10 Most Harmful Books of the 19th, 20th C.

panzade

Reply Tue 21 Jun, 2005 02:47 pm
joefromchicago wrote:
My list of the ten most harmful books:

Very very funny Joe...thanks Laughing
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Tue 21 Jun, 2005 04:44 pm
chiczaira wrote:
Thomas is apparently not aware that in the same comment made by Dr. Sowell regarding Keynes, which, I have noted has not been rebutted, Sowell comments that:

I didn't say that Sowell misunderstood Keynes. What's your point?
0 Replies

chiczaira

Reply Tue 21 Jun, 2005 07:10 pm
I am not aware that Milton Friedman has complained of any chop job conservatives have made of his economics. And unlike Keynes, Friedman is still alive and outspoken enough to do so it he had a reason to.

Isnt this what you said, Thomas?

Milton Friedman complaining of a "Chop job"? Where? When? or are you referring to a "chop job" done by Sowell? If not Sowell, who?

And apparently you think that Keynes would be outspoken about "chop jobs" By whom?

Do you always write without referents?
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Wed 22 Jun, 2005 12:59 am
chiczaira wrote:
I am not aware that Milton Friedman has complained of any chop job conservatives have made of his economics. And unlike Keynes, Friedman is still alive and outspoken enough to do so it he had a reason to.

Isnt this what you said, Thomas?

It is -- but it appears that you have not read the "I am not aware" part. My point was that for all I know, Milton Friedman hasn't complained about any chop job, and conservatives have not made any chop job for him to complain about, contrary to what plainoldme has said. I have disagreed (at least somewhat) with plainoldme, and agreed (at least somewhat) with you. In the future, maybe you can consider the possibility that some people to the left of you sometimes do that.

(Indeed, the central committee of the liberal international encourages us footsoldiers to do that. Diversity of thought confuses the hell out of the conservative class enemy.)
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 22 Jun, 2005 05:22 am
You could be in a lot of trouble for giving away information on tactical doctrine, Thomas. Be aware that you have been reported.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Wed 22 Jun, 2005 05:46 am
psst...I think the chop thingey was about Betty Friedan (one of the bad bad authors listed) not Milton.
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Wed 22 Jun, 2005 05:56 am
Good point, Blatham. I had wrongly assumed a typo on plainoldme's part. My mistake.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Wed 22 Jun, 2005 06:16 am
thomas

You can perhaps imagine how tempted I was to let that one slide...that visceral pleasure from the notion of Milton-chopping.
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Wed 22 Jun, 2005 08:04 am
Thomas -- You should assume a reading error on your part. I believe I wrote about chop jobs on Keynes and Friedan.

Chic -- Your Dr. Sowell has a word usage problem, unless you copied his writing incorrectly. Find it yourself. if you can.
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Wed 22 Jun, 2005 08:30 am
plainoldme wrote:
Thomas -- You should assume a reading error on your part. I believe I wrote about chop jobs on Keynes and Friedan.

Thanks, plainoldme -- I now do, and you did.
0 Replies

chiczaira

Reply Thu 23 Jun, 2005 10:43 pm
No, plainoldme, You find it. From what I have read of your posts, you are badly in need of Basic Economics.

"Basic Economics" by Thomas Sowell--Basic Books- C. 2000.

I am filled with wonderment at the annoucements made purporting that Keynes had been subjected to a "chop job". I assume we are to take this on faith> I do not and have run into enough phonies who make statements they do not prove before vanishing from a thread.
0 Replies

Atkins

Reply Fri 24 Jun, 2005 09:16 am
chiczaira wrote:
No, plainoldme, You find it. From what I have read of your posts, you are badly in need of Basic Economics.

"Basic Economics" by Thomas Sowell--Basic Books- C. 2000.

I am filled with wonderment at the annoucements made purporting that Keynes had been subjected to a "chop job". I assume we are to take this on faith> I do not and have run into enough phonies who make statements they do not prove before vanishing from a thread.

And I suppose this is an example of how polite the right is?
0 Replies