Stupid Russian Steals Bob's Precious

Reply Thu 30 Jun, 2005 10:38 am
Clickhere to read about how Russian president Vladimir Putin ganked Bob Kraft's Super Bowl ring. For those who don't know, Bob Kraft is the owner of the New England Patriots, and if you're a complete tool, they won the Super Bowl this past January.

They were at a press conference together, and Kraft handed the moron his ring, who promptly put it in his pocket before taking off. Kraft now insists it was a gift, but we all know the Russian president had reason to steal the ring: going to sell it on the black market so he can buy a Big Mac and a week's supply of toilet paper.

It's not published how much the ring costs exactly, but someone was quoted as saying "well over $15K."

Thoughts? I know I'd make a diplomatic attempt to get my precious back. But I'd be cool about it, and give the guy a f'n Patriots t-shirt or something in place of the ring.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 810 • Replies: 12
No top replies

Region Philbis

Reply Thu 30 Jun, 2005 10:50 am
"Putin", as in "i putin pocket"...
that bling-bling ring-ring is precious, iiiiiiite!
0 Replies

Zane

Reply Thu 30 Jun, 2005 10:52 am
I would've acted like I thought he was joking and said "Haha! Very funny Mr. President, I'll be needing that back now." And then give him a Patriots shirt or other cheap souvenir.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Thu 30 Jun, 2005 10:54 am
Region Philbis wrote:
"Putin", as in "i putin pocket"...
that bling-bling ring-ring is precious, iiiiiiite!

Iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiite!!!!

Gotta give Kraft credit, he's being very gracious. Even if he does have more money than God.
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Thu 30 Jun, 2005 11:53 am
I'm jolly glad that he didnt take that super bowl as well, as I would imagine that it was made of crystal, which would have fetched a pretty penny on Ebay.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Thu 30 Jun, 2005 04:36 pm
Nah, it's fake crystal. Still good for a few #4's at McDonalds in Russia.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Thu 30 Jun, 2005 04:48 pm
The Russian Bear strikes again. Putin is a product of the Soviet system. Everything belongs to the state. And of course he is the state. :wink:
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 30 Jun, 2005 06:21 pm
The Pat's guy said he gave it to him. What else could he say, really?
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Thu 30 Jun, 2005 11:36 pm
True. But is this president guy not the brightest bulb? Isn't it an obvious difference when someone gives you something just to look at/try on, rather than "here, keep it"?

It's ok. Mr. Kraft will get another one next year, baby.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 30 Jun, 2005 11:42 pm
He said, or at least I think he did, that he gave the ring to Putin to have after Putin had admired it. He gave him the gift out of respect. I have no way of knowing if this is actually true, just reporting what I read/heard somewhere. And, again, I ask: what else could he say in the aftermath? "Give it back, commie!"?
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Fri 1 Jul, 2005 11:32 am
Of course he said that, he's just being diplomatic about the whole thing. He could try to get it back through someone else, but I don't think he will, especially after coming out and saying it was a gift.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Fri 1 Jul, 2005 02:09 pm
http://www.republicanvoices.org/gollum_putin.jpg

Very tricksy.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 1 Jul, 2005 04:22 pm
Jespah! It's been a long time since I've seen you here!
0 Replies