Justifying 3 years of Lies

Reply Sat 9 May, 2020 11:49 am
Why is there almost complete silence about the Russian Hoax. There has to be a justification for ignoring the rule of law, the Bill of Rights, and abusing power?

What is it exactly? Anyone?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 920 • Replies: 47

Sturgis

Reply Sat 9 May, 2020 12:48 pm
When the topic headline appeared here, my thought was "finally, coldjoint admits that Trump is a liar!". The second thought was, "but the title misleads, as, Trump has been prevaricating for what'll be 74 years next month" .

Upon reading the content of the opening post, it became apparent,
coldjoint is still in her/his/other alternative facts daydream.
coldjoint

Reply Sat 9 May, 2020 12:57 pm
@Sturgis,
Quote:
alternative facts daydream.

Three years of lies from the media and the Democrats and bureaucrats. That is fact, not a daydream. Trying to insult me and Trump proves you have 0 to say.
Sturgis

Reply Sat 9 May, 2020 01:01 pm
@coldjoint,
Can you list and show any of the lies? Legitimate links only.
farmerman

Reply Sat 9 May, 2020 01:12 pm
@Sturgis,
"ITs" , Its ITS alternate facts world.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 9 May, 2020 01:16 pm
@coldjoint,
Jut because the Senate had acquitted him was an outcome we all knew was coming. It does NOT prove that the articles were a hoax, It merely states that the GOP has sold its soul to the dark side.

Remember it was the SENATE GOPS that voted NOT to allow specific evience to be presented. The TRIAL was a hoax, not the articles of impeachment.

Next,
coldjoint

Reply Sat 9 May, 2020 01:18 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
It does NOT prove that the articles were a hoax,

Show me one about Russian collusion that was the truth. I'll wait.
farmerman

Reply Sat 9 May, 2020 01:23 pm
@coldjoint,
That wasnt what the impeachment was even about.
coldjoint

Reply Sat 9 May, 2020 05:17 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
That wasnt what the impeachment was even about.

The impeachment was hoax number 2. This is the biggest story ever. Two out of three years a party in control of the House lied to the American public. Three years the media reported it as the truth. It is more than obvious the corruption that was the Obama administration will go down in history as one that attempted to subvert a presidency. Traitors.

The FACTS are all on Trump's side. Milk this virus because this is not going away.
farmerman

Reply Sat 9 May, 2020 06:03 pm
@coldjoint,
wow, an angry idiot is the worst kind. When you compile evidence instead of your defamatory bullshit, lemme know by peer reviewed communication .
Youre just too looney for words.
remember my First Amendment rights when you start accusatory ****
with your own own defamatory claims, like "traitors" You and Ollie are already close enough in skills deficit. Dont start trying to malign people because they think in polar opposite of you guys. I dont take well to implied threats that come with accusations like "traitor" ya prick .

Apparently Plump has you by your cerebral ganglia. Thats why Dems have big tent. Wed dont demand fealty to one dimensional thinking like you do.

coldjoint

Reply Sat 9 May, 2020 07:09 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
When you compile evidence instead of your defamatory bullshit, lemme know

The evidence has been compiled. The transcripts released say there was no evidence of collusion. Period. Schiff went on for three years saying there was evidence. Game over, you and the Democrats lose. Laughing Laughing Laughing
coldjoint

Reply Sat 9 May, 2020 07:12 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
I dont take well to implied threats that come with accusations like "traitor" ya prick .

Please post what you consider a threat. And when I called you a traitor. Or just stop lying. Your choice.
0 Replies

neptuneblue

Reply Sat 9 May, 2020 07:39 pm
@coldjoint,
Since there was no investigation into "collusion" with Russia, there's no charge against Trump for it. However, once he leaves Office, you bet he'll be investigated, charged, found GUILTY and sent to prison.

Mueller refutes Trump’s ‘no collusion, no obstruction’ line
‘We focused on whether the evidence was sufficient to charge any member of the campaign with taking part in a criminal conspiracy. It was not.’

By ANDREW DESIDERIO AND KYLE CHENEY 7/24/19, 3:21 PM CET Updated 7/24/19, 4:50 PM CET

Former special counsel Robert Mueller pushed back against U.S. President Donald Trump’s characterizations of his 22-month investigation, telling lawmakers on Wednesday that he did not evaluate “collusion” with the Russian government, and confirming that his report did not conclude that there was “no obstruction” of the probe.

“The president was not exculpated for the acts that he allegedly committed,” Mueller told the House judiciary committee, adding that Trump could theoretically be indicted after he leaves office.

“We did not address ‘collusion,’ which is not a legal term,” Mueller added. “Rather, we focused on whether the evidence was sufficient to charge any member of the campaign with taking part in a criminal conspiracy. It was not.”

