What's the worst _________ of 2019?

Reply Fri 7 Feb, 2020 11:28 pm

What's the worst 2019 book you read?
What's the worst 2019 tv series?
What's the worst 2019 movies?

tsarstepan

Reply Sat 8 Feb, 2020 07:00 am
@tsarstepan,
The 2020 Razzie Awards were announced last night. And I have no idea what the last category means.

WORST PICTURE
“Cats”
“The Fanatic”
“The Haunting of Sharon Tate”
“A Madea Family Funeral”
“Rambo: First Blood”

WORST ACTOR
James Franco, “Zeroville”
David Harbour, “Hellboy” (2019)
Matthew McConaughey, “Serenity”
Sylvester Stallone, “Rambo: Last Blood”
John Travolta,”The Fanatic” and “Trading Paint”

WORST ACTRESS
Hilary Duff, “The Haunting of Sharon Tate”
Anne Hathaway, “The Hustle” and “Serenity”
Francesca Hayward, “Cats”
Tyler Perry (as Medea), “A Madea Family Funeral”
Rebel Wilson, “The Hustle”

WORST SUPPORTING ACTRESS
Jessica Chastain, “Dark Phoenix”
Cassi Davis, “A Madea Family Funeral”
Judi Dench,”Cats”
Fenessa Pineda, “Rambo: First Blood
“Rebel Wilson, “Cats”

WORST SUPPORTING ACTOR
James Corden, “Cats’
Tyler Perry, “A Madea Family Funeral” (as Joe)
Tyler Perry, “A Madea Family Funeral” (as Uncle Heathrow)
Seth Rogen, “Zeroville”
Bruce Willis, “Glass”

WORST SCREEN COMBO
Any Two Half-Feline/Half Human Hairballs, “Cats”
Jason Derulo and his CGI-Neutered “Bulge,” “Cats”
Tyler Perry plus Tyler Perry (or Tyler Perry), “A Madea Family Funeral”
Sylvester Stallone and His Impotent Rage, “Rambo: Last Blood”
John Travolta and Any Screenplay He Accepts

WORST DIRECTOR
Fred Durst, “The Fanatic”
James Franco, “Zeroville”
Adrian Grunberg, “Rambo Last Blood”
Tom Hooper, “Cats”
Neil Marshall, “Hellboy” (2019)

WORST SCREENPLAY
“Cats,” Lee Hall and Tom Hooper
“The Haunting of Sharon Tate,” Daniel Farrands
“Hellboy” (2019), Andrew Cosby
“A Madea Family Funeral,” Tyler Perry
“Rambo: Last Blood,” Matthew Cirulnick and Sylvester Stallone

WORST REMAKE, RIP-OFF OR SEQUEL
“Dark Phoenix”
“Godzilla, King of the Monsters”
“Hellboy” (2019)
“A Madea Family Funeral”
“Rambo: Last Blood”

WORST RECKLESS DISREGARD FOR HUMAN LIFE AND PUBLIC PROPERTY
“Dragged Across Concrete”
“The Haunting of Sharon Tate”
“Hellboy” (2019)
“Joker”
” Rambo: Last Blood”
farmerman

Reply Sat 8 Feb, 2020 10:18 am
worst Ice cream flavor Ive encountered this past year---Maple Bacon ripple. --GAAAAAAHGGHH!!

Philly cream cheese SUSHI-

DILL PICKLE POTATO CHIPS...Had these in Canadia (Humpty Dumpty brnd)way before, but I kept my mout shut hoping it wouldnt leak across the border. I was wrong. Herrs started making them.

RABEL222

Reply Sat 8 Feb, 2020 02:33 pm
@farmerman,
I bought a small bag of them in our local resgraurant. Never again.
francocig

Reply Sat 8 Feb, 2020 10:23 pm
@RABEL222,
Here is Australia Smiths made Lamington flavoured chips, they taste terrible, sweet flavoured chips are wrong, in an online poll 80% of people disliked them.
0 Replies

Rebelofnj

Reply Sun 9 Feb, 2020 06:37 am
@tsarstepan,
Out of those films nominated, I only saw Cats and Glass.

