My dog watches TV

Linkat

Reply Tue 25 Feb, 2020 01:16 pm
I have seen cats that watch TV, but my dog does. This is the first dog I have had that is interested in TV...but his interest is limited.

She likes other dogs and horses. Found it out when I had something on and a show about dogs came on. She begin to watch and bark at the TV. Just found out she also like horses when we had the Horse Whisperer on the other day.

She could care less about people.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 6 • Views: 435 • Replies: 8

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 25 Feb, 2020 02:09 pm
One of my dogs had a deadly fear of horses. Driving down the road, she would get on the floor and hide if we passed one.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 25 Feb, 2020 02:43 pm
All my dog ever responded to is a youtube of a squeaky chicken.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Tue 25 Feb, 2020 03:10 pm
@Linkat,
Suzy, a stray with an abusive past, would at times stare at the t.v. if certain voices were there -usually calming voices. No interest in other creatures on screen. Also could be rather aggressive towards other dogs.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Wed 26 Feb, 2020 09:42 am
@Linkat,
Linkat wrote:

I have seen cats that watch TV, but my dog does. This is the first dog I have had that is interested in TV...but his interest is limited.

The latest generation of TVs have a high enough resolution/refresh rate where dogs can visually understand images on them.
Quote:
Dogs (and cats, though they're not mentioned in the BBC article) have much sharper eyes than we do; dogs will still see that flicker up until about 75Hz. Luckily, newer TVs have much higher refresh rates, so you can grab a TV with a 120Hz, 240Hz, or even higher refresh rate. That's needed for a dog to identify the picture as moving and not as a series of still images.

Source

Let us know if your pupper has her own Spotify playlist for her to consume when you're not home.
Linkat

Reply Wed 26 Feb, 2020 09:58 am
@tsarstepan,
Ha ha - I haven't taken it to that level - maybe I will leave the tv on for her when I am out. It might have helped us out a bit ago when she ate the carpet when we left her alone.

Our other dog - does not ever look at the TV. I think she may be more visual though as this morning when I had her outside - I saw her attention taken - I looked in the distance and could see high in a tree a squirrel jumping from branch to branch. The other dog is just sniffing around and lifting his leg. Could care less.
0 Replies

knowledgeeager

Reply Tue 3 Mar, 2020 11:30 am
@Linkat,
Both my dog and cat are watching TV, especially snooker as the balls moves on the screen Smile
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Mon 23 Mar, 2020 11:34 am
We were watching a Dog's Purpose - our dog loved it. She went up to the TV - it is on the wall but she put her paws on table that is below the TV and looked up at the TV.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Mon 23 Mar, 2020 11:58 am
@Linkat,
My dog presses the remote in search of The Dog Whisperer, Cesar.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » My dog watches TV
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 04:03:53