Was New Jersey Governor Murphy being ethical?

Reply Fri 1 May, 2020 10:34 am
Yesterday, our governor signed an EO opening our parks and golf courses here in New Jersey. The day before, he had a meeting with Trump…and came out of the meeting saying good things about him. (I think Gov. Murphy had a sardonic smile on his face while making the comments, but that may just be me.)

Keep in mind that Trump does most of his summer golfing right here in New Jersey at the golf course he owns just a few miles from where I live. I am sure Trump is VERY happy that golf courses, particularly his, are now open in New Jersey.

The question arises: Does it make sense to butter-up (or ass-kiss) a guy like Trump in order to get a bit more consideration and flex for our state?

Ass-kissing, has always seemed to me to be rather questionable ethical conduct, but with the current situation, I seem to be back tracking on that.

My current rationalization goes: A kiss is just a little thing…and the ass being kissed is enormous. (Admittedly feeble rationalizing.)

So...is ass-kissing on the part of our governor under these circumstances reasonably ethical...and, in fact, the right thing to do for those of us who live in New Jersey?

Joe Nation

Reply Fri 1 May, 2020 01:46 pm
@Frank Apisa,
It's always dangerous to ass kiss a narcissistic sociopath, was it necessary to do so in this case? No, IMO, and I don't think NJ will see any positive results (except for the uptick in cases.)
Joe(never kiss on the first date)Nation
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Fri 1 May, 2020 03:56 pm
Not unless he can get a cart.

In Michigan, the golfing industry has a 4.2 billion $$ economic impact, wage contributions of 1.4 billion, and 58,000 jobs. Our governor wisely opened golf courses this week.
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Fri 1 May, 2020 04:22 pm
So, what is NJ getting out of it? What is it sacrificing?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 1 May, 2020 04:40 pm
One golfer out there at a time. No groups. No carts.

It's possible.

I don't think many golfers will be able to maintain their distance esp if there are 19th hole carts travelling around.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 3 May, 2020 11:03 am
The rules are these:

No walk-on's...everyone has to book a time slot. You can only book a twosome. NO threesomes or foursomes will be allowed, unless the players are relatives. (This will be checked before being allowed.)

Payment must be in advance via credit card. No money accepted at course.

Starting times are spaced 16 minutes apart rather than 9. You cannot show up until 10 minutes before tee time. You have to stay in your car if you are earlier.

One cart...one person. Husband and wife or domestic partners can share a cart.

No "touchable items on the course." No ball washers, bunker rakes, pins will be unremoveable and will have a collar at the hole so the ball will not go down to the bottom. No scorecards of pencils will be furnished.

No skill honing activity...practice ranges and practice putting greens will be closed.

Starters (I am a starter two days a week for the free golf)..are to clean and sanitize each cart as it is returned.

Here is a picture of some South Korean workers doing "sanitizing."

https://ichef.bbci.co.uk/news/1024/cpsprodpb/D23C/production/_111002835_060157946.jpg

The course mentioned that they would be furnishing the starters with masks and gloves.

I declined to return for now.

0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Was New Jersey Governor Murphy being ethical?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 06:40:11