Can Yahweh always do what he wills, or can people thwart him?

DiscipleDave

Reply Sun 24 May, 2020 09:18 pm
@Greatest I am,
Greatest I am wrote:
They show an all-powerful god whose plan and will cannot be thwarted or derailed, while at the same time indicating that he cannot do his will and that people can derail his plan to save everyone.

Again, you are revealing your lack of knowledge of the Scriptures. It is, nor ever was God's plan to Save everyone, who is whispering that to you? That is nowhere in all of Scriptures.

2Pe 3:9  The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance. 

If i say i am not willing that anyone eat unhealthy, does that mean to you that i am saying i KNOW everyone is going to eat healthy?

God does not want one person to end up in Hell, that is absolutely True, but just because that is what God wants does not mean that is what God is going to get.

God never wanted a war in Heaven, and yet there was a war in Heaven. God never desired that one of His Angels would start a coo and try to take over the Kingdom of Heaven, and yet it happened. God is not willing, nor ever did will that sin exist, and yet because of Lucifer is was created. You do error not understanding Scriptures.

God never said NONE would perish, God was clear, which it seems you do not understand, that it is His DESIRE that none perish.
0 Replies

DiscipleDave

Reply Sun 24 May, 2020 09:24 pm
@Greatest I am,
1Ti 2:4  Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth. 

i would have all humans Love One Another. Does that mean i think all humans will Love One Another, just because i want them to? Lol

God would have all humans saved, does not mean all humans will be Saved.

Greatest I am wrote:
If you do, you cannot believe in hell. You would not think god a loser by believing he saves us all, as his will indicates. Those scriptures say he has no need of a hell for us.

What those Scriptures actually teach and what you think they mean are two entirely different teachings. God is NOT going to Save us all like you seem to think those verses teach, it is clear that even children could understand them, that it is His desire that all be Saved, He does not say, nor ever has said that all will be saved, as you seem to think He did. How old are you by the way?
DiscipleDave

Reply Sun 24 May, 2020 09:28 pm
@Leadfoot,
Leadfoot wrote:
KJV is my go to version.
When I read it, it looks like both Hell an death are utterly eliminated (along with Satan et al) from any existence at the end of the story.

There is absolutely no verse in all of Scriptures that teach the above statement, i would be interested to see the verses that you interpret to mean that.
Leadfoot

Reply Mon 25 May, 2020 03:52 am
@DiscipleDave,
Did you read to the end of the book?
What do you make of this part? (Emphasis mine)

Quote:
Revelation 20:13-15 KJV
[13] And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works. [14] And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. [15] And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

mark noble

Reply Mon 25 May, 2020 10:11 am
@Greatest I am,
What is 'yahweh', please?

Be specific.

Have a lovely Day
Greatest I am

Reply Sun 31 May, 2020 06:00 pm
@DiscipleDave,
DiscipleDave wrote:

1Ti 2:4  Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth. 

i would have all humans Love One Another. Does that mean i think all humans will Love One Another, just because i want them to? Lol

Greatest I am wrote:
If you do, you cannot believe in hell. You would not think god a loser by believing he saves us all, as his will indicates. Those scriptures say he has no need of a hell for us.

What those Scriptures actually teach and what you think they mean are two entirely different teachings. God is NOT going to Save us all like you seem to think those verses teach, it is clear that even children could understand them, that it is His desire that all be Saved, He does not say, nor ever has said that all will be saved, as you seem to think He did. How old are you by the way?

Ya ya. My reading is always that of a stupid person as compared to you, Einstein.

Continue to put your limitations on god all you like.

Put them on my ability tread and comprehend and be ignored you ignorant piece of genocidal god loving garbage.

Regards
DL
0 Replies

Greatest I am

Reply Mon 1 Jun, 2020 05:59 pm
@DiscipleDave,
DiscipleDave wrote:

Greatest I am wrote:

On Jesus dying for our unjust verdict. You joke, Yes?

Yahweh's justice is defective. So says the bible in the quotes below.

On Jesus dying , myths never die.

It takes quite an inflated ego to think a god would actually die for you, after condemning you unjustly in the first place.

You have swallowed a lie and don’t care how evil you make Jesus to keep your feel good get out of hell free card.

It is a lie, first and foremost because, like it or not, having another innocent person suffer or die for the wrongs you have done, --- so that you might escape responsibility for having done them, --- is immoral. To abdicate your personal responsibility for your actions or use a scapegoat is immoral.

You also have to ignore what Jesus, as a Jewish Rabbi, would have taught his people.

Ezekiel 18:20 The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.

Deuteronomy 24:16 (ESV) "Fathers shall not be put to death because of their children, nor shall children be put to death because of their fathers. Each one shall be put to death for his own sin.

Psa 49;7 None of them can by any means redeem his brother, nor give to God a ransom for him:

There is no way that you would teach your children to use a scapegoat to escape their just punishments and here you are doing just that.

