Playpen Thread #1.

gezzy

Reply Sat 22 Mar, 2003 04:54 am
Just a place to come and play. We all need someplace to let our hair down every now and then, so come on in, take your shoes off, kick back and talk about anything your heart desires.

Enjoy ;-)
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 3,364 • Replies: 66
No top replies

SealPoet

Reply Sat 22 Mar, 2003 07:44 am
whoopie!

I dibs the swing!
0 Replies

gezzy

Reply Sat 22 Mar, 2003 01:04 pm
Ok Seal, but we need to take turns. I'll play on the slide for awhile and we can switch later on.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sat 22 Mar, 2003 02:31 pm
How energetic! It's the sandbox for me. Maybe a nice, frosty lemonade.
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Sat 22 Mar, 2003 09:36 pm
Awwwwwwwww, such cute kiddies . can I play with you? I'll be good.......Smile
0 Replies

gezzy

Reply Sun 23 Mar, 2003 05:39 am
Roger
The sandbox sounds fun too and since Seal doesn't want to share the swing with me, do you mind if I come play with you?

Misti
Hey, come on over!!! I am so excited now that I'm not the only girl here. You wanna go play hopscotch?
0 Replies

SealPoet

Reply Sun 23 Mar, 2003 07:18 am
(The sad, real-life, truth is I cannot handle swings any more. get dizzy, get headaches.)

But I'll throw a frisbee with anyone. Boy or girl!
0 Replies

SealPoet

Reply Sun 23 Mar, 2003 07:19 am
And if it's too windy for a frisbee... Kites!
0 Replies

gezzy

Reply Sun 23 Mar, 2003 07:59 am
That sounds like fun Seal. Here comes the frisbee!!! Heads up!!!
0 Replies

Raggedyaggie

Reply Sun 23 Mar, 2003 09:07 am
Oops. The dog caught the frisbee. Someone catch the dog. I'll play a game of marbles. I'm good at that game if someone will help me get up when the game is over. Very Happy
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Sun 23 Mar, 2003 09:15 am
Hi Raggedyaggie, I'll help you up if you teach me how to play marbles! Is it anything like Jacks?
0 Replies

Raggedyaggie

Reply Sun 23 Mar, 2003 10:42 am
Hi Piffka: You are so sweet to help me. I love jacks, too, but I'm not as good at that game. To play marbles, you draw a ring in the dirt. You have a "shooter" marble that you propel with your thumb and the object is to hit as many marbles out of the ring as you can and then you get to keep those marbles. You should always have a special shooter. (I had one that was the colors of the rainbow). You aren't teasing me about never having played "marbles" before, are you?
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Sun 23 Mar, 2003 11:56 am
Truly not! I have a small collection of marbles and used them for one of my old favorite games, Chinese Checkers, but I have never played them as you describe. Don't the marbles get dirty? Is the shooter a big marble?
0 Replies

Raggedyaggie

Reply Sun 23 Mar, 2003 12:58 pm
Piffka: The Agate, or Aggie, (no, that's not how I chose my screen name, lol), was rarer and larger and was prized as a shooter. Sometimes the prize for winning was the other player's shooter. The smaller marbles were usually Cats Eye. You were probably a little lady and not a "tomboy" like I was. My Mom frowned upon the unladylike game, but was sweet enough to make me a drawstring felt bag with my initials embroidered on it to carry the marbles. The boys were so jealous, Mom made them marble bags, too. I started shooting marbles at age 5 and have a photo of me in overalls and cap shooting my Agate. Very Happy The marble ring had to be dry dirt, but to tell you the truth, I don't remember ever washing those marbles. The game dates back to ancient Egypt and marble championships are held in many parts of the world today. (I just read that it was one of Abraham Lincoln's favorite games.) I was going to post a link of the game's history here, but it didn't work. Sad I'll have to learn how to do that. The marbles came in all colors and designs and the real incentive of the game (at least for me) was winning the prettiest marbles.
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Sun 23 Mar, 2003 01:07 pm
Oh! You'd take my marbles!!! Then I'd only play with the cat's eyes or the solid ones that came with the checkers game. I had some beautiful white ones, shot with color (blues & greens always being my favorites), but I'm not sure I've got many, maybe three. I think I'll go dig out that can of marbles and see what's there!

*Would love to see the photo of you in overalls & cap!
0 Replies

gezzy

Reply Sun 23 Mar, 2003 04:55 pm
Oh, can I play? Pretty please!!!!! I love marbles :-) I use to collect them, but they got lost along the way. I think I'll start collecting them again since they have such beautiful ones now and I'll need some to play here. This is so fun!!! I like jacks too if you wanna play after ;-)
0 Replies

SealPoet

Reply Sun 23 Mar, 2003 08:21 pm
Gezzy's lost her marbles. You read it here first, folks.
0 Replies

gezzy

Reply Sun 23 Mar, 2003 08:56 pm
LOL!
0 Replies

gezzy

Reply Sun 23 Mar, 2003 08:58 pm
Hey, don't be pickin on me or I'm tellin.
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Mon 24 Mar, 2003 12:31 am
Jacks any one?
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Playpen Thread #1.
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/07/2024 at 02:41:42