Kobe Bryant

maxdog

Reply Sun 26 Jan, 2020 02:53 pm
Nevsr heard of this guy and I m sendig condelence for his family but right now my facebook friends are in a race who gives the best title to their post on facebook about him . Tired of these things .
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 5 • Views: 633 • Replies: 21

Sturgis

Reply Sun 26 Jan, 2020 03:02 pm
@maxdog,
You can send a condolence without competing.

By the way, Mr.Bryant was a top notch basketball player with amazing stats!

Gone way too soon.
maxdog

Reply Sun 26 Jan, 2020 03:46 pm
@Sturgis,
Yes you can . But with some friends that never mentioned him and now they are all like they were putting post about him all year long , it really sucks. Ego of the individual wins on eveyething and even about a deceased man advantage.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sun 26 Jan, 2020 05:35 pm
Well, this should change the conversation.

An MSNBC was discussing him and slipped verbally and referred to the Lakers as “the Los Angeles (just guess whats)”.

I guess racist journalists better be careful with their dirty little racist nicknames... karma’s srsly on the job.
oralloy

Reply Mon 27 Jan, 2020 01:10 am
@Lash,
I was curious and looked up the incident that you are referring to. That's a racial slur? It's not one that I've ever heard before.
0 Replies

maxdog

Reply Mon 27 Jan, 2020 02:44 am
@Lash,
You mean a journalist reported the news with racial comments ?

What he said exactly?
Region Philbis

Reply Mon 27 Jan, 2020 04:34 am
@maxdog,

she said "Los Angeles [N-word]s".

clear as day.

google Alison Morris...
Linkat

Reply Mon 27 Jan, 2020 07:46 am
@Region Philbis,
Region Philbis wrote:

clear as day.

google Alison Morris...

How does that even happen? That isn't a slip of the tongue - cannot even link lakers with N - s. Idiot.
Linkat

Reply Mon 27 Jan, 2020 08:09 am
Finding out about some of the others on the helicopter - I sadly had thought and was confirmed it must be another young girl - teammate of Gianna and her family

John Altobelli, the father of a Red Sox scout who was also head coach of the Brewster Whitecaps in the Cape Cod Baseball League from 2012–2014, was one of the people killed in the helicopter crash Sunday that killed Kobe Bryant.

Altobelli, his wife Keri, and daughter Alyssa were among those who perished in Southern California.

Alyssa was on the AAU basketball team with Bryant’s 13-year-old daughter Gianna.

I have a daughter that plays AAU basketball and so I can only imagine how this is impacting the team and their families.

Very sad.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Mon 27 Jan, 2020 12:43 pm
@Linkat,
Linkat wrote:
How does that even happen? That isn't a slip of the tongue - cannot even link lakers with N - s. Idiot.

What many people on the internet are referring to as the "N word" that this reporter said on the air, is not what any normal person thinks of when they hear the phrase "N word".

What this reporter said was the word Lakers with the "L" replaced with an "N" but otherwise identical to the word Lakers.

She says that it happened because she started saying Knicks, then self corrected mid-word to say Lakers.

Unless every single word that begins with an "N" is now a dreaded "N word", I say the people who are hounding her are nuts.

I used the words "not" and "normal" in the first line of this post, and the word "nuts" in the line just above. If any progressives try to hound me for having used multiple "N words" in this post I will mock them mercilessly for their virtue signaling.
edgarblythe

Reply Mon 27 Jan, 2020 12:45 pm
@oralloy,
What this reporter said was the word Lakers with the "L" replaced with an "N" but otherwise identical to the word Lakers.

She says that it happened because she started saying Knicks, then self-corrected mid-word to say Lakers.

Yep.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Mon 27 Jan, 2020 01:31 pm
So she said Los Angeles Nackers?

Hmph. That's lame that it made a story.
oralloy

Reply Mon 27 Jan, 2020 02:26 pm
@McGentrix,
I don't know whether or not she preceded it with "Los Angeles". But yes, that is the word that she used.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Mon 27 Jan, 2020 03:05 pm
@oralloy,
thanks for that clarification then why wouldn't the poster write Nakers?
Sturgis

Reply Mon 27 Jan, 2020 03:12 pm
@Linkat,
Another possibility is since she said she started to say Knicks, it may have come across as Knickers. That would definitely sound similar enough to the racially charged N word.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Mon 27 Jan, 2020 03:34 pm
@Linkat,
Which poster? Do you mean all the people on Twitter who are going into hysterics about it? They seem to believe that it is a horrible racial slur that should never be repeated.

I'm avoiding it myself just out of an abundance of caution. I don't know that it is a racial slur, but I don't know nearly enough about racial slurs to know that it isn't. Better to avoid the headache of people throwing a fit about my use of the word if it actually is.
Linkat

Reply Mon 27 Jan, 2020 04:22 pm
@oralloy,
Region above posted this:

Quote:

clear as day.

google Alison Morris...

Now I did not google Alison Morris so it could have pulled something up when I did - and it is quite possible as a result I misunderstood what Region was trying to communicate.
oralloy

Reply Mon 27 Jan, 2020 05:25 pm
@Linkat,
I think he was pointing you towards articles about this kerfuffle.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Mon 27 Jan, 2020 05:39 pm
@Linkat,

you make the call...

(possibly NSFW)
oralloy

Reply Mon 27 Jan, 2020 05:52 pm
@Region Philbis,
I guess that answers that question. She did precede it with "Los Angeles".
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Kobe Bryant
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/27/2024 at 12:44:09