Is "myself included" correct or not needed?

Reply Sat 4 Apr, 2020 09:27 am
Singapore belongs to Singaporeans and not to the PAP. No doubt many Singaporeans, myself included are grateful that the first generation leaders got us onto the right track for good economic development. That does not mean that we approve of undemocratic methods to entrench themselves in power. If the people chooses to let PAP continue to be the vastly dominant ruling party, that will be their choice but it should not be because of threats over their own well-being.

Is "myself included" correct or not needed?

Thanks.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 4 • Views: 1,383 • Replies: 7

engineer

Reply Sat 4 Apr, 2020 09:33 am
@tanguatlay,
It is both correct and needed. It makes it clear that the author holds the opinion mentioned.
maxdancona

Reply Sat 4 Apr, 2020 09:33 am
@tanguatlay,
It is correct. It adds meaning to the sentence (the writer is emphasizing their point of view). I would put a comma after "included".
tanguatlay

Reply Sat 4 Apr, 2020 12:11 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

It is correct. It adds meaning to the sentence (the writer is emphasizing their point of view). I would put a comma after "included".
Thanks.
0 Replies

tanguatlay

Reply Sat 4 Apr, 2020 12:12 pm
@engineer,
engineer wrote:

It is both correct and needed. It makes it clear that the author holds the opinion mentioned.
Thanks.
0 Replies

knaivete

Reply Sat 4 Apr, 2020 08:45 pm
@tanguatlay,
Quote:
threats over their own well-being.

Can you suggest improvements to this phrase?
maxdancona

Reply Sat 4 Apr, 2020 08:54 pm
@knaivete,
that will be their choice but it should not be because of threats to their own well-being.

I would probably break that last sentence into two separate sentences (but that is a different issue).
knaivete

Reply Sat 4 Apr, 2020 09:16 pm
@maxdancona,
Lovely work Miss Tan Guatlay Maxdancona.

Threats to their wellbeing is how it's put in British English.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Is "myself included" correct or not needed?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/19/2024 at 12:00:46