Need to ask a question here.

Reply Mon 10 Feb, 2020 02:43 pm
Hello, everyone.

Just stopping in to ask a question that I know has been answered here several times. I just never kept a copy of the answer...and cannot find the thread which is from many years ago.

QUESTION: How do you resize a picture to fit into a post?

I know it is an easy process, but I acknowledge that I am not the sharpest tool in the shed...and cannot gerry-rig the process as I think I remember it.

Thanks.

tsarstepan

Reply Mon 10 Feb, 2020 02:57 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:

Hello, everyone.

Just stopping in to ask a question that I know has been answered here several times. I just never kept a copy of the answer...and cannot find the thread which is from many years ago.

QUESTION: How do you resize a picture to fit into a post?

I know it is an easy process, but I acknowledge that I am not the sharpest tool in the shed...and cannot gerry-rig the process as I think I remember it.

Thanks.

When posting the specialized img brackets (or whatever they're called), add width= as it is below and add the size of the file you want the width (resolution wise) to be.
Code:[img width=700][/img]

I chosen 700 as it's a relatively small size. You can use a different number depending on how big or little you want it to display on the screen. And I believe you should keep the space between img and width when typing that part into the formula.

And welcome back from the underworld. Good to know you're still alive and kicking Frank. Very Happy
Region Philbis

Reply Mon 10 Feb, 2020 03:17 pm
@tsarstepan,
Quote:
I chosen 700 as it's a relatively small size.
on here 700 is pretty large.

960 is the maximum width that doesn't create an annoying horizontal scroll bar...

R(waving at Frank)P
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Tue 11 Feb, 2020 05:19 am
Pleased to hear of your escape, I know someone who worked on the same tunnel.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 11 Feb, 2020 07:22 am
Hey RP...hey Izzy (still doing the killer sudokus). Good to see youse.

Hey Steve. Thanks for that info. I've tried it...and it still doesn't work for me, but I will work on it more later. Got things to do this morning. I've met with Jonathan and Kicky a few months back...and I'm sure we will all get together at some point as soon as it gets warm enough for The Pan.

I'll let you know if I get it to work.
izzythepush

Reply Tue 11 Feb, 2020 07:30 am
@Frank Apisa,
Over here the pan is a slang term for lavatory.

I don't want my seat too warm.
Ragman

Reply Tue 11 Feb, 2020 01:04 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Hey Frank! Welcome back. I noticed a a 4-yr absence. Hope all is/has been well?
Ragman

Reply Tue 11 Feb, 2020 01:07 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Did you save your change ice you made the change. Did you preserve the formatting by keeping the tag pair closed [must Have a ]
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 12 Feb, 2020 06:59 am
@Frank Apisa,

https://cdn.mos.cms.futurecdn.net/vChK6pTy3vN3KbYZ7UU7k3-320-80.jpg

https://cdn.mos.cms.futurecdn.net/vChK6pTy3vN3KbYZ7UU7k3-320-80.jpg

As you can see...I can do the re-sizing here. But in the Political Forum where I post...it just does not work. I tried it several times. Must have different coding of some type.

Oh well...thanks everyone for the help. I'll just have to live with the "one size fits all" image insertions there.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 12 Feb, 2020 07:01 am
@Ragman,
Hey, Ragman.

Just stopping in for the question...not really back. Robert invited me to leave. He indicated there were people leaving the forum because of me.

I stop by to lurk once in a while to see how everyone is doing. And I still meet up with A2Kers in The Big Apple regularly .

Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 12 Feb, 2020 07:03 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

Over here the pan is a slang term for lavatory.

I don't want my seat too warm.

Yeah, over here we use "the pan" and "the pot" the same way. A2Kers from this area use The Pan...to mean the great bar on a pier that juts out into the Hudson River. Used for many, many A2K meets over the years.
izzythepush

Reply Wed 12 Feb, 2020 07:15 am
@Frank Apisa,
I used to refer to my local as the toilet, because it was reminiscent of a urinal.

https://whatpub.com/img/HAS/00401/bitterne-park-hotel-southampton/298/224/2325

Looks OK from the outside.

I can't find any interior photos of the public bar. Nuff said.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Wed 12 Feb, 2020 07:16 am
@Frank Apisa,
I've not heard anything of Robert for a long time.
McGentrix

Reply Wed 12 Feb, 2020 07:53 am
@izzythepush,
He's been busy running for Governor of Costa Rica.
izzythepush

Reply Wed 12 Feb, 2020 07:57 am
@McGentrix,
Oh dear.

Quote:
The politics of Costa Rica take place in a framework of a presidential, representative democratic republic, with a multi-party system.

The position of governor in the seven provinces was abolished in 1998.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Politics_of_Costa_Rica
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Wed 12 Feb, 2020 08:01 am
See? That is why he hasn't been heard from in awhile.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 12 Feb, 2020 11:31 am
@McGentrix,
Hey, McGentrix.

So he hasn't been around?

Maybe he is using an alias again.

Anyway...he is still the owner...and I'm going to respect his feelings.

I will stick with this thread, though. Shouldn't cause any problems. No one has to come here who considers me an impediment to the forum.

Good seeing some of these names again, I must say. Some people here I've parlayed with since the late 1990's...back in ABUZZ. That is where I first met Robert...when he was still in the jungle and using the name...

...damn, can't bring it to mind right now.
georgeob1

Reply Wed 12 Feb, 2020 11:36 am
Hi Frank. Glad to see you back , and I hope you choose to stay. We often disagreed, but you were always a breath of fresh air and a source of independent thinking, with an intact sense of irony - too often rare commodities here.
McGentrix

Reply Wed 12 Feb, 2020 11:51 am
@Frank Apisa,
Good to know you are still with us. I also miss your commentary.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 12 Feb, 2020 11:57 am
@georgeob1,
Hey George...how ya doing.

I remember our debates. Loved 'em.

Craven is the name I was looking for earlier...for what Robert used to use.

1. Forums
  2. » Need to ask a question here.
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/07/2024 at 10:38:04