing exponential growth.

It may be seasonal... but people are denying that. The data seem to be at odds with the most popular narratives.

Does anyone have an explanation?

Sturgis

Reply Thu 21 May, 2020 01:25 pm
Clearly the gubbermints is fudging the stats. It's the only way to calm people and get the economy back on track!

The seasonal idea won't be truly known until autumn returns (or maybe winter).
maxdancona

Reply Thu 21 May, 2020 01:39 pm
@Sturgis,
Sturgis wrote:

Clearly the gubbermints is fudging the stats. It's the only way to calm people and get the economy back on track!

All of them?
Sturgis

Reply Thu 21 May, 2020 01:51 pm
@maxdancona,
One can never be too sure.

Let's face it, from the start the numbers have been a twinge questionable.

There has also been a lack of educating people when citing the latest stats on cases. Of course there are more cases! There's more testing and testing sites than before. Why don't the number spouters say this? Instead they add to the terror of the people (well those who don't think it's all a hoax).
0 Replies

roger

Reply Thu 21 May, 2020 02:09 pm
@Sturgis,
Sturgis wrote:

The seasonal idea won't be truly known until autumn returns (or maybe winter).
I believe you. Still, if you ever trusted a government, it's getting very hard to maintain that belief.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Thu 21 May, 2020 04:08 pm
@maxdancona,
That's the problem - no one really knows. This is all new.

There are projections out there by very smart people, but none have experience with this virus.

Maybe it is going down. Maybe it is the calm before the storm - we won't know until it happens. There just is not enough information yet. And the only way unfortunately seems to be to wait and see.

And to be honest - I don't know who to believe as different people seem to have different agendas - even those that are trying to determine this for the overall safety - they seem short sighted on anything but the virus not the impact that it has on people holed up in their homes for months on end.

I am taking a wait and see - being cautious and careful but still trying to slowly do other things. Not sure if living closed up in my home for over a year to wait out a vaccine is any way to live.

Unless I hear from my brother that all of a sudden hospitals are getting overwhelmed or heading that way. Right now - from his perspective things are slowing.
maxdancona

Reply Thu 21 May, 2020 05:45 pm
@Linkat,
Yes Linkat, I think that excess hospital space is an important metric... and not one that can be faked.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Why are corona virus statistics going down even in places without lock downs?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/04/2024 at 05:30:36