(do blueberry muffins count?)
Region Philbis

Reply Fri 13 Mar, 2020 10:47 am
@ehBeth,

(yeah they do...)
farmerman

Reply Fri 13 Mar, 2020 11:27 am
@Region Philbis,
there was a rap star named Flava Flavinoid ne?
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sat 14 Mar, 2020 01:47 pm
I added liquid D3 to my routine a couple of years ago.

When you're of a mind to avoid illness--upping your D3 to 3 drops a day is a good idea. Otherwise, this dose is too strong. You should only take 1 drop every 3 days.

Calcium coupled with Vitamin C is also helpful.

My body doesn't absorb vitamins well. Yours might not either. Liquid sublingual is best. Vitamin shops are a great place to find these cheap.

farmerman

Reply Sun 15 Mar, 2020 04:04 pm
@Lash,
when you say "take 3 drops" Is this a kind of Homeopathic stuff? or is it rall Vit D solutions??

You take em sublingually? Can you mix the drops into a glass of water or arnge juice?
Sturgis

Reply Sun 15 Mar, 2020 04:15 pm
All I do is take a calcium with D, vitamin C and whatever arrives in my food.

Except for potassium and D, my blood has never been lacking. Potassium other than in food is a disaster always makes me nauseous.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sun 15 Mar, 2020 06:16 pm
@farmerman,
I’m sorry I’ve missed this.
I buy Garner’s Vitamin D3, 2000 IU in a health food store. I do take the drops on or under my tongue. They come with citrus or mint essential oils mixed in.

I add this to my liquid B12 and C. I’m spritzing and dropping all kinds of liquid vitamins in the morning.

I actually spray magnesium on my arms / legs every other day, too.

My body doesn’t absorb minerals and vitamins from food efficiently at all, so this is suggested as best for me.😊
0 Replies

Borat Sister

Reply Sun 15 Mar, 2020 06:45 pm
@Region Philbis,
Luckily I adore blueberries
farmerman

Reply Mon 16 Mar, 2020 01:39 am
@Borat Sister,
there are a boatload of different chemical types and congeners of flavinoids. Stuff like onions, parsely, apples, citrus bueberries, mushrooms, ALL have different properties and health effects.
Best ways is NOT by supplements but by natural foods because supplements can actually stimulate the metabolism of various drugs .(Kinda like grapefruit does),. Also, in eating fruits high in various flavinoids , alot of the active ingredients are along the skin and peels so dont cut up oranges hours ahead. Also, many flavinoid rich foods like onions and blueberries , can lose their chemitry in storage or cooking. (Onion is the biggest)
edgarblythe

Reply Mon 16 Mar, 2020 07:18 am
I've always had a laxly enforced rule to eat as varied a diet as possible, modified by the individual's personal needs.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 17 Mar, 2020 12:02 pm
When I worked at the apartments I saw how the elderly remained indoors every day, not once getting a moment of sunshine. I made a vow then that I would get at least ten or fifteen minutes of sunshine every day possible.
farmerman

Reply Wed 18 Mar, 2020 11:54 am
@edgarblythe,
We run one of the fields each day we can. It gives one an aamazing boost of post exercise energy and , after puffing is over, Ill get ideas concerning stuff I have to do. Today I hoeing som more seed beds.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Wed 18 Mar, 2020 12:23 pm
@farmerman,
Do you know of a book/any source that elucidates more specifically on what you wrote about here?

Best ways is NOT by supplements but by natural foods because supplements can actually stimulate the metabolism of various drugs .(Kinda like grapefruit does),. Also, in eating fruits high in various flavinoids , alot of the active ingredients are along the skin and peels so dont cut up oranges hours ahead. Also, many flavinoid rich foods like onions and blueberries , can lose their chemitry in storage or cooking. (Onion is the biggest)
farmerman

Reply Mon 30 Mar, 2020 09:41 pm
@Lash,
I am not an xpert on this , I talked with a fried whose a research pharma chemist who compares many of the vitamins that we need and arent able to be fully delivered by foods , and D 3 is one of them. We rely on sunlight and diet as a supplement. So those that live N of the latitudes I mentioned and (to some degree those that live south of S argentinas latitude) , we are usually deficient in Vit D3 .

I began taking a supplement on that knowledge since the toxicity of Vit D3 excess dosage isnt so bad. (especially since food sources relase the vitamin only as digestion occurs).
My friend said that whatever a food delivers in nutrient content /unit mass, is what the food provides, not what the body acquires.

0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/02/2024 at 11:08:59