5

a2k's Official Depository for Really Really Stupid Tech!

Reply Wed 19 Feb, 2020 02:30 pm
Type: Discussion • Score: 5 • Views: 396 • Replies: 6

Sturgis

1  
Reply Wed 19 Feb, 2020 02:45 pm
Idiotic rice cookers! It's rice for corns sake. It is not anywhere near difficult to prepare!

1  
Reply Wed 19 Feb, 2020 03:58 pm
@Sturgis,
I still have sentimental feelings towards rice cookers (though I haven't had one/used on since I moved from Massachusetts 20 years ago).

1  
Reply Wed 19 Feb, 2020 04:00 pm
I recently had to upgrade to windows 10. When entering my pin I discovered that I no longer had to press ENTER to have the number accepted. I am so glad I found a feature that is useful.

1  
Reply Wed 19 Feb, 2020 04:40 pm
I recently saw an ad for a device to make opening up an avocado easier and quicker.

1  
Reply Wed 19 Feb, 2020 05:14 pm
I got to write software for these Smart Glasses. They are actually pretty fun to play with (although they aren't to the point where I would wear them around in public... or in Italy).

We were using them for industrial use. Workers wear them while doing involved tasks. The glasses respond to voice commands and display information in their field of view so they don't have to look away... and there is a camera to record progress.

Companies are willing to pay money for this technology because it boosts productivity. If you say that this is horrible technology that takes away the workers' humanity and is just another step to turning human beings into machines... I can't argue.

As a software engineer, these things are awfully fun to play with.

1  
Reply Thu 25 Jun, 2020 08:25 pm