Tips on C-vid avoidance

Reply Sun 22 Mar, 2020 07:45 am
15 minutes ago, my employer called over and told me our contracts (ALL) have been indefinitely suspended.
I will now be paid NOT to work.
Kinda grateful, after our latest contract was in the retail-sector (Supermarkets and leisure facilities) - Which, considering the public-footfall in combination with Covid - Was very stressful.

So, having time on my hands, I'd like to share a few of my own practices on hygiene-control.

There is a great line american sports-folk use - "The Best Offense is A Great Defense."
1. Whatever enters your home should be treated as 'contaminated' - Whether it is or is Not.
2. Personal awareness of your own hygiene is Paramount.
3. If unsure - Take No risks.

Sanitise Everything that is foreign to both you and your home.
Keys, Money, Mail, Groceries, even visitors and pets.
Even your atm-cards can pick up organisms that the previous atm-user's card (Via their handling of it) has left on the inner surface of the card-slot.
If you have a wallet or purse - Monitor how yo use it.
For example - You place a contaminated card/cash/reciept inside, then zip/buckle/pop it closed - Then you sanitise your hands - STOP! It's Too late! You have ALREADY transferred any germ/s onto purse/wallet, zip/buckle, etc - Carry a spraybottle of sanitiser and pay closer attention to everything you touch that is foreign to you.
Handrails, light-switches, keypads, touchscreens, doorhandles - Spray before use or avoid using.

Monitor how you handle - Chairs cupboards, draws - Spray accordingly.
Once you start noticing how you truly interact with your environment - These new-found discoveries will become habitual (2nd-Nature).

I have a feeling 'OCD' cases are likely on the rise - But, if it keeps you safe - It's worth performing.

I'll be likely popping back to this site, being jobstranded and all.
So, if you've anything to add - Stick it down below.
Have a lovely day.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 4 • Views: 849 • Replies: 32

PUNKEY

Reply Sun 22 Mar, 2020 07:57 am
I’m drinking a lot of freshly squeezed lemon and water. Viruses don’t like citric acid.
mark noble

Reply Sun 22 Mar, 2020 10:58 am
@PUNKEY,
Vitamins C & D are important immuno-boosters. Vitamins A & B are also helpful, as is Zinc and selenium.
I take all of the above, along with garlic, turmeric and ginger.

Rda of course. The spices are great forms of antibiotic, antifungal, antioxident and anti-inflammation.
I'm Not giving medical advice - Only listing my daily intake.
But eating plant-based foods and avoiding 'junk foods' and processed-foods, sugar, alcohol, smoking, foods high in salt, fried-foods, margerine etc - Is favourable for your digestive system, liver, kidneys, lungs, blood circulation, braincell production and overall wellbeing.
I'm sure this is common knowledge.

Your body functions in 1 of 2 states - 1. Digestion. 2. Healing.
If you are Not Digesting - You Are Healing.
Digestion does Not mean 'Mouth to stomach to rectum'.
Some digestive-processes go on for hours, days and even weeks at the cellular level.
Red meat is reknowned for taking many days to break-down (pineapple speeds this up, slightly).

Basically - If you understand the nutritive pros & cons - you'll be healthier and your body will be a less hospitable environment to unwanted germs.

'Eat To Live, Not 'Live To Eat' is a good philosophy to adopt.
Again - I'm Not Giving advice - Just sharing my own.
Best wishes to All.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Sun 22 Mar, 2020 11:02 am
Everything on this thread is Bullshit.

If you want real advice, listen to what the CDC is saying. We don't need random jerks on the internet making stuff up.

No one is saying anything about washing your keys. That is just nonsense. Worse yet, if you are practicing social distancing, you won't be having visitors in your house. The virus is spread by humans, not by keys.

mark noble

Reply Sun 22 Mar, 2020 11:21 am
@maxdancona,
What, exactly, is Bullshit?

Everything I have written here is verifiable.
This is NOT advice - It is how I personally ensure my own wellbeing.
As stated, quite clearly, Every few lines.

