A "weird questions in semi-earnest digression"......

dlowan

Reply Wed 22 Jun, 2005 09:02 am
Setanta wrote:
Yer skatin' on thin ice, DD . . .

Miss Cunning Coney--"A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of a petty mind."

Whaddarya?

A hobgoblinophobe?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 22 Jun, 2005 09:07 am
Not necessarily . . . i can at least note with pride that i'm no lapinophile . . .
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 22 Jun, 2005 09:15 am
I am hurt.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 22 Jun, 2005 09:20 am
I do not automatically love all wabbits, just those who merit affection. Don't be obtuse, you know i love you, you know i always have . . .
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Wed 22 Jun, 2005 09:27 am
dlowan wrote:
Crock pot - and I won't touch 'em - they're too, too, seventies....

In Oz I believe they are called Crocpots.

You'd better be a bit careful though, as it is not really the bacteria ITSELF that causes the montezumas of the anal regions, it is the TOXINS that they produce as their waste product, as they chomp your stew. If the bacteria have been left for a long enough period to eat, multiply and poo enough toxins to cause a problem, no amount of boiling will remove it.
The old fashioned stews used to have a thick layer of hard fat over the surface when cooled, and it is thought that the fat very much slowed the progress of the bacteria swimming around underneath. Lack of oxygen and all that.
Modern dishes rarely have this amount of fat in the recipes, so trouble could be lurking.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Wed 22 Jun, 2005 09:45 am
I'm glad to hear of a good, practical use for fat--in my current Battle of the Bulge, the Bulge is holding its own.

Teeming microbes... teeming masses... Burgeoning critters on a microscopic level are generally inconspicuous.
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Wed 22 Jun, 2005 10:11 am
You just need the right kind of microbes. Little critters often produce fantastic results. Pollution-eating bacteria. Oil eating bacteria. Probiotics.

It just might be one super healthy soup you are cooking up.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Wed 22 Jun, 2005 12:18 pm
I seem to recall purgatives being quite popular once upon a time. Maybe the rodent... er... Rodent... is onto a big seller.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Wed 22 Jun, 2005 01:29 pm
I've been reading about molecules of Beta-amyloid, the protein that constitutes the sticky plaques in Alzxheimer's brains, charging through the blood stream.
0 Replies

George

Reply Wed 22 Jun, 2005 01:40 pm
OK, now I'm getting a mental image of Beta-amyloid molecules getting
ready to charge.
Funny, they all look like Woody Allen in a sperm costume.
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Wed 22 Jun, 2005 02:14 pm
Speaking of sperm:

Sperm donors' offspring reach out into past

Quote:
Ann, who lives on the East Coast and asked that her last name not be used, suspected her mother's gynecologist was her sperm donor and sent him a package with a DNA sample, inviting him to have it compared to his own. When the package was sent back with a curt "`I can't help you' response," Ann searched through the university's archives in his hometown, hoping to find a visual clue in a college yearbook picture.

I can see it now... you're a gynecologist. You just had a hard day of work. You're finishing up the days paperwork and you notice a package on your desk with your name on it. You open it up and there is a DNA sample (whatever a DNA sample looks like) with a note that starts off with "Hi Dad... remember that sperm you donated 18 years ago?"

At least I hope he just donated it...
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Wed 22 Jun, 2005 02:19 pm
Sperm can look a lot like paperwork--especially when it catches up.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 22 Jun, 2005 04:00 pm
badaba, badabing!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 22 Jun, 2005 04:01 pm
DrewDad wrote:
I seem to recall purgatives being quite popular once upon a time. Maybe the rodent... er... Rodent... is onto a big seller.

I'm not a rodent, I am a lagomorph.
0 Replies

George

Reply Wed 22 Jun, 2005 08:40 pm
dlowan wrote:
...I'm not a rodent, I am a lagomorph.

That's OK, you can still get married in Massachusetts.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 22 Jun, 2005 08:56 pm
Heck, I've done it for years. Not soup, of course, but sloppy joe that sort of morphs into spaghetti sauce when it gets tiresome. If you're looking for help from the cooking temperatures, though, the stuff comes to a full boil around 160f, probably because of the viscosity.

Anyway, it's good stuff, and I've never been sick a day in my li
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 22 Jun, 2005 08:57 pm
I think Roger just fell down.

Someone better get a swab of that sludge in his soup pot.

<crockpots are mightily trendy in the world of the true foodie>

Toasted bagels with everything and flax.
Do they really have everything?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 22 Jun, 2005 08:59 pm
I don't want no flax in my food . . . sheesh . . . if i'd wanted flax in my food, i'd have eaten the napkin . . .
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Wed 22 Jun, 2005 09:15 pm
dlowan wrote:
I'm not a rodent, I am a lagomorph.

Lessee now....does that mean you're built like a lake?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 22 Jun, 2005 09:21 pm
dlowan suffers from water retention? that explains SO much Cool
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 09/30/2024 at 06:33:39