IMMUNITY BOOSTER FOODS

Reply Wed 11 Mar, 2020 12:18 pm
For those of us in our 60's and higher, we need to boost our immune systems to help us in our positioning toward covid 19. We should start by daily moderate exercise, also lets minimize or stop alcohol intake, and eat more foods higher in Vitamin D, epecially D3.

Ill start with SALMON. Its one of the highest sources of Vitamin D .A single serving 'll have more Vit D3 than you need in 3 days.

OTHER Immune boosters are welcome.
Or else some really hilarious immunity boosters (like a good lawyer)

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 11 Mar, 2020 12:51 pm
I make myself a mix of chopped walnuts, lemons, barely sprouted wheat, garlic and honey. I eat a spoonful before breakfast or coffee and then at various times during the day. After nearly a year, I feel great.

I walk in the park and I do calisthenics and use barbells in the morning. I climb on top of the house to clean off debris, mow a rather large yard with a push mower - I do alright, I think.
farmerman

Reply Wed 11 Mar, 2020 06:15 pm
@edgarblythe,
barely sprouted wheat and rye is then toasted and made into what we call MALT. You can still buy malt at feed stores (aas foo grade powders)

Exercise, thats the ticket too.

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 11 Mar, 2020 06:27 pm
@farmerman,
I sometimes substitute rye for wheat.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 11 Mar, 2020 06:34 pm
I grew a moringa tree in the yard because the plant is so nutritious. I only get to eat the leaves. The blossoms rarely occur and the birds have always beaten me to them. The seeds look much like green beans on the tree, but due to the steenking birds, I never get any. It's a tropical plant, so it only gives me leaves in the warm part of the year.
farmerman

Reply Wed 11 Mar, 2020 08:08 pm
@edgarblythe,
I never ate the tree (knowingly) but when I worked in Nigeria, they used to use the beans as a water purification trick because it contained ionic chelation agents (I think 0. Theyd use great plastic barrels with holes in them and fill the barrels with dried Moringa beans.Theyd pop a bit when ya hit em dry. The only thing was athat in the field ANY and ALL water could kill you so wed use this technique. The water eally tasted bitter though ,Im thinking it was an ionic xchangethat occured and left the pure water with nickel or manganese. I used to drink Libyan wine which also tasted pretty bad but not bitter from some metal I didnt know of and I didnt have any reagents to test.
farmerman

Reply Thu 12 Mar, 2020 08:15 am
@farmerman,
apparently the T of COOD LIVER OIL is one of the highest sources of vitamin D and a good immunity booster. So with stuff like anchovies.(I love anchovies)
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 12 Mar, 2020 09:38 am
The health food nuts buy moringa powder and the like. I can't say if that's good or bad. But I have read a dozen or more websites about the tree and its uses and am convinced it's worth eating. I don't buy any supplements anymore because I don't trust the companies to give us what we think we are paying for and I have rarely experienced any noticeable benefits.
0 Replies

hightor

Reply Thu 12 Mar, 2020 12:12 pm
Can I Boost My Immune System?

Fears about coronavirus have prompted online searches and plenty of misinformation about how to strengthen the immune system. Here’s what works — and what doesn’t.

Quote:
(...)

The bottom line: If you enjoy foods touted as immune boosters, there is no harm in eating them as part of a balanced diet. Just be sure that you don’t neglect proven health advice — like washing your hands and not touching your face — when it comes to protecting yourself from viral illness.

nyt
farmerman

Reply Thu 12 Mar, 2020 02:24 pm
@hightor,
eat yer Pnut butter an jelly sammich cut on the diagonal.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 12 Mar, 2020 06:54 pm
Meatloaf sammich . . . I'm nearing the end of my seventh decade, after a youth filled with drug and alcohol abuse, insomnia and prolonged conversations with Republicans, Tories and other species of conservatives. Obviously, the meatloaf sammiches have preserved me long past my best-before date.
farmerman

Reply Thu 12 Mar, 2020 07:01 pm
@Setanta,
any specific meat? we eat portions of squirrel down here (brunswick stew). I love a saucy duck terrine. Its a veggie onion , mushroom and pistachio laden chopped duck meat "pudding " that is wrapped in bacon slabs ancooked in an oven in a water bath. Hardest thing is stealing a duck.
farmerman

Reply Thu 12 Mar, 2020 07:03 pm
@farmerman,
anchovies, wild salmon, to accompany the daily T of cod liver oil .
oralloy

Reply Thu 12 Mar, 2020 08:04 pm
@farmerman,
Sardines should be just as good as anchovies and salmon.

All are high in omega three fatty acids, and low in mercury.
Setanta

Reply Thu 12 Mar, 2020 09:06 pm
@farmerman,
Well, of course, the classic is just ground beef. i'm not meat snob, though, duck would be just as good. I like sunflower seeds in there, too.
farmerman

Reply Thu 12 Mar, 2020 09:15 pm
@oralloy,
not certain about salmon. Ive read a numbr of fishing mag articles about avoiding the belly fat. Sardines are OK, the brand I like is LUCK sardins packed in tmato sauce.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 12 Mar, 2020 09:19 pm
@Setanta,
ground beef needs a good flavor base like chopped onions n mushrooms all pan baked with in a nice sweet n savory tomato sauce. Then we serve it up cold in a sammich, only sauce is the tomato(I learned from my Da who would addd a lo f ketchup into my mom's metloaf sauce.

For me, its gotta have that back end with tomato flavor and onion.
That would qual as a sammich
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Thu 12 Mar, 2020 09:24 pm
I am a big believer in Placebos. I use them all the time.

For me the best placebos have some ritual attached to them. Someone gave me these little plastic tubes with white crystals you melt under your tongue. I take them as soon as I have any symptoms... and I am sure they work (which is why they work).

I also use herbal teas with names that sound like Eastern religion. For an American there is no better placebo than Eastern religion (of course we send American Christianity over there... so I suppose it is fair)..

farmerman

Reply Fri 13 Mar, 2020 07:52 am
@maxdancona,
so when you know its a placebo, it still works for you??? or are you juss fuckin with me??
maxdancona

Reply Fri 13 Mar, 2020 08:08 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

so when you know its a placebo, it still works for you??? or are you juss fuckin with me??

Why wouldn't it work? Placebos work because you believe they work.

I believe placebos work... so I use them and they work.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » IMMUNITY BOOSTER FOODS
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/03/2024 at 03:04:06