When Mueller walked into a Capitol Hill hearing room, he carried with him the power to hobble Trump’s presidency — and Democrats were straining to ensure that he did, while Republicans looked to wound his credibility.

But Mueller is working hard to deprive either party of substantive political ammunition.

The U.S. president fired off tweets before the hearing even began, calling Mueller “highly conflicted” and venting over the scope of his investigation.

In his opening statement, Mueller foreshadowed a tightly scripted hearing on the findings contained in his 448-page report, which chronicles dozens of contacts between the Trump campaign and Russia, as well as 10 potential instances of obstruction of justice by Trump. Mueller himself has said he prefers to let the report be “my testimony” and didn’t even agree to testify until he was subpoenaed in June by two House committees.

“I do not intend to summarize or describe the results of our work in a different way in the course of my testimony today,” Mueller said. “As I said on May 29: the report is my testimony. And I will stay within that text.”

He later added: “I also will not comment on the actions of the attorney general or of Congress. I was appointed as a prosecutor, and I intend to adhere to that role and to the department’s standards that govern it.”

Underscoring the challenge for lawmakers, the Justice Department told Mueller on Monday that his testimony “must remain within the boundaries of your public report” because Trump made a broad assertion of executive privilege over the evidence underpinning the report.

Mueller said of those restrictions: “These are Justice Department privileges that I will respect.”

Still, House judiciary committee Chairman Jerry Nadler (D-N.Y.) hinted at impeachment in his opening statement.

“Director Mueller, we have a responsibility to address the evidence you have uncovered. You recognized as much when you said ‘the constitution requires a process other than the criminal justice system to formally accuse a sitting president of wrongdoing,’” Nadler said. “That process begins with the work of this committee.”

Mueller also decided at the last minute to tap a top deputy to sit alongside him during his appearance, a move that came despite the Justice Department's opposition to Mueller's deputies participating in the hearings, suggesting Mueller isn't necessarily planning to adhere to every directive coming from the administration.

Trump also denounced the decision in a tweet Wednesday morning, saying that he would never have consented to it.

"It was NEVER agreed that Robert Mueller could use one of his many Democrat Never Trumper lawyers to sit next to him and help him with his answers," he tweeted. "This was specifically NOT agreed to."

The president fired off at least six more tweets before the hearing even began, calling Mueller “highly conflicted” and venting over the scope of his investigation.

“So Democrats and others can illegally fabricate a crime, try pinning it on a very innocent President, and when he fights back against this illegal and treasonous attack on our Country, they call It Obstruction? Wrong! Why didn’t Robert Mueller investigate the investigators?” Trump wrote.

Still, the likelihood that Mueller will abide by DOJ limitations will present an obstacle for Democrats seeking answers to questions about Mueller’s legal theories and the deliberative process surrounding his investigation. His refusal to answer those types of questions is also likely to prevent Republicans from gleaning meaningful answers from Mueller about the composition of his investigative team, which some Republican lawmakers have said was biased against Trump from the beginning.

Mueller arrived to the Rayburn House office building shortly before 8 a.m., flanked by a large security detail and a team of advisers. He didn’t respond to shouted questions on his way into a holding room.

Judiciary committee staff also outfitted the room with a monitor facing Mueller’s chair, where he’ll come face to face with excerpts of his report — some of which Democrats intend to ask him to read aloud. A PowerPoint file titled “MuellerFinals” was visible on the screen.

A large line of Capitol Hill interns and staff was lined up outside the hearing room — including a group of six interns who said they began lining up at 6 p.m. Tuesday and slept in the building overnight to ensure they were first in line.

The hearing will present an even greater challenge for Democrats already girding to impeach Trump, who have been counting on Mueller’s appearance to energize their effort and inspire dozens of fence-sitting colleagues to join them even as Speaker Nancy Pelosi has been steadfast in her resistance to the effort.

Mueller’s report on the Trump campaign’s contacts with Russia includes a 200-page volume chronicling Trump’s repeated efforts to thwart his investigation. He documented 10 episodes of potential obstruction of justice by Trump, describing in detail the president’s persistent efforts to derail Mueller’s work and constrain the scope of his probe.

But Mueller noted at the outset that he faced significant constraints on his ability to investigate Trump — chief among them a long-standing Justice Department policy that prohibits the criminal indictment of a sitting president.

Mueller said the existence of this policy led him to determine early on that he would not decide whether to formally allege that Trump committed a crime. Mueller also revealed that Trump refused to submit to an interview about obstruction allegations, but the special counsel’s team decided not to issue a subpoena to compel the president’s testimony.

