Hope everyone is safe...and well!

Reply Thu 2 Apr, 2020 03:43 pm
Nancy and I are bunkered down with our cats...and doing nicely considering being together all the time can be a bit trying...especially with a cranky old crab like me.

Luckily, we decided not to actually go through any rituals since that first blind date 38 years ago...so divorce lawyers are not in our immediate future.

Hope you guys are all good.

Tough times. Wish we were going through it with a different captain at the helm of the Ship of State, but we gotta make do with what we've got.

Stay well...stay safe.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 11 • Views: 2,068 • Replies: 26

izzythepush

Reply Thu 2 Apr, 2020 04:26 pm
@Frank Apisa,
America hasn’t cornered the market on fuckwit leaders with bad hair.

Take care.
Borat Sister

Reply Thu 2 Apr, 2020 05:37 pm
@izzythepush,
You can say that again.

At least our fuckwit only has dork hair, not crazy fuckwit hair
McGentrix

Reply Fri 3 Apr, 2020 08:35 am
@Frank Apisa,
Cheers, Frank.
Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 3 Apr, 2020 10:20 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

America hasn’t cornered the market on fuckwit leaders with bad hair.

Take care.

I've noticed that. Your guy seems to be mocking ours...but they may just be twins separated at birth.

Stay safe, Iz.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 3 Apr, 2020 10:21 am
@McGentrix,
McGentrix wrote:

Cheers, Frank.

Thanks, Mc. Good to see ya.

Stay safe.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Fri 3 Apr, 2020 11:45 am
All is good here in NYC, land of the lunatic mayor (some days he sounds sensible, says sensible things, other times, sounds as if he's smoking/ingesting too much m.j.).

Our Governor, as well as yours in Jersey is doing a great job.

Stay safe and well.
Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 3 Apr, 2020 01:15 pm
@Borat Sister,
Borat Sister wrote:

You can say that again.

At least our fuckwit only has dork hair, not crazy fuckwit hair

Hello, Borat.

Don't remember you. Were you here under another name at some point?
Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 3 Apr, 2020 01:19 pm
@Sturgis,
Sturgis wrote:

All is good here in NYC, land of the lunatic mayor (some days he sounds sensible, says sensible things, other times, sounds as if he's smoking/ingesting too much m.j.).

Hey, Sturgis, long time no "see."

(Didn't know you were a Big Apple guy. We all used to meet so often in various watering holes in The City.)

diBlasion has moments where he sounds totally on top of things. My opinion of him has grown a lot since this virus thing began. He certainly sounds more in command than the main command character in DC.

Quote:
Our Governor, as well as yours in Jersey is doing a great job.

Incredible...both of them. Neither was at the top of my favorites list...but both are now way up there. Glad the Governors are taking the reins. Obviously, no one else has a grip on 'em.

Quote:
Stay safe and well.

You too.
Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 3 Apr, 2020 04:40 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Yeah, the whole thing really sucks, big time. I am o.k., but I find myself reaching for the tranquilizers more often than usual. Whenever I do go outside, I keep hearing the theme song from "The Twilight Zone" in my head. It is so weirdly quiet.

My area has grown tremendously in the last few years. On the other side of the highway is an Amazon warehouse. Many new developments have been built, and was once a quiet main drag is now usually bumper to bumper. But not today. I was shocked as the light traffic level......just like the old days.

Thus morning the supermarket opened at eight. I got there about 8:07. Many people had toilet paper in their carts. I immediately went to the paper aisle and there was................nothing.

I keep thinking that this can't go on forever.
Region Philbis

Reply Fri 3 Apr, 2020 06:54 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
Hello, Borat.

that's dlowan...

<waves at Frank>
McGentrix

Reply Fri 3 Apr, 2020 10:05 pm
@Region Philbis,
Region Philbis wrote:

that's dlowan...

Shocked

I didn't know that.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Fri 3 Apr, 2020 10:48 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Good to see you Frank, Stay safe.
Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 5 Apr, 2020 05:14 am
@Phoenix32890,
It cannot go on forever, Phoenix, but I suspect it will seem like FOREVER before our world rights itself completely from this scourge.

At my age, I am doubting I will EVER again feel comfortable in crowded situations. A ride on the subway during a visit to New York is not something I think I will feel comfortable doing.

The fewer cars is a welcome thing...as are the fewer planes. We live close to the landing and holding patterns for Newark Airport...and the relief from the drone of planes is remarkable.

Stay safe. Keep your spirits up.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 5 Apr, 2020 05:16 am
@Region Philbis,
Region Philbis wrote:

Quote:
Hello, Borat.

that's dlowan...

<waves at Frank>

Aha...well, dlowan...I do remember you.

Anyway, my guess it will be a very long time before we sit across from each other in a New York deli again, Region. Hope you guys are well...and safe.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 5 Apr, 2020 05:17 am
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:

Good to see you Frank, Stay safe.

Thanks, Glit. Good to see you, too.

Stay safe, yourself.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Mon 6 Apr, 2020 08:56 am
Down in small town Texas, Frank. Half of us are taking this very seriously, the other half take it as big joke. When it finally hits hard (we only have two or three cases) it will get crazy.
oralloy

Reply Thu 23 Apr, 2020 09:34 am
@Frank Apisa,
Good to see you're still with us.

Are you keeping tabs on the gun rights case at the Supreme Court? It's possible that the nation will be getting some good news in a couple months.
Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 23 Apr, 2020 11:39 am
@bobsal u1553115,
bobsal u1553115 wrote:

Down in small town Texas, Frank. Half of us are taking this very seriously, the other half take it as big joke. When it finally hits hard (we only have two or three cases) it will get crazy.

Yeah, Bobsal, at some point it gets serious for everyone.

0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 23 Apr, 2020 11:40 am
@oralloy,

oralloy wrote:

Good to see you're still with us.

Are you keeping tabs on the gun rights case at the Supreme Court? It's possible that the nation will be getting some good news in a couple months.

Good to see you too, Oralloy.

Lately, all I've been following is news about the virus.

I've tried to stay away from any news coming from the SCOTUS.

1. Forums
  2. » Hope everyone is safe...and well!
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 04:45:19