Are you suggesting that I am offering some imaginary remedy for C-vd?
There is none!
But isolating viral-transmission/s by sanitising objects, above-mentioned, is a no-brainer - As is improving your health...?

If you disagree, that's fine - But I'm Not selling anything on this thread - Just sharing what keeps me in good health.

Do you think the CDC would denounce what I've shared?
I don't.

Always Follow your Health advisories recommendations.
I agree.
Have a Lovely day.
mark noble

Reply Sun 22 Mar, 2020 11:37 am
@maxdancona,
Max - I wash my house/car keys everyday - I drop them in a bowl of warm water with a little disinfectant in.
Then I jiggle them a little and leave to dry on a teatowel.
I've done this for many years.
As with everything I've written above - These are 'MY' practices.

I'm NOT repeating Govt advice - On this thread - I'm quite certain that is already understood - And I agree with it. But my tips on C-vid (Or Any germs) avoidance are All valid 'additions' to prevent coming into contact with 'nasties' by being unaware of how easily overlooked 'accesspoints' can promote spread.

Keeping your distance from others is beneficial, as is sanitising anything they have handled, coughed on etc.
At least it is to me.
Have a Lovely day
0 Replies

mark noble

Reply Sun 22 Mar, 2020 11:39 am
@maxdancona,
The covid virus can remain on surfaces for up to 9 days, Max.
Are you unaware of this?
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Sun 22 Mar, 2020 11:44 am
@mark noble,
When you start a thread called "Tips on C-vid avoidance". Anyone is going to read that as you trying to give advice.

You don't have any expertise in biology, or epidemiology or public health. This is just nonsense you are making up yourself.

The CDC is saying.

- Wash your hands frequently, especially after coming from outside. And don't touch your face.
- Practice social distancing (avoid other people, especially in large groups).
- Call your doctor (rather than going in) if you are sick.
- Stay away from work if you are sick.

Anyone more than that is bullshit. The part about worrying about your ATM card getting virus from the previous card was funny... but still nonsense.

mark noble

Reply Sun 22 Mar, 2020 12:08 pm
@maxdancona,
Max I'm a hygiene technician - My Actual proffession.
Until earlier today (Doubt it'll be long till I'm recalled to work).

And I have studied, by interest, many things associated with and around everything to do with - All of the above - Still do.

Personally - Knowing social-behavioural-systems, I believe there is no hiding place from covid.
I also believe it will affect those who are healthy to a lesser degree.
Max - I train people in both personal and environmental hygiene, as a part of my proffession.
And yes, keys, mail and debit cards are not openly-known sources of transmission - But, sources they are.
Have a Lovely day
0 Replies

mark noble

Reply Sun 22 Mar, 2020 12:15 pm
@maxdancona,
Btw, Max - I live in the UK.
Does the CDC advise you to Not lick toilet seats and shopping-trolley handles?
No - They assume you already know this?

I assume most people are aware of my opening-thread's criteria - But I choose to share.

Don't lick toilet seats and shopping-trolley handles, Max.
Have a Lovely day .
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Sun 22 Mar, 2020 12:19 pm
Mark, don't let Max's disruption interfere with your thing. You do you and let Max be Max.
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Sun 22 Mar, 2020 12:34 pm
Straight from one of the horses' mouth, as it were.

Clean & Disinfect
maxdancona

Reply Sun 22 Mar, 2020 01:28 pm
@InfraBlue,
InfraBlue wrote:

Clean & Disinfect

Did you even read the link you posted. That is advice for household with a suspected / confirmed case of the virus. If you are going to play the argue by Google game, at least read the link you found before you post it completely out of context.
maxdancona

Reply Sun 22 Mar, 2020 02:21 pm
@mark noble,
There should be one source for information on how to avoid covid-19. The CDC guidelines are written by experts based on the latest scientific evidence. We should follow the CDC guidelines... along with guidelines from local authorities. That is it.

People have been inventing all sorts of other "strategies" to avoid the virus. Some of them are harmless (i.e. washing money). Some of them are dangerous (i.e. gargling bleach). There is no real scientific evidence that any of them have any benefit in stopping the virus.

