Prairie Oysters and other hangover cures?

Reply Fri 17 Apr, 2020 01:55 pm
It's likely I'll never need to make and consume one of these ... but it's neat to just learn about these post-train wreck morning cures. What kind of hangover cures have you come across? Personally, used?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 723 • Replies: 3
No top replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 18 Apr, 2020 05:39 am
@tsarstepan,
Ate em once , deep fried in a restaurant in Golden Colo. They were kinda mealy and didnt really have much of a taste. I cannot see, Eating em raw , to me that's like giving a bull a blow job. (Not that theres anything wrong with that)
tsarstepan

Reply Sat 18 Apr, 2020 11:14 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

Ate em once , deep fried in a restaurant in Golden Colo. They were kinda mealy and didnt really have much of a taste. I cannot see, Eating em raw , to me that's like giving a bull a blow job. (Not that theres anything wrong with that)

Aren't those Rockie Mountain oysters rather than Prairie Oysters (a hangover cure involving a raw egg)?

I guess there's a bit of some slang overlap. Prairie Oysters are both bull's special bits as well as a hangover cure. Learn something new every day.
Quote:
Rocky Mountain oysters, or mountain oysters,[1] or meat balls, also known as prairie oysters in Canada (French: animelles), is a dish made of bull testicles. The organs are often deep-fried after being skinned, coated in flour, pepper and salt, and sometimes pounded flat. This delicacy is most often served as an appetizer.[2]
farmerman

Reply Sat 18 Apr, 2020 11:21 am
@tsarstepan,
delicay??? its offal stuff!!
0 Replies