THE MOST PERVASIVE ASPECT OF THE PANDEMIC

Setanta

Reply Wed 25 Mar, 2020 11:30 pm
Which is boredom. So how are you coping with social distancing? How are you dealing with staying home?

(A tip of the hat to the wabbit.)

roger

Reply Thu 26 Mar, 2020 12:06 am
@Setanta,
Don't know. I'm probably spending exactly as much time at home as I was last year. Then, it was by choice. Now, it feels like being under house arrest.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 26 Mar, 2020 12:29 am
Do you have to wear one of those bracelets?

I take a long walk every day. It has come down to walking the alleys and quiet residential neighborhoods because so many people really don't seem to get the idea of social distancing.
roger

Reply Thu 26 Mar, 2020 01:27 am
@Setanta,
No, honest. Anyway, they use ankle bands now.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 26 Mar, 2020 05:49 am
Well, in addition to one long walk and several short walks each day, I spend a couple of hours online, and I read, read, read. I'm now reviewing what books I might want to re-read. This is just the beginning.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Thu 26 Mar, 2020 06:00 am
What is this boredom you speak of? I'm busier than a one-armed paper hanger.
Setanta

Reply Thu 26 Mar, 2020 06:23 am
Well, there ain't a lot for an old fart like me to do.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 26 Mar, 2020 06:24 am
I have spent my whole life in training for this. The nature of my existence. The only thing, I be more careful while following the same life pattern.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Thu 26 Mar, 2020 06:39 am
@jespah,
jespah wrote:

What is this boredom you speak of? I'm busier than a one-armed paper hanger.

I am both bored and busy.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Thu 26 Mar, 2020 06:42 am
All things considered ( in normal times, I’d be wishing I was really retired), I feel lucky to be going to work everyday, even though I’m in a potential hotspot (Cancer Hospital UNC).

Knock wood, no one in the infusion pharmacy has tested positive and only one has had symptoms.
Setanta

Reply Thu 26 Mar, 2020 06:44 am
@snood,
I hope you stay sage and healthy, Boss.
snood

Reply Thu 26 Mar, 2020 06:53 am
@Setanta,
Thank you sir. Same backatcha
Linkat

Reply Thu 26 Mar, 2020 07:11 am
Actually I am working from home so I have been busy.

My husband is working from home so he is busy.

The kids both have virtual school - one is in college and has her regular classes; the other is in private high school and has regular classes. After school - the do homework and study and maybe go out for a run.

The biggest issue we have is my younger daughter due to her high anxiety - not being able to see her friends - with extending no school until beginning of May caused a great deal of angst. Fortunately her counselor is still holding sessions and she can see her.

We talk of the positives and what we can still do.

For work we have been talking how can we been more social and keep interactions - I am going to allow my camera at the meeting - had to get cleaned up this morning and will bring one of my dogs.

We are trying what we can to be social human beings still with what we can do.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 26 Mar, 2020 09:56 am
@snood,
Is that in Chapel Hill with the rest of the University? I lived in Smithfield (just on the edge of town), and liked North Carolina. That's been almost forty years ago, though.
snood

Reply Thu 26 Mar, 2020 09:59 am
@Setanta,
Yup, right on campus. Cancer, Neurosurgery, Children’s and Women’s hospitals side by side. You can walk for several miles just delivering meds to the whole joint.
Setanta

Reply Thu 26 Mar, 2020 10:03 am
@snood,
When I had a day off, I used to drive to Raleigh, Durham, Wake Forest or Chapel Hill. The great thing for me was the book stores, both on campus and off. You don't find three universities so close together ordinarily.
snood

Reply Thu 26 Mar, 2020 10:13 am
@Setanta,
College towns have some of the coolest eateries and shops
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 26 Mar, 2020 11:35 am
I must be doing something wrong. The only thing that has changed for me is the scenic drive to work is now a walk to my office. 99.9% of the work I did at the office I can do at home. I work the same hours and then I do the same things I do after work now that I did before.

I see my wife more now. We are still up in the air if that is good or bad... Very Happy
Setanta

Reply Thu 26 Mar, 2020 11:42 am
I hope that works out for you . . . the wife part.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Thu 26 Mar, 2020 12:22 pm
@Setanta,
By consuming several freighter's worths of YouTube content and streaming anime online.

Have you met our new Lady and Saviour, Claire Saffitz from Bon Appetit?

1. Forums
  2. » THE MOST PERVASIVE ASPECT OF THE PANDEMIC
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 07/27/2024 at 12:27:28