A thread labeled "Tips of C-vid" avoidance sounds like someone claiming expertise suggesting that everyone follow them (instead of the CDC). This kind of misinformation is counterproductive. People should be following the CDC guidelines along with their local authorities.

If this thread were labeled "things I am doing during the c-vid epidemic", I wouldn't have a problem with it. The issue is that this thread sounds authoritative, but isn't.
InfraBlue

Reply Sun 22 Mar, 2020 05:08 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

InfraBlue wrote:

Clean & Disinfect

Did you even read the link you posted. That is advice for household with a suspected / confirmed case of the virus. If you are going to play the argue by Google game, at least read the link you found before you post it completely out of context.

Apparently, you didn't read the article I linked when I decided to see what the CDC had to say about COVID-19 tips.

To wit
Quote:
Current evidence suggests that novel coronavirus may remain viable for hours to days on surfaces made from a variety of materials. Cleaning of visibly dirty surfaces followed by disinfection is a best practice measure for prevention of COVID-19 and other viral respiratory illnesses in households and community settings.

Quote:
General Recommendations for Routine Cleaning and Disinfection of Households

Community members can practice routine cleaning of frequently touched surfaces (for example: tables, doorknobs, light switches, handles, desks, toilets, faucets, sinks) with household cleaners and EPA-registered disinfectants that are appropriate for the surface, following label instructions. Labels contain instructions for safe and effective use of the cleaning product including precautions you should take when applying the product, such as wearing gloves and making sure you have good ventilation during use of the product.

Try reading before knee-jerk reacting.
maxdancona

Reply Sun 22 Mar, 2020 05:26 pm
@InfraBlue,
You are just trying to start a pissing match for no reason InfraBlue.

Anyone can read the CDC guidelines (including the link you posted). If they apply to you, then by all means follow them.

Follow the CDC guidelines. They are based on the best science and are written by experts. Don't follow other random **** you find on the internet or that you make up stuff yourself.

That is exactly my point.
InfraBlue

Reply Sun 22 Mar, 2020 08:27 pm
@maxdancona,
Who started the pissing match, maxdancona, what with your accusations of google searching and out of context citing.

Yeah, anyone can read the CDC guidelines, just as anyone can knee-jerk react to what they perceive as an attack on their ideological assertions, and not read the CDC guidelines at all.

I don't have to tell you what you can do with that chip on your shoulder.
maxdancona

Reply Sun 22 Mar, 2020 08:33 pm
@InfraBlue,
I don't get what your problem is, InfraBlue. But whatever.

People shouldn't be spreading rumors that aren't backed by the CDC recommendations. When someone posts that ATM cards are a risk, that should be corrected. It is unsupported claim with zero backing in fact.

In a time of crisis, it is important to make a distinction between real facts backed by science, and rumors.

I am sorry this upsets you.

InfraBlue

Reply Sun 22 Mar, 2020 09:23 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

I don't get what your problem is, InfraBlue. But whatever.

In regard to perceived pissing matches, keep your pecker in your pants, maxdancona.

maxdancona wrote:

People shouldn't be spreading rumors that aren't backed by the CDC recommendations. When someone posts that ATM cards are a risk, that should be corrected. It is unsupported claim with zero backing in fact.

In a time of crisis, it is important to make a distinction between real facts backed by science, and rumors.

What does this have to do with my post and your attack thereof?

maxdancona wrote:

I am sorry this upsets you.

Says the hair-trigger with the fragile ego.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Mon 23 Mar, 2020 12:16 pm
@mark noble,
Pay no attention to Max, he's a Drama Queen who likes to make everything about himself. He doesn't like people from the UK either, although that might be because of me.

If anything, your advice is a bit overcautious, it certainly won't put anyone in extra danger if they follow it.

Compare that to the thread Max started about Covid 19.
Quote:
I need a vacation. Staying at home is not a good option.

https://able2know.org/topic/546495-1

If anyone is following bullshit advice it's Max.

1. Forums
  2. » Tips on C-vid avoidance
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/20/2024 at 04:35:17