I was definitely more disappointed in Glass than I was with Cats. I had high expectations with Glass after watching Unbreakable and Split, but the film ended up being boring for most of the time and the secret society in the end came out of nowhere, with no hint of it in the last two films.

At least with Cats, it had a "so bad it's good" kind of quality, and the musical numbers performed by the lesser known, more talented actors are decent enough to watch.

Gemini Man gets an honorable mention for being a 2019 film using a 90s era script.
Rebelofnj

Reply Sun 9 Feb, 2020 06:47 am
@tsarstepan,
For the last category, it seems it is for films that featured unnecessary destruction and deaths.

Apparently, the category appeared in the 1997 awards with Con Air (winner), Batman & Robin, The Lost World: Jurassic Park, Turbulence, and Volcano being nominated

And the Razzies probably wanted to nominate Joker for something, so they brought back the category.
tsarstepan

Reply Sun 9 Feb, 2020 08:45 am
@Rebelofnj,
Rebelofnj wrote:

For the last category, it seems it is for films that featured unnecessary destruction and deaths.

Apparently, the category appeared in the 1997 awards with Con Air (winner), Batman & Robin, The Lost World: Jurassic Park, Turbulence, and Volcano being nominated

And the Razzies probably wanted to nominate Joker for something, so they brought back the category.

That makes a bit of sense.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Sun 9 Feb, 2020 11:39 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

worst Ice cream flavor Ive encountered this past year---Maple Bacon ripple. --GAAAAAAHGGHH!!

Philly cream cheese SUSHI-

DILL PICKLE POTATO CHIPS...Had these in Canadia (Humpty Dumpty brnd)way before, but I kept my mout shut hoping it wouldnt leak across the border. I was wrong. Herrs started making them.

Just gagged up the last two days of meals.....I think I've lost 5 pounds. Thanks FM
tsarstepan

Reply Mon 10 Feb, 2020 11:49 am
@glitterbag,
One of the worst films from 2020 has received four Razzie Awards nominations. It's supposedly a revolting, disgusting and poorly made work of historical revisionism bringing conspiracy theories into the adaptation of the story of the infamous Manson/Sharon Tate murder.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Mon 10 Feb, 2020 03:19 pm
@farmerman,
I've encountered dill pickle potato chips. They were interesting, not too bad, yet something which wouldn't bother me if I never had them again.
edgarblythe

Reply Mon 10 Feb, 2020 03:21 pm
I never voluntarily eat flavored chips, but I have to physically remove from sight a bag of regular chips to keep from eating all in one sitting.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 10 Feb, 2020 11:23 pm
@glitterbag,
sorta like dreaming about fried liver.
farmerman

Reply Mon 10 Feb, 2020 11:28 pm
@Sturgis,
Humpty Dumpty is a Canadian brand of tater chips and they had some really cool kinds that were truly interesting and they had like a nice lard cookd flavor (Lard for frying is all a God would create if he really loved his subjects) .
My wife bought like 3 bags of these Dilly Chips (dill pickle) and e took off for a weeks trip on the boat. We barely got through the frst bag bfore we were thinking about how to feed the seagulls dill pickle chips. Theyll eat anything.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Tue 11 Feb, 2020 09:45 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

sorta like dreaming about fried liver.

My mother would make us eat liver and onions every so often, it tastes like the smell of mildew....musty. I'm kind of happy I don't have to dodge the rumaki (old canapé) crap any more......where everyone says 'oh you're going to love this version....and I never did)
edgarblythe

Reply Tue 11 Feb, 2020 10:19 pm
@glitterbag,
I went through the same thing with the liver. Once a week for about a year. When none of the kids could be made to eat over a bite or two the whole time, they gave it up.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Wed 12 Feb, 2020 04:09 pm
Hmm...

I actually like beef liver and onions. Then again, it was never served anywhere I lived growing up. Maybe that helps.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Mon 24 Feb, 2020 05:37 am
@Rebelofnj,
Gemini Man was also the name of a short lived Sci Fi series that followed The Invisible Man. It was incredibly popular over here, but the series had already been cancelled when the BBC bought it.

0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Mon 16 Mar, 2020 06:12 pm
@tsarstepan,
And the losers are...
0 Replies