Mueller’s report paints a damning portrait of Trump’s behavior in the weeks and months after the special counsel was appointed. In each of the 10 episodes he cataloged, Mueller pointed to the three elements of obstruction of justice charges and determined that Trump met all three in several instances. His analysis led hundreds of former prosecutors to issue a letter declaring that Trump would have been charged with obstruction were he not the president.

Trump refused to submit to an in-person interview and only submitted written responses on questions related to his campaign’s contacts with Russia.

Mueller’s evidence focused primarily on his efforts to sideline the Russia investigation. For example, Trump asked his former White House Counsel Don McGahn to remove Mueller and then create a false record denying that it happened, the investigation found. Mueller’s team also found that Trump attempted to enlist his former campaign manager Corey Lewandowski to pressure former Attorney General Jeff Sessions to curb the investigation.

In both cases, Trump sought others’ assistance to carry out his wishes, and in both cases, his aides told Mueller they refused to comply with those directives.

Mueller also found that Trump’s actions toward several witnesses — including former campaign chairman Paul Manafort, former National Security Adviser Michael Flynn and former personal lawyer Michael Cohen — may have amounted to obstruction. He pointed to Trump’s public statements decrying treatment of Flynn and Manafort as unfair, while disparaging members of Cohen’s family and accusing his father-in-law of potential crimes.

When the intelligence committee grills Mueller Wednesday afternoon, Democrats intend to focus on Trump’s welcoming of Russian help in the election — from his overt suggestion that they obtain Hillary Clinton’s emails to revelations unearthed by Mueller about the campaign’s media strategy built around WikiLeaks’ dump of hacked Democratic emails.

Democrats also intend to press Mueller on areas he didn’t pursue. Mueller revealed that he was repeatedly blocked from pulling certain investigative threads because witnesses used encrypted communications, deleted messages or claimed their communications were lost. Others, Mueller said, exercised their Fifth Amendment rights not to testify.

Trump himself refused to submit to an in-person interview and only submitted written responses on questions related to his campaign’s contacts with Russia. Mueller ultimately opted against subpoenaing the president, and his son Donald Trump Jr. was also not interviewed, despite his role as a central figure in a 2016 meeting between senior campaign staffers and a lawyer with ties to the Russian government.
coldjoint

Reply Sat 9 May, 2020 07:45 pm
@neptuneblue,
Quote:
7/24/19, 3:21 PM CET Updated 7/24/19, 4:50 PM CET

Old news. The Democrats and the Obama administration and its weaponized agencies have been caught red handed. This is going to be fun.
farmerman

Reply Sat 9 May, 2020 07:54 pm
@coldjoint,
evidence against Trump has been compiled and, as you know, the entire investigation did not limit itself to one area that efined interference by a foreign power to influence and election. Like on Bill Clinton, Starr did not limit his investigations, and were it not for Bill's happy pants, there would have been no case. BUT, like Clinton who also was impached and found Not Guilty, Trump was given a political get out of jail card by his enabler and buddies.
Mueller , as Neptuneblue has presented nicely, did NOT find Trump innocent. I think after he loses in Nov. he will be charged for several things, civil and criminal.
Emoluments will be among the top.

Dont kid yourself , hes running scared and his demeanor has gotten even more erratic.

Youre right, this will be fun (emojis are forthe simple headed)

neptuneblue

Reply Sat 9 May, 2020 07:57 pm
@coldjoint,
Is that all the words you can read? Here, let's play it again for you...

“The president was not exculpated for the acts that he allegedly committed,” Mueller told the House judiciary committee, adding that Trump could theoretically be indicted after he leaves office.

“We did not address ‘collusion,’ which is not a legal term,” Mueller added. “Rather, we focused on whether the evidence was sufficient to charge any member of the campaign with taking part in a criminal conspiracy. It was not.”

He's gone.
coldjoint

Reply Sat 9 May, 2020 08:22 pm
@neptuneblue,
Quote:
the acts that he allegedly committed

Alleged is not guilt. They have 0 on Trump, or he would be gone. A child could tell you that. They have been caught. Period.
coldjoint

Reply Sat 9 May, 2020 08:25 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
Dont kid yourself , hes running scared and his demeanor has gotten even more erratic.

I am not, you are. Where is the threat you talked about. Where did I call you a traitor?
0 Replies

neptuneblue

Reply Sat 9 May, 2020 08:45 pm
@coldjoint,
A sitting President cannot be indicted. However, expect an investigation immediately upon departure.
coldjoint

Reply Sat 9 May, 2020 08:56 pm
@neptuneblue,
Quote:
A sitting President cannot be indicted. However, expect an investigation immediately upon departure.

Then bring it up in January 2025.

1. Forums
  2. » Justifying 3 years of Lies
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/16/2024 at 06:38:39