Self teaching

Reply Sun 26 Jun, 2005 10:48 pm
I was hoping to be able to take a Trig class at our local community college this Summer. I had registered for a class a month or two in advance and had been prepared for it. I came into class the first day and only 7 people showed up. The school requires 10, at least, on the first day. So, the class was canceled. Now, I already have clases registered for my next year in school and passing a test to understand Trigonometry is required for those classes. I am a very quick learner for Math and already know a bit of the material, so it doesn't have to be anything too complex..

So, do you know any good Trigonometry textbooks ( as so I can do practice problems and have the answers when I need to check them ) I can work out of amd a website I can them order it off of?
Or a website ( my mom insisted she found one, but we can't refind it! ) that sells videos?
Or even an (preferably free ) online class that I can take without having to be registered to whatever school it's coming from?

Thanks for any help.Smile
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 871 • Replies: 5
No top replies

roger

Reply Sun 26 Jun, 2005 11:00 pm
No help from me, but I have one suggestion. Could your mom check the "History" icon on her computer, and possibly find the site that way.
0 Replies

ScissorsRunWithYou

Reply Sun 26 Jun, 2005 11:08 pm
That's a good idea, though, she looked it up while work and I think she deletes the history. But I guess it won't hurt to ask, though she won't be going to work for a few more days, and I'm trying to get it as quick as possible. Smile But, I'll ask anyway. Thanks.
0 Replies

lab rat

Reply Mon 27 Jun, 2005 06:43 am
Can you contact the faculty member who would have taught the class at the community college? If so, you could ask them what textbook they would have used for the course or if they have any recommended training materials.
0 Replies

Vengoropatubus

Reply Mon 27 Jun, 2005 06:28 pm
You also might be able to get them to give you tests or something to measure your progress.
0 Replies

ScissorsRunWithYou

Reply Thu 7 Jul, 2005 07:23 pm
Do you think they will be able to give me tests only as an individual person? The only teacher there that was to teach trig said he was going to give out quizzes and tests sporadically as he made them, so none of them were premade other than maybe the final two exams. And even now he's on vacation in Disneyland or something.
0 Replies