Jesus is just a smidge less immoral than his demiurge genocidal father, and here you are trying to put him as low in moral fibre as Yahweh.

Regards
DL
0 Replies

Greatest I am

Reply Mon 1 Jun, 2020 06:03 pm
@mark noble,
mark noble wrote:

What is 'yahweh', please?

Be specific.

Have a lovely Day

Fiction. An evil god that Christians of today see as good.

Jesus is pissed. If real, he would smite the world.

Regards
DL
mark noble

Reply Tue 2 Jun, 2020 07:34 am
@Greatest I am,
As you know, GIA, I have no affiliation to any one belief-system (Epicureanism is moreso, my footstool) - 'God' is just a word - Yet it invokes many a minds' imagination/s.
Each mind imagines a version of God, relative to personal persuasion.

In my personal persuasion - God is Everything - And Everything bears the image thereof.

I enjoy your 'Gnostic' input
Have a Lovely Day
DiscipleDave

Reply Sat 6 Jun, 2020 02:57 pm
@Leadfoot,
Leadfoot wrote:
KJV is my go to version.
When I read it, it looks like both Hell an death are utterly eliminated (along with Satan et al) from any existence at the end of the story.

DiscipleDave wrote:
There is absolutely no verse in all of Scriptures that teach the above statement, i would be interested to see the verses that you interpret to mean that.

Leadfoot wrote:
Did you read to the end of the book?
What do you make of this part? (Emphasis mine)

Revelation 20:13-15 KJV
[13] And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works. [14] And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. [15] And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

You do error thinking that Hell and Death are eliminated. You are assuming they are eliminated because they are cast into the Lake of Fire. You do error thinking that.

People try to understand this. SPIRITS are IMMORTAL, they can't be killed, they can't die, they can't cease to exist.

When Jesus created the angel Lucifer, Jesus created Him an IMMORTAL. God can't kill Him, nor can Lucifer die, because God made him IMMORTAL. So then because they can't remain in Heaven, a place has to be created to confine him, where he and all those that follow him, will remain for all eternity. They are all cast into the Lake of Fire at the Great White Throne Judgment.

Lucifer, right now is NOT dead. God has to deal with him on a daily basis. Satans first death, was being kicked out of Heaven. his second death will be when he is cast into the Lake of Fire. But when satan is finally cast into the Lake of Fire, which is his second death, It is NOT a physical death, but a Spiritual Death. Separation from all things belonging to God. The Lake of Fire is a place that will confine satan and all those who choose to follow the ways of satan, to be held for all eternity. They do not cease to exist.

Humans, the first death is the death of the physical body. Those who have accepted Jesus Christ and Love One Another will never experience the second death. But those who are rejected admittance into Heaven, at the Great White Throne Judgment will rise to be Judged and then cast into the Lake of Fire, experiencing the Second Death, a Spiritual Death, separated from all things God. (Love, Joy, Happiness, Peace, Health, etc)
DiscipleDave

Reply Sat 6 Jun, 2020 03:06 pm
@Greatest I am,
Greatest I am wrote:

You are not wrong. He is Returning one day, and He will destroy ever single wicked person on the planet. Very bad times are coming for this generation.
Leadfoot

Reply Sun 7 Jun, 2020 12:27 pm
@DiscipleDave,
Quote:
You do error thinking that Hell and Death are eliminated. You are assuming they are eliminated because they are cast into the Lake of Fire. You do error thinking that.

People try to understand this. SPIRITS are IMMORTAL, they can't be killed, they can't die, they can't cease to exist.

When you begin pontificating, any real conversation stops.

So you are saying God brought us into existence but it’s not possible for God to take us out, and death doesn’t mean dead.
0 Replies

Greatest I am

Reply Tue 21 Jul, 2020 10:34 am
@mark noble,
mark noble wrote:

As you know, GIA, I have no affiliation to any one belief-system (Epicureanism is moreso, my footstool) - 'God' is just a word - Yet it invokes many a minds' imagination/s.
Each mind imagines a version of God, relative to personal persuasion.

In my personal persuasion - God is Everything - And Everything bears the image thereof.

I enjoy your 'Gnostic' input
Have a Lovely Day

Thanks buddy.

All who like to think and pay attention to morals will know that when Christianity sent it's inquisitors out to end us, they ended those who were known as the only good Christians.

Why? Likely because we rejected the genocidal prick, Yahweh, as our god.

Regards
DL
0 Replies

Greatest I am

Reply Tue 21 Jul, 2020 10:37 am
@DiscipleDave,
DiscipleDave wrote:

Greatest I am wrote:

You are not wrong. He is Returning one day, and He will destroy ever single wicked person on the planet. Very bad times are coming for this generation.

You are one pathetic piece of garbage.

Jesus, in scriptures, says he came to cure the sinners, not kill them, and here you are making him kill when he says he is a curing god and not a killing god.

Ass holes like to have god kill instead of cure.

Regards
DL
0 Replies